Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1361 - 1370 of 1989 | Page: 1 ...128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ...199

Forum » Thread

Re: Cloudburst 2
If interior space is high on your list, consider Henry's Rainshadow 2. It's in the same weight class as the cloudburst and DR

In GEAR » Shelter predicament
February 16, 11:54am

Re: Lightest freestanding tent ????
Mike, I'm convinced that the reality of the "free standing tent" is that it CAN stand on its own, not that it necessarily WILL. As pointed out by others, there will come a time wh...

In GEAR » Lightest freestanding tent ????
February 15, 4:04pm

Re: Tyvek Backpack
I've never made ANY gear before. I don't know if it's the economy or curiousity, but I've been thinking about making some of my own gear lately (a quilt and a pack). I think it'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek Backpack
February 15, 7:15am

Re: Adventure
Presumably he said that before vanishing into the polar wilderness. Amundsen disappeared in 1928 while using an airplane on a SAR mission. It is somewhat ironic that he was lost in that way a...

In Philosophy & Technique » Adventure
February 12, 8:08am

Re: WTB: Bush Buddy wood stove
with the currency exchange rates like they are right now it's not so painful buying directly from Fritz 95.00 CAD = 77.6013 USD this morning

In Gear Swap » WTB: Bush Buddy wood stove
February 10, 9:10am

Re: Need a pack for my GF.
zpacks has two packs under your price point that are larger than the ion but not too large prolitegear.com has the GG Virga available in a short size on sale for $87 ... although that's twic...

In GEAR » Need a pack for my GF.
February 10, 5:31am

Re: Kindle
clck here for the best kindle review yet

In GEAR » Kindle 2.0 is out...almost
February 10, 5:05am

Re: Hitches
You would also have to leave your guylines on the tarp all the time. I always end up with a tangled mess when doing this. It's easy to make the same setup detachable using mini-biners or #1 ...

In GEAR » Tarps!
February 09, 3:48pm

Re: Adventure
I prefer Roald Amundsen's point of view. I'd always heard that he said "Incompetent explorers have adventures. I have experiences" But all I can find online right now is...

In Philosophy & Technique » Adventure
February 09, 3:32pm

Re: Tarps!
Here is a Link to a combo of knots allowing guyline adjustment at the tarp end.

In GEAR » Tarps!
February 09, 12:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am