BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1381 - 1390 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ...208

Forum » Thread

Re aqua mira
Bob you obviously know what you're doing but one idea. Does your troop carry those big dromadary things for group water? I normally don't but one time we used one to carry some water. Th...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Critique my University of Scouting dissertation draft
January 14, 7:02pm

Re yes they left all their gear
Okay Bob let me rephrase that comment to "I highly doubt a scout troop led by adults with half a brain will get into a survival situation together." As far as the Ten Essentials go I...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Critique my University of Scouting dissertation draft
January 14, 6:46pm

May not have intended to say this but...
Interesting thoughts Nick. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. Here's one thougth that stood out to me from your comments and thinking back to the article. What I read from r...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
January 14, 4:34pm

Great
THIS is the kind of forum (and article hopefully) that makes BPL great!

In GEAR » Wind Stress on Cuben
January 14, 3:13pm

Re troops in rescue situation
Ouch Bob thats sounds like a bad situation. They left their gear?!?!

January 13, 9:41pm

Some Ideas
Jason if you're on a budget Golite is currently having a big sale, but hurry I doubt it will last long. For someone in your position I would recommend their Pursuit pack instead of the Circuit...

In GEAR » Gear Primer for Newbies
January 13, 9:17pm

Re Re Porter
I for one would be very interested in the fabric. Not only how does it handle abrasion but how long will it last before the seams pull loose. After using some more fragile packs I consider Dyneem...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 12, 10:44pm

My Experience
When I went hiking on the Colorado Trail I started with a pair of La Sportiva X-Countries. These aren't really barefoot shoes but they have minimal heel to toe drop and they are pretty thin. ...

In GEAR » Any experiences with backpacking (multiday) in minimal shoes?
January 12, 7:01pm

Re rolling reviews and request for Chris
My thoughts exactly David. If I was looking to purchase a Porter I'd appreciate the review that is out so far. Its more useful than waiting till next fall after Chris and Ryan have used their...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 12, 6:48pm

Temperature Rating?
What kind of temperature rating are you looking at? Are you going to be doing all your camping in Texas will you be out west too?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Lightweight compressible sleeping bag for small boy scout
January 12, 3:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.