Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1391 - 1400 of 1481 | Page: 1 ...130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149

Forum » Thread

Calories/oz
I agree too much time is spent on gear vs. food. I have been trying to get my food right for about three years now. Right is the proper number of calories that can actually be eaten with nothi...

In GEAR » Base Weight Vs. Consumables Discussion
March 20, 2:52pm

Re: High Speed Backpacking - why
I would probably be considered one of the "faster" hikers out there. But in reality I go my natural pace which is just over 3.0mph and I hike with few breaks from "can see till can&...

In Philosophy & Technique » High Speed Backpacking - why
March 20, 6:36am

Re: Just how strict are they about the permits?
"It's 20+ miles and 5000+ ft elevation gain so I know I'd need to train pretty hard and I'm coming from sea level so there's that added problem. Do you know anyone that has don...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » John Muir Trail, Class of 2010
March 19, 3:37pm

walk up
I believe 40% of the permits are non-reservable. That combined with a bit of flexibility on trailhead (and possibly a slight detour from your permit :O) and you can make it work. I have had great...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » John Muir Trail, Class of 2010
March 19, 11:37am

Your Call....
I wore running shoes on the JMT and trail runners, Salomon Exit Aero's on 150 miles of the Sierra High Route which is most off-trail up some of the most rugged terrain you can find. But I neve...

In GEAR » Trail Runners vs Backpacking Boots
March 18, 7:38pm

David - Canister
David, I will be headed back your way in early April. I have both sizes of Bearvaults. I could bring either one out for you to use. Let me know.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bay area BPL April
March 18, 5:54am

Tarptent City
Here is a picture of 4 tarptents (Squall, Contrail, Moment and Sublite) set up on night 2. Dave's MLD Breaking down Camp Great meeting the whole crew. Look forward to another ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » BPL 2nd Snow trip
March 17, 12:51pm

Re: Awe...
Juston, Can't do. Still in CA warming up from the weekend playing in the snow.

In GEAR » Has BPL Stealth Nano Tarp shipped?
March 16, 5:56pm

Has BPL Stealth Nano Tarp shipped?
Has anyone received their Stealth Nano yet? It was supposed to ship by 3/10 but I have sitting next to my mailbox for days now looking disappointed. If you have it how does it look?

In GEAR » Has BPL Stealth Nano Tarp shipped?
March 16, 3:15pm

Re: Re: Samoas! Num, num, num.
"It should be noted that Girls Scout cookies exceed the 125 calories per ounce standard for ultralight nutrition ... ranging from 130 to 159!" Yes but.... a dap of peanut butter will ...

In Chaff » Girl Scouts -- The New Terrorists!!!
March 10, 8:52am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.