BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1371 - 1380 of 1992 | Page: 1 ...129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ...200

Forum » Thread

Lighter Options?
I'm not aware of any other packs like that which are lighter. The Dueter Fox 30 is a bit lighter but it doesn't have an actual frame and its smaller. If you want a frame I think the Ospre...

In GEAR » Kids BackPack recommendations
December 22, 3:56pm

Amazing
Great article Balls! Glad you have a new job and are ready for new adventures. You were fortunate that infection didn't get worse than it was. One of the boys I worked with got an infection o...

In Editor's Roundtable » O Canada!
December 20, 11:04pm

CT
I used a BPL quilt on the trail that according to some is good down to 15 degrees. I never got that cold but it was nice not having to worry about it. I don't think I ever woke up cold or had...

In GEAR » CT, WM sleeping bag dilemma
December 18, 12:41am

Tarps and Kids
How old is your son? Is he scared under a tarp or is he just skeptical that it will keep the bugs and elements off? I have mostly tarped last couple years for a couple of reasons. One is weigh...

In GEAR » Mostly tarps in the gear lists.
December 18, 12:29am

Plastic
I made one out of a peice of 3-4mil plastic. Instead of trying to tie cord to the corners what I did was put gorilla tape on the corners and on the tie out points. I only did it once because I ne...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quick and dirty tarp ideas. Who has them?!
December 17, 11:06pm

My lessons learned
Couple ideas 1. There has been some question about the waterproofness of silnylon lately. Some stuff just isn't great quality and could potentially allow some water to seap through in a real...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need MYOG 5x10 tarp advice
December 16, 10:04pm

Trip in Estas Park area Jan 6-8
There's a small chance I'll be in Estas Park January 6-8 but I have not budget for an expensive trip and I won't have a car. Any great ideas for a winter trip in non-technical terrain?...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Trip in Estas Park area Jan 6-8
December 16, 4:17pm

Tarps
Jace I have not done the PCT so take this for what its worth. If you do get a tarp I might get a bit bigger tarp than normal. I used a 5 x9 ft. tarp for a good while and really liked it. On the ...

In GEAR » PCT: Tent or Tarp
December 15, 7:03pm

Re Re We Need a Review
Thats great to hear Chris. Hope RJ gets over that flu before Christmas. I don't know of a lot of packs that can handle 45 pounds that weight less than 4 pounds. A pack that can do that while...

In GEAR » HMG Porter Pack
December 14, 4:14pm

We Need a Review of this Pack
Thanks David, maybe at some point I'll get a Porter. I really would like to see a review of this pack by BPL soon. A sub 2 pound pack with that load bearing ability and that much space is...

In GEAR » HMG Porter Pack
December 14, 11:03am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.