Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1361 - 1370 of 1891 | Page: 1 ...128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ...190

Forum » Thread

Re: waterproofing
Victoria, Check with Dry Cleaning shops for wash-in wax products used to restore water repellance in canvas trench coats. But if you really want to pack water tight, check your library for a ...

In GEAR » waterproofing
September 17, 11:04am

Re: One comments
Owing to the low-stretch, low-sag qualities of spinnaker, and to the tent's taut pitch, lifters are absolutely not needed. This side sleeping 72" tall hiker found the One's head and...

In GEAR » GG One - What's wrong?
September 16, 12:17pm

Re: Y'all are insanely creatve
I sometimes wonder if this is actually a group of ex-cons that learned how to make the most out of what was available in a 6' x 8' jail cell. 6' x 8' cell? No self respecting ul...

In Multiple Use Gear » Y'all are insanely creatve
September 16, 7:24am

Re: VB Layers
Ryan Jordan also experimented with VB on his SUL winter challenge. He got too hot and it didn't work out for him. ... I think it didn't work out for him because the clothing he took wasn&#...

In Multiple Use Gear » Sil-nylon stuff sacks as VB socks?
September 11, 7:49am

Re: FS: 1/4" GG Thinlight pads
I'd like to buy one. I've sent you a paypal ID via PM The other pad is still available.

In Gear Swap » FS: 1/4" GG Thinlight pads
September 10, 11:34am

Sub 15 lbs Gear List
I suggestion if you buy Brett's Squall 2 and need to purchase a pole ... .344" diameter x .019" wall thickness Easton 7075 pole stock is typically used with UL shelters. It is th...

In Gear Lists » Sub 15 lbs Gear List
September 09, 9:01pm

SOLD
both pads are sold and shipped GG is selling their 1/4" ThinLight pads in 41x61 size only. I've cut one into three 20x41 sized pads but only want one so the other two are for sale. Th...

In Gear Swap » FS: 1/4" GG Thinlight pads
September 06, 6:13am

Re: Backpacking Light DIAD Pad
Quantitatively speaking, based on specs published at BPL and GG plus measurements on a 1/4" GG Thinlight I have: DIAD's plastazote density is 0.012 ounces/cubic inch DIAD's plastaz...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light DIAD Pad
September 04, 7:41pm

Re: WTB Polycryo groundsheets - Help please
It has been said somewhere else on BPL (the US site) that 3M Interior Window Insulation is polycryo. That is the thin clear film that attaches to the interior window trim using double sided tape a...

In Gear Swap » WTB Polycryo groundsheets - Help please
September 02, 12:33pm

Re: Winter/Expedition Sleeping System
Roger said Remember the sad experience of the Polar explorers in the early days. They used to end up with totally frozen reindeer hide sleeping bags, from their body moisture. Indeed, even as ea...

In GEAR » Winter/Expedition Sleeping System
August 22, 1:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am