Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1391 - 1400 of 1492 | Page: 1 ...131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150

Forum » Thread

MYOG - Zhitshat
I made my own Zhitshat. I wanted a cuben version and it ended up weighing in at 3.9oz. After some field tests I will post the plans. Especially exciting are the titanium staypuffs that hold it t...

In GEAR » Best UL products of 2010
April 01, 8:20am

Who needs a tent
When I hiked the JMT my son was recovering from pneumonia (another story) Anyway, he snored so bad that I slept out under the stars every night to escape the racket. (And the bugs go away after su...

In GEAR » Lightest most practical shelter for 3 on JMT
March 31, 1:15pm

watch your feet
Twin 30's in wet shoes sounds like potential problems. Problem day 1 could spell problems for day two. Also, I would look at what light you're taking. You may need it.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Long, rainy miles tomorrow
March 28, 7:41pm

JMT Gear
I wore an older pair of Nike running shoes on the JMT and had some blister problems but that was due to a poor sock selection. If I were to do it again I would take a NON-GTX Salomon Ultra 3d wi...

In GEAR » JMT Gear and Logistics
March 28, 6:33am

That's an easy one....
I will nearly always push myself, ie hard hikes. Got to go head into the mountains. First attempt at a 40 mile day tomorrow. Enough said.

In Philosophy & Technique » Hard hikes.
March 26, 12:46pm

rust from canisters
The rust ring will likely just wipe off the titanium.

In GEAR » Rusty pot
March 24, 9:09am

Re: Re: Re: Endurance fuel
"At higher elevations, however, it becomes progressively more difficult for the body to utilize fat as a fuel source, especially when on the move, due to decreased O2, and the diet needs to be...

In GEAR » Base Weight Vs. Consumables Discussion
March 23, 6:11pm

Re: WTB Caldera Cone ULC
wow, I just checked MLD's website and I guess the stove you are referring to is similiar to their compact caldera. It is now gone. I must have received one of the last ones that MLD shipped o...

In Gear Swap » WTB Caldera Cone ULC
March 23, 6:04pm

Re: Re: Ice Cream on the PCT
Craig - Nice Post.

In Philosophy & Technique » High Speed Backpacking - why
March 23, 12:23pm

alcohol
I need to bring more 151! For medicinal purposes only!

In GEAR » Base Weight Vs. Consumables Discussion
March 21, 5:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.