BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1371 - 1380 of 2060 | Page: 1 ...129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ...206

Forum » Thread

Some Ideas
Jason if you're on a budget Golite is currently having a big sale, but hurry I doubt it will last long. For someone in your position I would recommend their Pursuit pack instead of the Circuit...

In GEAR » Gear Primer for Newbies
January 13, 9:17pm

Re Re Porter
I for one would be very interested in the fabric. Not only how does it handle abrasion but how long will it last before the seams pull loose. After using some more fragile packs I consider Dyneem...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 12, 10:44pm

My Experience
When I went hiking on the Colorado Trail I started with a pair of La Sportiva X-Countries. These aren't really barefoot shoes but they have minimal heel to toe drop and they are pretty thin. ...

In GEAR » Any experiences with backpacking (multiday) in minimal shoes?
January 12, 7:01pm

Re rolling reviews and request for Chris
My thoughts exactly David. If I was looking to purchase a Porter I'd appreciate the review that is out so far. Its more useful than waiting till next fall after Chris and Ryan have used their...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 12, 6:48pm

Temperature Rating?
What kind of temperature rating are you looking at? Are you going to be doing all your camping in Texas will you be out west too?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Lightweight compressible sleeping bag for small boy scout
January 12, 3:56pm

Buffalo
I looked at a buffalo robe at the Bent's Old Fort historical site. I'd guess a good reason for not using it in coats would be its heavy and bulky. When I pulled up the side the leather pa...

In GEAR » warmest fur?
January 12, 3:53pm

Cheap Ideas
Women"s bags and short bags can sometimes be found on clearance since they seem to be the last thing left when a bag is discontinued. I got a cheap Golite quilt that way once. I'd shop a...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Lightweight compressible sleeping bag for small boy scout
January 12, 3:42pm

Weight
If I have a bear skin coat how does that work with the whole "skin out weight?" Do I just count the fur as skin out?

In GEAR » warmest fur?
January 11, 10:00pm

Vest or Coat - Coat
I'd lean towards a coat. Maybe its just me but I feel like my body has a harder time keeping me warm when I'm all tired out.

In GEAR » Vest or coat for JMT hike
January 11, 9:55pm

Another Option
Definately stay away from the G4. If you're going to get a HMG pack why not get the Porter? Same weight but more room so you can fit the bear canister inside if you need to.

In GEAR » First UL Pack - JMT/Sierra High Route Summer 2012 [GG vs HMG]
January 11, 5:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.