BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1371 - 1380 of 2002 | Page: 1 ...129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ...201

Forum » Thread

Thanks Dave
Thanks Dave. I agree the hipbelt is crucial. I looked at the hipbelt on my Absaroka pack and noticed something new. The hipbelt actually fits around the bottom of the stay (similar to the pack p...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help Me Design the Ultimate Pack
December 30, 7:37pm

Re Stagnation
If we say the market has "stagnated" that implies that it should be "going" somewhere. My question is where should it go? What would qualify as improvement? I don't think...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
December 28, 11:46am

Awesome
Congrats Addie!

In Editor's Roundtable » 2011 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 28, 8:37am

Point of Stagnation
Very good article. I agree there hasn't been a lot of innovation. Here's what I'd like to see. 1. Lightweight gear thats more functional. I don't really see the point of goin...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
December 27, 8:17pm

Cool Idea
Thanks Konrad. The hipbelt/lumber pad layout of you pack is about what I was thinking of. I had thought about putting the frame sleaes on in a similar way but on the inside. Now that I look at ...

December 27, 8:33am

Re Konrad
Konrad I'm using an inverted U shaped Gossamer Gear stay. My plan is to have the two sides of the hipbelt attached on either side of the stay or stays. The other pad will be a lumber pad (jus...

December 27, 7:51am

Pictures
Any pictures of that Art?

December 26, 7:20pm

Help Me Design the Ultimate Pack
Okay my Christmas present this year was a yard of Dyneema gridstop fabric, 2 ft. of 3D mesh and an alumaninum pack stay from Gossamer Gear. My challenge is to design the perfect UL pack from these...

December 26, 6:30pm

Little Light Gear
Little Light Gear seems to be out of business, their website is down. Sarah is right in that most kids are probably better with the support of a frame. I've had frameless packs work but its n...

In GEAR » Kids BackPack recommendations
December 25, 11:59pm

Re Kids UL Packs
One possiblity would be just a large bookbag to carry a sleeping bag in. That should be light enough she won't need a facy pack and you can haul the rest. If she likes backpacking you can upgr...

In GEAR » Kids BackPack recommendations
December 25, 3:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.