Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1391 - 1400 of 2259 | Page: 1 ...131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ...226

Forum » Thread

Re Re Why not Texas
Andy some areas of Texas aren't going to have a lot of hikers but some will. I know Dallas the best but it seems there are lots of hikers there. Most of them go up to Arkansas or to Colorado ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Skurka's upcoming slideshows & clinics
February 27, 3:45pm

Cool Website!
Thanks for posting it Ron. All I need is another internet website to spend time on:) Wow 6000 miles for a Burn, I'd call that long lasting! I think Balls said he'd put about 4000 miles...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Check out this Website!
February 27, 3:32pm

Pack Question
You might be right David, hopefully he'll give us his take in more detail at some point. From comments in the book it sounds like Andrew finds hipbelts constricting for active hiking. He'...

In Editor's Roundtable » Andrew Skurka's The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide: Book Review
February 27, 3:29pm

Re H&R Handi
Good idea. Also check out the Thompson Center Contender with an aftermarket folding stock. Could be quit light and also very easy to pack around. If you wanted to do the paperwork a SBR version ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Ultralight hunting"
February 27, 10:52am

Time
"Time" is the only hard and fast requirement for the trips we all want to do. Everything else is a variable." True - although some of us have time but not enough time to go on a t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Does the UL philosophy produce materialistic backpackers?
February 25, 6:47pm

Good Question
I think the UL philosophy of "Take only what you need" turns into "Take gear thats just adequate for the task." That means you need a closest full of gear so on any given trip ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Does the UL philosophy produce materialistic backpackers?
February 25, 3:35pm

Minimalist shoes on the Colorado Trail
I met a guy on the Colorado Trail who'd gone from Durango to Breckenridge in New Balance Minimus shoes. He'd worn out one pair and picked up another pair in either Twin Lakes or Breckenrid...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Minimalist shoes and through hiking.
February 24, 8:32pm

Re Re more info
Andy don't sweet negative reviews, you won't please everyone. When I picked up the book I knew that roughly 80% of the content would be stuff I already knew. Thats not a bad thing, it...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Andrew Skurka's "The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide"
February 22, 5:10pm

Why not Texas
Have you ever considered Texas? Its not a supper outdoor spot but it seems half of Texas migrates north to Colorado every summer.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Skurka's upcoming slideshows & clinics
February 21, 10:17pm

Re Re Maybe VA
Haha Andy it was a good book and I read fast. I've probably read it two or three times for all practical purposes. Once through and than back to re read certain parts. Very handy in boring c...

February 21, 10:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.