Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1371 - 1380 of 1979 | Page: 1 ...129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ...198

Forum » Thread

Re: Lightweight Testimony: Jim Sweeney's Enlightenment via Lead Weights, Helium Balloons, and Yachting
[tears of laughter running down my face] No way I can let my family see this article, they'll want to know where I found someone to write that article for me. I DID almost end up in the h...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Testimony: Jim Sweeney's Enlightenment via Lead Weights, Helium Balloons, and Yachting
January 14, 5:15am

Re: How do I bind closed cell foam?
Made some foam double boot liners from that with tricot glued to the inside and pu ripstop glued to the outside. Nice idea! Did you bond the fabric to the foam before or after assembly?

In Make Your Own Gear » How do I bind closed cell foam?
January 13, 4:25pm

Re: oven cooking bags
Anyone out there who's used Turkey bag cooking care to write a wiki article? And maybe add a Cooking category?

In Philmont » Backpacking Light @ Philmont
January 13, 11:55am

Re: How do I bind closed cell foam?
ditto Tad's suggesting of Barge cement. Our local hardware chain carries it (part of the Ace hardware "chain"). I've used it successfully on blue foam and a ridgerest pad. If...

In Make Your Own Gear » How do I bind closed cell foam?
January 13, 11:47am

Re: Roger, any links for "old black Singer sewing machine"?
Most of the home model "old black singers" were various versions of the model 15. Craigslist is a place to look. I know of one that could be bought (don't know the price yet). I ...

In Make Your Own Gear » PFAFF 330, Breaking needles ?
January 12, 6:26am

Re: "The new jam2 has landed"
Just noticed the new Jam2 is a 3100 L pack. That's over 109 cubic feet.....wow Just about big enough to carry 15lbs of uncompressed 800FP down ... now THAT's feature creep!

In GEAR » The new jam2 has landed
January 09, 7:09am

Re: a dang credit card.
yet another HYOH thing

In Gear Lists » Early Spring / Late Fall list
January 09, 7:06am

Re: Trend towards "sturdier", heavier gear
The durability thing is a real issue. When the GG G6 (or maybe G5?) was first released, the product description went WAY out if it's way to explain that a majority of the backpacking populatio...

In GEAR » Trend towards "sturdier", heavier gear
January 08, 1:44pm

Re: It didn't work for me...
The item stayed at the same sale price but no extra reduction... ditto here

In Gear Deals » REI 50% off .83
January 08, 11:08am

Re: A Passion Found, Lost, and Rediscovered
How fortunate we are to know someone with such a balanced point of view and the word skills to express it well. Thanks, Tony. This article will join Doug Prosser's when I strive to sell UL ...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Passion Found, Lost, and Rediscovered
January 07, 9:47am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am