Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1391 - 1400 of 1950 | Page: 1 ...131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ...195

Forum » Thread

Re: Stephenson's in the wind
Roger asked How tall is it? Technical data on Warmlite Tents

In Editor's Roundtable » State of the Market Report: Single Wall Tents (2008)
November 19, 2:46pm

Re: Inov8 Sizing
zappos.com carries a number of Inov8 models and they provide sizing advisories, presumably because of customer feedback (but I don't KNOW that). Example, for one model: Please select a half...

In Gear Deals » three Inov8 Roclite models on sale at REI
November 19, 2:38pm

three Inov8 Roclite models on sale at REI
Inov8 Roclite 295, 305 and 315 on sale at REI

In Gear Deals » three Inov8 Roclite models on sale at REI
November 19, 8:38am

Re: Les Stroud
But is he so tough he scares Chuck Norris? I don't know, but it's been said ... that Chuck Norris runs to find poison ivy to wipe with when he sees Les coming.

In Chaff » Less Stroud is so tough...
November 18, 9:15am

Re: Less Stroud is so tough...
Received two seasons of Surviverman DVDs for my birthday. Having never seen the show my first thought was along the lines of "Oh brother, how am I gonna pretend to enjoy this?" But we...

In Chaff » Less Stroud is so tough...
November 17, 9:46pm

Re: BUSHBUDDY/BUSHCOOKER
Also, what do you guys call Methylated spirits (British name), and does it have any differing names in differing states That'd be denatured alcohol ... I don't know if it goes by other n...

In Chaff » R.I.P. - Bush Buddy rip off
November 17, 6:45am

Re: the burden of proof (Tarptent Sublite Silnylon Now Available)
When you are doing SUB 5, 4 ounces is critical. Mike, That is correct, but hardly applies to the topic. Henry said a Spinnaker SubLite would weigh 2oz less (19.5oz). Do you have room in a 79oz...

In GEAR » Tarptent Sublite Silnylon Now Available
November 15, 8:57am

Re: cartoon kitchen, gear list
1) Use as wide a pot as you can 2) Never run the stove flat out - half power is fine 3) Always use a good windshield around the stove and pot 4) Always have a lid on the pot 5) Dutch oven your ...

In Gear Lists » 8 Day Winter Gear List
November 12, 6:49am

Re: UL cooking platform
How ridged is that plastic? I'm wondering if it is ridged enough to serve as a frame in a frameless backpack? I've seen that idear on the G4 Pack yahoo group ... with a pair of small dia...

In GEAR » UL cooking platform
November 10, 3:03pm

Re: UL cutting boards
PS: We are in final editing on book 2. I handed off the final manuscript to my husband last night :-) Very excited! Probably not on a timeline that'd work to be included in a Christmas list?

In GEAR » UL cooking platform
November 10, 2:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am