Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1371 - 1380 of 2292 | Page: 1 ...129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ...230

Forum » Thread

Couple Ideas
Looks pretty good overall. Couple ideas.... 1. I don't see your cell phone. I'm assuming you'll want it at some point on the trip. I'd send the charger in a resupply box. Unl...

In Gear Lists » CT 2012. First "long" distance hike.
March 17, 5:50pm

Sierra Designs
Sierra Designs has a couple fairly light synthetic bags. Usually pretty reasonable prices too.

In GEAR » What's a good, compressable 3 season sleeping bag?
March 16, 10:09pm

Re Some Cairns
Roger according to my Boys Scout cousin there is a tradtion at Philemont. When a scout troop climbes Mt. Baldy (the highest mountain there) they each carry a rock to stack on top. They call it th...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cairns and LNT?
March 16, 6:50pm

Wild Rices
Okay so sarcasm aside I didn't realize what was taken out of White Rice. Personally I don't like the stuff unless its mixed with enough meat and vegatables. Wild rice on the other hand is...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » White rice is killing you
March 16, 6:12pm

Re Re White rice is killing you
So lets see... I can't eat red meat (or possibly any meat) I can't eat white rice I can't have diary I can't be a vegatarian I can't eat wheat I can't eat ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » White rice is killing you
March 16, 4:51pm

The Point of Cairns to begin with...
In my opinion the real point of cairns is to mark trails so lets discuss trails which aren't LNT either. 1. Trails are probably inevitable - Trails generally lead to popular spots like peak...

March 16, 11:47am

Re Snow or No Snow
Stephen has a good point. Its not just a matter of conviences. The more people are able to follow the real trail the less likely they are to beat scores of unofficial routes (not LNT). I don&#...

March 16, 10:58am

Water
Glad to help a bit Shawn. You seem like you have a solid understanding of your gear. Hope you have a good time. Cachotopa Hills is probably the longest dry stretch but don't remember the fin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trail Unsupported Gear List
March 14, 2:08pm

Re Comments
Good points. I believe the issue of bear spray running out was addressed in one of the old print versions of BPL. Ryan Jordan mentioned using the spray (I think it was Counter Assault) that laste...

In On the Web » Study: Guns not fool-proof against bear attack
March 14, 7:57am

Gear and Weather Thoughts
Shawn I was out on the trail from mid August to Early September. Here are a few thoughts. Over all it looks like a very solid list but here are a few thoughts. Shelter I'd be a bit nerv...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trail Unsupported Gear List
March 13, 10:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.