Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1391 - 1400 of 1928 | Page: 1 ...131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ...193

Forum » Thread

Re: Pack Comparison
Roman, Where in SW Louisana? (I was born in Lafayette, but am a successful northern transplant:-) If you can get by with 3000ci, you might find the vapor trail a bit roomy. Vapor Trail is 3...

In GEAR » Pack Comparison
October 16, 6:43pm

Re: Anybody had to self-evac after tib/fib injury?
Well, for epic tales of self rescue, there's always Doug Scott's retreat from the Ogre

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anybody had to self-evac after tib/fib injury?
October 13, 5:03pm

optimal down density?: question for Richard...
Richard, Thank you for some info regarding clo and down. It's always bugged me to have no objective comparison of the insulation value of an ounce of down vs an ounce of synthetics. Can yo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question of the day?
October 13, 2:51am

more questions: Question of the day?
It does sound like the pad ... except that the BA alleges an R value of 4.1 for the Insulated Aircore ... more than other light weight alternatives How do you find the girth of the Marmot Hydrog...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question of the day?
October 12, 6:10am

Re: Import costs: Canada to US?
I asked that question of Fritz b4 buying a BushBuddy std directly from him. His answer was "no customs fees since NAFTA". It was shipped postal and the postal services added no spec...

In Chaff » Import costs: Canada to US?
October 10, 9:21pm

More thoughts concerning Some More Thoughts...
Let me start by saying that I don't consider there to be one Right Way to use a ground cloth and for me, this discussion is not a "you're wrong, I'm right" thing. Just presen...

In GEAR » Groundsheet puncture resistance
September 22, 4:19pm

Re: Groundsheet puncture resistance
At 84 inches long, the Gossamer Gear spinnaker sheets are about 24 inches shorter than a 2C and 50 inches shorter than a 2R ... Warmlite's other models are longer. If you feel you must have a ...

In GEAR » Groundsheet puncture resistance
September 22, 12:22pm

Re: waterproofing
Victoria, Check with Dry Cleaning shops for wash-in wax products used to restore water repellance in canvas trench coats. But if you really want to pack water tight, check your library for a ...

In GEAR » waterproofing
September 17, 11:04am

Re: One comments
Owing to the low-stretch, low-sag qualities of spinnaker, and to the tent's taut pitch, lifters are absolutely not needed. This side sleeping 72" tall hiker found the One's head and...

In GEAR » GG One - What's wrong?
September 16, 12:17pm

Re: Y'all are insanely creatve
I sometimes wonder if this is actually a group of ex-cons that learned how to make the most out of what was available in a 6' x 8' jail cell. 6' x 8' cell? No self respecting ul...

In Multiple Use Gear » Y'all are insanely creatve
September 16, 7:24am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am