BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1381 - 1390 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ...206

Forum » Thread

Q. for Nick
Nick what real diseases are US only or mostly US?

In Chaff » US only medical conditions
January 10, 12:56pm

Good for you
Glad it all worked out. Now that you have a good idea what your limits are you can plan feature trips around what works for you.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Backpacker - 30 miles?
January 10, 12:48pm

Floors
Never been to Philemont but heres an idea if you're in doubt. Buy the inner tents from someplace with a good return policy and keep them in the packaging. If the ranger lets you get away with...

In Philmont » Philmont Crew Tents
January 09, 6:21pm

Pictures
I'm not a professional photographer but if you want pictues I have lot if you'd like some.

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Lightweight Scouting Dissertation
January 09, 5:47pm

Looks very good
Looks very good. I liked your idea of mentioning trips by Jordan and Skurka and pointing out they were in scouts. Has it been approved yet or are you waiting to find out?

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Lightweight Scouting Dissertation
January 09, 11:15am

Maybe not the CT
I like the CT but I kinda doubt it will offer you anything you didn't get on the JMT or PCT unless you just want another thru-hike. How about splitting a trip equally between the Glacier/Bob M...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Three weeks + - where would you go?
January 08, 11:18am

Re 32
I feel better about it because he's out with a group. That ought to help with pacing etc. When I'm not trained up for it 15 miles is about the most thats fun but 18 is perfectly possilbe.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Backpacker - 30 miles?
January 08, 11:13am

Frame
I'm going to be using the U shaped frame from a GG. It was a Christmas present from my family since they knew I like MYOG projects.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Internal Frame Pack
January 08, 11:07am

I like your compression straps
I like the three compression straps. I always felt like just twon on either side wasn't enough. Looks good. Once I get the time and materials I'm going to be working some something broad...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Internal Frame Pack
January 07, 10:44pm

Re nice name
Cesar here's a name for your group how about "Lightpacking Latinos?" When it comes to XUL backpacking can I get a handicap since I need more sunscreen?

In Chaff » Blacks with Packs?
January 07, 10:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.