BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1391 - 1400 of 1446 | Page: 1 ...126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145

Forum » Thread

Rain in CA
Yes, I could have been a bit more clear. I was talking the Sierra vs. Ca in general. And I do about a trip a month, year round so I have quite a few data points. Point about down working fine ye...

In GEAR » Down only for winter?
February 27, 7:51am

Ideal Time in Sierra
August is probably your best bet. Blood suckers are virtually gone and the snow is not likely an issue. If planning to hike off Tioga Road in Yosemite then watch for when the road will open. I wo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip Suggestions for Father and 8 y/o Son
February 27, 5:41am

Yosemite/Kings Canyon
I suggest that you hike off of Tioga Road in Yosemite. A couple of options: Vogalsang area from tuolumne meadows, ten lakes or The Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne. You can make some great trips and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip Suggestions for Father and 8 y/o Son
February 26, 4:38pm

Re: Backpacking light?
Is that a third glove? :O

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking light?
February 26, 2:10pm

No problem
Carry down UL-20 quilt year round. I have only been rained on twice in CA. Once in winter at night and once a deluge of rain and hail in the afternoon. Also, if you're hiking in Sierras, it ...

In GEAR » Down only for winter?
February 26, 2:08pm

I'm a crazy..
Ordered one yesterday. It is about the same price as MLD but is slightly larger with no weight penalty. I wanted to move to tarp bivy and decided this time around to go all the way to the edge of...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light Stealth NANO
February 23, 11:24am

lighten it up
remove all three sections of the ring between the supports. Then you can bend the supports to increase the diameter. And it's lighter

In GEAR » perfect heineken pot holder - almost
February 22, 1:34pm

hetch hetchy
Hetch hetchy is a great area to snowshoe out of. Once you climb out of the canyon there are a multide of route based on capability and desire. The road is generally open though there is limited h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First Full Snow Trip
February 19, 2:16pm

Sierra Cement?
I'm still waiting for the cement to cure in the sierra. Been up three time so far this year and wish I had larger shoes than my 22" Denali evo ascents with the 6" tails. I personall...

In Winter Hiking » Lightning Ascent Help
February 04, 2:35pm

where to?
David, Where you heading into? I will be heading your way and head into the wild either late Thursday or Friday. Still finalizing but may head out of hetch hetchy. Anywhere good?

In Gear Swap » WTB - Gaiters
February 04, 2:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.