BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Guest

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1361 - 1370 of 1808 | Page: 1 ...128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ...181

Forum » Thread

Re: Tarptents on Sale
Used floored models show up for sale here from time to time.

In Gear Deals » Tarptents on Sale
April 22, 9:05am

Re: Backpack - when is light too light?
Sven, I tend to look at it from a slightly different angle, starting with "what's the objective?" I'm sure the Adventure Racing or JMT thru hike record crowd will find that ...

In GEAR » Backpack - when is light too light?
April 21, 12:08pm

Re: 2 Person Tarp Sizes
Welcome to the MYOG zone, but be aware that it is a slippery slope, he-he. Ditto what Joe Reeves said, plus keep in mind that since you made the tarp, you know that you'll be capable of redu...

In Make Your Own Gear » 2 Person Tarp Sizes
April 21, 2:32am

Re: 36" about right?
Stephen, Do you think Kelty Triptease would work with MLD Linelocs? Henry Shires uses Triptease with linelocs on his shelters and it works very well.

In GEAR » Best way to do tarp guylines...
April 17, 4:39am

Re: heres the deal
Alex, What's the coldest and warmest temp range you expect to encounter? What are you doing for insulation under you when hammocking? how big and how heavy is the current bag?

In GEAR » mummy sleeping bag...center zip?
April 14, 10:21am

Re: Where to buy wide width silnylon?
Anybody know where I can buy 1.1 silnylon in a 70-72" width? I thought saw this for sale sometime ago. I'm pretty sure that was David Olsen at OWARE. I don't see it listed there now.

In Make Your Own Gear » Where to buy wide width silnylon?
April 11, 4:21pm

Re: WTB: Large Polycryo Ground Cloth
If you don't find one, two mediums joined with two sided tape might work?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Large Polycryo Ground Cloth
April 10, 8:05am

Re: Light Summer sleeping bag
Guy, This reminds me that I have a light wt fleece sleeping bag liner that was almost but quite warm enough for 8-10C along the MN Ontario border that I'd be willing to sell at a low price. ...

In GEAR » Light Summer sleeping bag
April 10, 5:34am

Re: "Backpacking weddings/engagement..."
I've long felt that low grade whitewater canoing (class I-II) was a stronger contender for the title of The Ultimate Relationship Test. It worked for us.

In Chaff » Backpacking weddings/engagement?
April 09, 2:22pm

Re: Suitability of Single Wall Shelter or Tarp
re question 2: David Olsen's photo in THIS THREAD shows a pitch that might meet your needs.

In GEAR » Suitability of Single Wall Shelter or Tarp
April 09, 2:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am