BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1391 - 1400 of 1441 | Page: 1 ...126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145

Forum » Thread

I'm a crazy..
Ordered one yesterday. It is about the same price as MLD but is slightly larger with no weight penalty. I wanted to move to tarp bivy and decided this time around to go all the way to the edge of...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light Stealth NANO
February 23, 11:24am

lighten it up
remove all three sections of the ring between the supports. Then you can bend the supports to increase the diameter. And it's lighter

In GEAR » perfect heineken pot holder - almost
February 22, 1:34pm

hetch hetchy
Hetch hetchy is a great area to snowshoe out of. Once you climb out of the canyon there are a multide of route based on capability and desire. The road is generally open though there is limited h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First Full Snow Trip
February 19, 2:16pm

Sierra Cement?
I'm still waiting for the cement to cure in the sierra. Been up three time so far this year and wish I had larger shoes than my 22" Denali evo ascents with the 6" tails. I personall...

In Winter Hiking » Lightning Ascent Help
February 04, 2:35pm

where to?
David, Where you heading into? I will be heading your way and head into the wild either late Thursday or Friday. Still finalizing but may head out of hetch hetchy. Anywhere good?

In Gear Swap » WTB - Gaiters
February 04, 2:31pm

vertical vs. horizontal
I know you are looking for horizontal but I can confirm that the Jam and Pinnacle can easily hold either Bearvault vertical. The length of the large Bearvault placed horizontal would kill your ab...

In GEAR » Packs that will take a large BearVault sideways
February 04, 10:31am

Try Craiglist
Had great luck getting from Fresno to Roads end in Kings Canyon, 80mi for only $100 (plus $20 tip) I had multiple offers and set it up about a week ahead of time. Also, I hitched from Whitney Por...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sierra Prime: Off Trail in California's High Country
February 03, 7:53pm

XA 3D Pro's
I love my XA 3D Pro's. I wore them out the box on a 30mi. hike with no issues. The most comfortable shoe I've owned though the laces take a bit of getting used to. I have heard about l...

In GEAR » Salomon XA Comp 4 vs 3D Pro Ultra
February 02, 8:18pm

Couple of suggestions
1) Don't worry about the joints, it will get better, or at least that was my experience. 2) On your non-hiking days try bumping up your speed. I would expect that you could exceed 3mph easily...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training for a speed hike.
February 02, 8:07pm

Tioga Road Open Date
Another thing to watch is Tioga Road Opening Date. This will vary year to year. See http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tiogaopen.htm for historic data on opening date. (july 1st is the latest ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Vogelsang in early June
February 01, 9:16am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.