Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1361 - 1370 of 2292 | Page: 1 ...128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ...230

Forum » Thread

I like it
Very nice article. I like how you captured the moods of hiking a trail and the emotions of starting out and ending a trip. Good stuff.

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter's Tone
March 20, 9:27pm

Check this out Ty
Sorry I've missed so much of a very interesting debate, had to do other things. Ty Ty the 16/84 math seems to be the most important question so I'll give you my take on it and than recom...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
March 20, 8:57pm

Lets go back to first principals and go from there
Ty that’s a very good question, and one I’ve wrested with. I’m giving you my best shot at an honest answer but I’ll admit I’m not the expert. I know you’re coming at this from a part...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
March 19, 9:26pm

Guns. Global Warming, LNT, Envirnmentalism, Class Warfare, Hunting, Yuppies General Politics, Toilet Paper, Nutrition
What about nuclear power, national debt, health care, nuclear weapons?

In Chaff » Guns, Global Warming, LNT, Environmentalism, Class Warfare, Hunting, Yuppies, General Politics, Toilet Paper, Nutrition...
March 19, 6:55pm

So far so good
So problem for me. Andrew Skurka and many other long distance hikers have used such bottles with AM with good success. Probably you wear a leak in the bottle before the chemicals damage it (if th...

In GEAR » Chlorine Dioxide in Platypus Soft Bottle
March 17, 8:54pm

Re Any Mention of Bivy Bags?
He likes to use water resistant (but not WP/B) bivies under his tarps. He does not care for stand alone WP/B bivies (too muggy, not comfortable in rainy weather etc). Come to think of it I dont&#...

In Editor's Roundtable » Andrew Skurka's The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide: Book Review
March 17, 8:50pm

Water again
Timing would be something to consider. There wasn't a lot of water this past year and this looks like it will be drier due to the snowpack. If you go late you may have a lot of dry creeks. O...

In Gear Lists » CT 2012. First "long" distance hike.
March 17, 8:47pm

Re Re Water Drops
I used a poncho tarp for a while. It won't keep you as dry as a rainsuit in rain and its smallish as a shelter, you really need a bivy underneath it so factor that in as a cost. I'd per...

March 17, 8:41pm

Water Drops
Oh come to think of it... I ran out of Aqua Mira near Lake City. If you use AQ I'd put some in a resupply. Or if you want to be cheap some Iodine tablets. You could probably drink a lot of...

March 17, 8:02pm

Driducks
I haven't personally used driducks so I can't comment on their breathability. Since you're in Colorado you might be able to pick up a light wind shirt fairly cheap at a thrifts store. ...

March 17, 7:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.