Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1391 - 1400 of 1464 | Page: 1 ...128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147

Forum » Thread

Friday Arrivals
I will be in CA next week and can get out to Pinecrest sometime late afternoon Friday. Anyone arriving Friday afternoon or evening? Also, I will be leaving out of Pleasanton if anyone wants a r...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bay Area BPL Winter Camping - Part Two
March 06, 2:30pm

Re: Chaos
Best way to describe it..... The day after Thankgiving at Walmart. It was bizarre to see people with armload of pack or trekking poles. I suspect many of these items will be resold because it mad...

In Gear Deals » Member's Only - Scratch and Dent Sale
March 06, 10:05am

Earthquake?
Did an earthquake cause the hut to tilt? :O

In Photo Gallery » Dreaming of Evolution Valley
March 06, 9:40am

agree on Goretex
Will never waste money on the "waterproof" Goretex again. Get truly breathable!

In GEAR » Lightweight, Breathable everyday shoes
March 05, 2:54pm

Another Evolution Lake
Evolution Lake - July 4th 2009

In Photo Gallery » Dreaming of Evolution Valley
March 05, 9:52am

Salty junk works for me
Not really lunch but I usually snack on bags of fritos, pringles or other chips. I put them in bags of 200-300 calories and slightly crush them to increase the density. Works for me. Others......

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Mid-day snacks / on the go lunch
March 04, 7:39pm

Prolite vs. others
To build on Ben's comment around designing for the system: Your sleeping pad should probably wait till you determine the type of pack you will use. I started with a Prolite and it now only ge...

In Gear Swap » New backpacker to the community
March 04, 4:04pm

Pad
I would probably start with the pad. You don't mention what pad you are using now but that is a quick, often cheap way of experimenting. I hike the same areas as you do and for me a Ridgerest...

In GEAR » The Big Four for cold sleepers
March 04, 3:42pm

6 or 7 works
Your call. I'm in.

In Gear Deals » Member's Only - Scratch and Dent Sale
March 04, 1:52pm

Watch the thin cord
The thin cord like triptease could be a problem if it does cut into the branch. Had that happen and it took several minutes to free it up. There may be a "slippery" version but until I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What kind of rope for bear bag?
March 03, 5:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.