Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1361 - 1370 of 2126 | Page: 1 ...128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ...213

Forum » Thread

Awesome Quilt
By the way thats an awesome project you did there! I tried this once with a 2 pound 40 degree bag. It went down to about 19 oz but the demensions were wrong. I shortened it a bit and it just did...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sleeping Bag to quilt
February 02, 7:02pm

Re Question
Thats actually a good question. I think there are two advantages of quilts. First they're lighter than a comparable mummy bag. Now of course there are some limitations that come with thi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sleeping Bag to quilt
February 02, 6:57pm

Re New Andrew Skurka Book
Oh you caught me Matthew. Not sure how much I'm supposed to say on such issues. Once BPL gets the document its up to them when they publish it but close to or prior to the official release of...

In Chaff » New Andrew Skurka Book : Feb 21 Release
February 02, 6:22pm

Elevation
I would strongly suggest camping under 9000 feet for a while. With a group that size theres a good chance someone will feel the elevation at some point if you go too fast. A basecamp at 8000 or s...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » CA destinations
February 02, 6:08pm

Re Re New Andrew Skurka Book: Feb 21 Release
From what I've seen of the rough draft version it should be a very good book. I'm definately going to be changing a couple things about the way I backpack in the feature based on his ideas.

In Chaff » New Andrew Skurka Book : Feb 21 Release
February 02, 5:37pm

Re Bugss
I never had any bug issues but remember I was hiking in September so it might be different for you. I never had issues on other summer trips but usually I've been on the front range where it...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trail.
February 01, 8:56pm

My secret spots
I have a few spots I like that are off the beaten path but nothing so secret that some research and map reading couldn't dig it up. Share if you want but I don't think its "selfish.&q...

In Philosophy & Technique » selfish - a secret place
February 01, 5:22pm

MYOG
Well all this has me thinking about the strength of my MYOG tarps. Now that I now more about sewing and what goes into a good tarp I doubt they're going to hold as well as they could. I think...

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
January 31, 7:17pm

Great
This is going to be awesome! I LOOVE these articles. And they're doing packs and trekking poles next? I can't wait!

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
January 31, 6:13pm

Molas Pass Parking
Actually I'm not sure about leaving a car at Molas Pass. One trailhead I think says no overnight parkign but there are several parking areas near the Colorado Trail and a campground. I imagin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Anyone gone from Lake City to Ouray, CO?
January 30, 9:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.