BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1391 - 1400 of 1451 | Page: 1 ...127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146

Forum » Thread

REI UL Trekking Poles
Brandon, You don't want these. I went through three sets of these and RETURNED them all. The first broke during a fall and I took them in to see about replacing the broken section. They gav...

In Gear Deals » Member's Only - Scratch and Dent Sale
March 02, 6:47pm

I'm a definite maybe
Luck has it that I will likely be in CA that weekend and would love to meet some other BPL'ers. I would be up for both Fri and Sat nights. Need to get my trip finalized. The trailhead is nea...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bay Area BPL Winter Camping - Part Two
March 02, 1:29pm

Ride to AT
I have also been thinking this could be a cool idea. I live near the start of the AT (south) and would be glad to help out with rides from ATL to Springer Mountain. Didn't know where to post ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL member shuttle?
March 02, 7:13am

Re: Semi worst-case backup clothing.. How much, if at all?
Agree with Ben. Why not two pairs of lighter socks vs. a single heavy as backup? Same weight, insulation but can dry faster and give you the option of wearing single.

In GEAR » Semi worst-case backup clothing.. How much, if at all?
February 28, 7:33am

Death Valley
Cottonwood/Marble Canyon is a very nice hike in DV. 30 mile loop which can be added to with some exploration of other side canyons. Very cool. I normally sleep under the stars in DV.

In Post-Trip Reports » Going to Vegas, Death valley or Lake Mead
February 28, 7:20am

Rain in CA
Yes, I could have been a bit more clear. I was talking the Sierra vs. Ca in general. And I do about a trip a month, year round so I have quite a few data points. Point about down working fine ye...

In GEAR » Down only for winter?
February 27, 7:51am

Ideal Time in Sierra
August is probably your best bet. Blood suckers are virtually gone and the snow is not likely an issue. If planning to hike off Tioga Road in Yosemite then watch for when the road will open. I wo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip Suggestions for Father and 8 y/o Son
February 27, 5:41am

Yosemite/Kings Canyon
I suggest that you hike off of Tioga Road in Yosemite. A couple of options: Vogalsang area from tuolumne meadows, ten lakes or The Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne. You can make some great trips and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip Suggestions for Father and 8 y/o Son
February 26, 4:38pm

Re: Backpacking light?
Is that a third glove? :O

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking light?
February 26, 2:10pm

No problem
Carry down UL-20 quilt year round. I have only been rained on twice in CA. Once in winter at night and once a deluge of rain and hail in the afternoon. Also, if you're hiking in Sierras, it ...

In GEAR » Down only for winter?
February 26, 2:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.