BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1391 - 1400 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ...208

Forum » Thread

Buffalo
I looked at a buffalo robe at the Bent's Old Fort historical site. I'd guess a good reason for not using it in coats would be its heavy and bulky. When I pulled up the side the leather pa...

In GEAR » warmest fur?
January 12, 3:53pm

Cheap Ideas
Women"s bags and short bags can sometimes be found on clearance since they seem to be the last thing left when a bag is discontinued. I got a cheap Golite quilt that way once. I'd shop a...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Lightweight compressible sleeping bag for small boy scout
January 12, 3:42pm

Weight
If I have a bear skin coat how does that work with the whole "skin out weight?" Do I just count the fur as skin out?

In GEAR » warmest fur?
January 11, 10:00pm

Vest or Coat - Coat
I'd lean towards a coat. Maybe its just me but I feel like my body has a harder time keeping me warm when I'm all tired out.

In GEAR » Vest or coat for JMT hike
January 11, 9:55pm

Another Option
Definately stay away from the G4. If you're going to get a HMG pack why not get the Porter? Same weight but more room so you can fit the bear canister inside if you need to.

In GEAR » First UL Pack - JMT/Sierra High Route Summer 2012 [GG vs HMG]
January 11, 5:52pm

Re Re Re Re Strange preferences
+1 Well said Tom I haven't always agreed with what Ryan Jordan says about gear but sometimes I come back around to his point of view after other things don't work quit so well. He's...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 11, 5:44pm

Q. for Nick
Nick what real diseases are US only or mostly US?

In Chaff » US only medical conditions
January 10, 12:56pm

Good for you
Glad it all worked out. Now that you have a good idea what your limits are you can plan feature trips around what works for you.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Backpacker - 30 miles?
January 10, 12:48pm

Floors
Never been to Philemont but heres an idea if you're in doubt. Buy the inner tents from someplace with a good return policy and keep them in the packaging. If the ranger lets you get away with...

In Philmont » Philmont Crew Tents
January 09, 6:21pm

Pictures
I'm not a professional photographer but if you want pictues I have lot if you'd like some.

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Lightweight Scouting Dissertation
January 09, 5:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.