Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1371 - 1380 of 2277 | Page: 1 ...129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ...228

Forum » Thread

Re Re Bias
To clear things up I said - "I'm pretty sure political considerations to cloud the judgement of the USDA at times BUT not always. Lots of people with unpopular theories say "the gov...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Red meat is killing you
March 13, 10:04am

Bias
I'll admit I have a bias, I really skeptical of things like this. I was skeptical when the Paleo diet came up, I'm skeptical now of the "no red meat." I'm skeptical for ...

March 13, 8:56am

Whats really killing you
Water is killing us. 100% of those who drink water die.

March 12, 11:22pm

Why?
I'm just curious why use cuban hybrid? Is it better than other fabric choices? Are you really saving that much weight?

In GEAR » McHale dyed cuben packs.
March 12, 9:10am

Precious
Very cute. Glad you're taking her out. Good habit to start. Is this the same daughter that you took out a while back by that lake? I remember you did a trip report on that.

In Other Activities » TR: Father/Daughter Trail Run
March 11, 11:07pm

Inner Tent and stakes
Matt if you are interested in selling that inner PM me. I have the SL-1 but haven't had a chance to take it out yet. The stakes may be heavier but keep in mind they will have more holding p...

In GEAR » Tarptent Contrail vs Golite Shangri-La 1
March 11, 11:02pm

Re WTB Bear Spray
Shipping bear spray is a problem. I did it once: ground rate UPS with a "hazardous" label. I only bothered because I was shipping a bunch of other stuff anyway. I hate to be a wet bl...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Bear Spray
March 11, 10:02pm

Check this out
Christian I bought a Peak when they were on sale but I returned it, here's why. Overall I liked the pack but the hipbelt was horrible. It just did not fit well at all. The hipbelts on the ne...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Golite Peak Medium
March 11, 6:00pm

Re Backpack Help
Zack before you go buying a pack you need to figure out what you'll be caring. People on this forum tend to use fairly small packs because their other gear is light and compact. If you're...

In Philmont » Backpack Help
March 10, 8:25am

Re reference
Its just too fuzzy. Maybe a kid from another culture will think "water bottle" means a five gallon jerry jug. Its not fair to penalize kids for not know totally irrelevent information.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight is hurting my son's grades
March 09, 4:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.