Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1381 - 1390 of 2292 | Page: 1 ...130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ...230

Forum » Thread

Coating
Good write up David. Most of us probably haven't tried non-WPB raingear (except ponchos) so its good to remember it could always be worse. Thanks for the side bar on the DWR coating, I was ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Waterproof-Breathable Jackets: 2012 State of the Market Report
March 13, 6:56pm

Water shoes
Call me crazy but I wear socks inside my watershoes. Sure they get wet but they help keep my feet from chaffing when the shoes inevitably get sand or mud inside them. I use cheap polyester socks ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Footwear Options for Canoeing the Boundry Waters
March 13, 6:53pm

Very Nice
Looks very well done. I'll be interested to hear how it works out for you. All my MYOG packs have been frameless but I'm looking at making something similar with a frame in it.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben Hybrid Pack
March 13, 6:42pm

Re Reading
Interesting story (I'm not surprised that poltics was involved) but they didn't really say "no red meat" as far as I can tell. Where are the studies that actually said "don&...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Red meat is killing you
March 13, 11:16am

The other side of the arguement
Some of the Paleo type blogs are weighing in. Honestly I need to brush up on my High School biology before I wade into their arguments but they are out there if you want to look them up. No I'...

March 13, 10:45am

Re Re Bias
To clear things up I said - "I'm pretty sure political considerations to cloud the judgement of the USDA at times BUT not always. Lots of people with unpopular theories say "the gov...

March 13, 10:04am

Bias
I'll admit I have a bias, I really skeptical of things like this. I was skeptical when the Paleo diet came up, I'm skeptical now of the "no red meat." I'm skeptical for ...

March 13, 8:56am

Whats really killing you
Water is killing us. 100% of those who drink water die.

March 12, 11:22pm

Why?
I'm just curious why use cuban hybrid? Is it better than other fabric choices? Are you really saving that much weight?

In GEAR » McHale dyed cuben packs.
March 12, 9:10am

Precious
Very cute. Glad you're taking her out. Good habit to start. Is this the same daughter that you took out a while back by that lake? I remember you did a trip report on that.

In Other Activities » TR: Father/Daughter Trail Run
March 11, 11:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.