Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
CountryUnited States
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1361 - 1370 of 2294 | Page: 1 ...128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ...230

Forum » Thread

I've been there!
Hey thats one of my favorite stomping grounds, I love Grayson Highlands. Lots of those pictures look familiar and bring back good memories. When my brother was little I always wondered what would...

In Post-Trip Reports » Saving Sophie and a trip gone badly
March 23, 7:23pm

Lost Creek Wilderness and other areas
Lost Creek Wilderness has some lower elevation areas on the eastern side. Aprial is still pretty early though. If there is snow here are a couple tips. 1. The trail will vanish at some point....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Spring backpacking in Colorado
March 23, 6:55pm

I like it
Very nice article. I like how you captured the moods of hiking a trail and the emotions of starting out and ending a trip. Good stuff.

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter's Tone
March 20, 9:27pm

Check this out Ty
Sorry I've missed so much of a very interesting debate, had to do other things. Ty Ty the 16/84 math seems to be the most important question so I'll give you my take on it and than recom...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
March 20, 8:57pm

Lets go back to first principals and go from there
Ty that’s a very good question, and one I’ve wrested with. I’m giving you my best shot at an honest answer but I’ll admit I’m not the expert. I know you’re coming at this from a part...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
March 19, 9:26pm

Guns. Global Warming, LNT, Envirnmentalism, Class Warfare, Hunting, Yuppies General Politics, Toilet Paper, Nutrition
What about nuclear power, national debt, health care, nuclear weapons?

In Chaff » Guns, Global Warming, LNT, Environmentalism, Class Warfare, Hunting, Yuppies, General Politics, Toilet Paper, Nutrition...
March 19, 6:55pm

So far so good
So problem for me. Andrew Skurka and many other long distance hikers have used such bottles with AM with good success. Probably you wear a leak in the bottle before the chemicals damage it (if th...

In GEAR » Chlorine Dioxide in Platypus Soft Bottle
March 17, 8:54pm

Re Any Mention of Bivy Bags?
He likes to use water resistant (but not WP/B) bivies under his tarps. He does not care for stand alone WP/B bivies (too muggy, not comfortable in rainy weather etc). Come to think of it I dont&#...

In Editor's Roundtable » Andrew Skurka's The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide: Book Review
March 17, 8:50pm

Water again
Timing would be something to consider. There wasn't a lot of water this past year and this looks like it will be drier due to the snowpack. If you go late you may have a lot of dry creeks. O...

In Gear Lists » CT 2012. First "long" distance hike.
March 17, 8:47pm

Re Re Water Drops
I used a poncho tarp for a while. It won't keep you as dry as a rainsuit in rain and its smallish as a shelter, you really need a bivy underneath it so factor that in as a cost. I'd per...

In Gear Lists » CT 2012. First "long" distance hike.
March 17, 8:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.