BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1361 - 1370 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ...211

Forum » Thread

Re Thanks
If you dig up the State of the Market Report on frameless packs they discuss the Jam and Peak along with other packs in some detail. I think the verdict on the Jam was that it collapsed much quick...

In Gear Lists » My 2013 Colorado Trail Thru-Hike
January 28, 9:53pm

Most Definately
Most definately Paul. I would be happy to help out. Posting a gear list would be a great idea. If you don't have something just make a not of it and list what you are thinking about gettin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trail.
January 28, 9:48pm

what I'd do
I'd get a McHale Pack with customized bayonet stays to fold down small enough to fit on a plane and some kind of cover for the pack so the straps wouldn't snag if I had to send it as checke...

In GEAR » If you could only have one backpack......
January 28, 3:22pm

Great job
Good job but I should warn you. MYOG is VERY addictive. Watch out or next thing you know you'll have a whole closet full of stuff you've made. I gotta admit its a fun addiction though (w...

In Make Your Own Gear » First pack pictures
January 28, 1:35pm

Pack
Rick here are a few thoughts 1. You will want to stiffen up your pack with a sleeping pad, ideally a foam one. A neo-air probably won't cut it and even if it did work I'd worry about th...

January 28, 8:04am

Re AT
I would NOT choose the AT if you could get out west. From the pictures I've seen of Australia I don't think the AT is going to be higher or more scenic than than Australian mountains. I&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best one week hike in lower 48
January 25, 8:50pm

Packs
I can't get your gear list to load. Once its up I'd love to help out. There are some long stretches between resupplies and some long dry stretches so even with a small baseweight your pac...

January 25, 8:39pm

Re Re Yeah
Nicholas I have no problem with guns but they are a big responsiblity. If you want to get one fine. Just know what you're getting into. I know a guy who went out, bought a .357 after never s...

In GEAR » UL Bear Protection
January 25, 3:59pm

wrists
"Yes, he was. I was just hoping he'd get a sprained wrist instead of a broken one. :-" I shot some big ones, to see what the fuss was about. The biggest I ever shot was a .454 mag...

In GEAR » UL Bear Protection
January 25, 3:42pm

Shoulder straps
Since its a frameless pack it will probably sag a bit under a load so I wouldn't change the position of the shoulder straps just yet. Looks very nice. If thats your first MOGY pack I'd s...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1st Sewing Project Ever: MYOG Mariposa' ish Backpack - Photos and lessons learned
January 24, 8:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.