Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1381 - 1390 of 2273 | Page: 1 ...130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ...228

Forum » Thread

Sale Pending
Sale pending.

In Gear Swap » FS. Mountain Laurel Designs Burn
March 07, 9:37pm

Wimenuche
For a loop of that distance I think your best bet is going to be the Wimenchue Wildersness. There are lots of options for loops, figure 8s etc. Other areas to check might be the South San Juans o...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Loops
March 07, 9:36pm

Re Re Foot Shape
Chris I have very similar feet to yours. Mind sharing what other shoes have worked for you? I was excited about the NB110 but Craig's review has put a damper on that. NB 101s work OK but the...

In GEAR » Brooks Pure Grit- A quick look.
March 07, 5:46pm

Wolf
I'm thinking wolf too. Partly the track but also the pacing. Tracks can be confussing but often a look at the pace of the tracks clears things up.

In Photo Gallery » Need help identifying animal tracks in snow.
March 06, 8:21pm

Makes me want too...
Congrats to the winners. There are some awesome pics there. Makes me want to plan ten new trips and buy a new camera! I love all the feedback on what makes a good photo. I'm more of a snaps...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2012 Photo Contest Winners!
March 06, 6:42pm

Re External Frame for Young Scout
Bob I was researching kid packs about a year ago and could not find any external frame packs that weighed less than 3.5 pounds. I think the OP was hoping for something a bit lighter. One option...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Backpack for a Small Scout
March 04, 5:53pm

Re Shocked
I've started to like synthetics more for the reasons Matthew has listed. In his book Andrew Skurka also mentions that he thought the MLD quilts held up a bit better than other synthetic quilts...

In GEAR » MLD spirit 28 size when compressed?
March 03, 9:19pm

Overbags etc.
Lawson I agree that synthetic is great for warmer weather. My old BPL 60 quilt is great for warm weather hiking in VA. My brother had a down bag with a similar amount of loft and he seemed to get...

In GEAR » Synthetic Quilts and Sleeping Bags
March 03, 5:57pm

Re Re Synthetic Quilts and Sleeping Bags
> After using down for 4 years on long trips and dealing feather clumping a lot I have started to prefer synthetic as well sounds like that was a poorly made down bag, never had those problem...

In GEAR » Synthetic Quilts and Sleeping Bags
March 03, 11:00am

Still there
Bump its still there.

In Gear Swap » FS. Mountain Laurel Designs Burn
March 03, 9:37am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.