Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1361 - 1370 of 2140 | Page: 1 ...128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ...214

Forum » Thread

Put me second in line for a nest if one is available
Put me second in line for a nest if one is available.

In Gear Swap » FS: Cuben Cub Den, GoLite SL-1 Nests, pack cover, Mantis netting
February 05, 7:01pm

Short pad
My grandfather was adament that a short pad was uncomfortable. The short pad he tried was about 1.5 inches thick. I've used short foam pad a lot so I don't notice the drop off. I have us...

In GEAR » Sleeping pad....need ideas....
February 05, 5:32pm

I actually read that 1982 article, I think someone posted a pdf of it. It was interesting. I believe the author and a friend got their packs down to about 8 pounds baseweight. The packs could ha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight: State of the Revolution
February 05, 5:27pm

Tell me more
If you still have it what is different about a Super Burn? I have a regular Burn but there are a few things I'd change. Maybe a Super Burn would fit the bill.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Super Burn
February 05, 3:32pm

Bivies and temp ratings
I've found a bivy sack really increased the warmth of my quilt. If yours is more generiously sized it might not be a big a deal but I think it helps. If you can make a quilt a simple bivy sho...

In Make Your Own Gear » I made a synthetic quilt (1st sewing project ever)
February 04, 10:10pm

One idea
If you already have both shelters one idea would be to put the tent in a bounce box to Breckenridge. It will take you about 5 days to get there at the pace you mentioned earlier. It relatively dr...

In GEAR » Bugs, July, Colorado Trail.
February 04, 5:42pm

Cheap Gear
There is a lot of cheap stuff if you shop around. I have a Merrino wool sweather my mom fount for $6 at an outlet. It was being marketed as a causel sweater not an outdoor one but I don't...

In GEAR » Inexpensive Alternatives
February 04, 3:25pm

Hat
PM sent on hat.

In Gear Swap » FS: Native Sunglasses, Patagonia El Ray LS shirt, Mountain Hardware Compressor Beanie
February 04, 1:49pm

Dog Booties Idea
I met a couple hiking the Colorado Trail with their dog. They had problems because over time the booties would chaff their dog's ankles at the top of the booty. They'd tried everything an...

In Gear Lists » Going Backpacking for 2 years with my brother and my dog.
February 04, 12:10am

Insulation
"Or would I want something more windproof for the Sierras" If you mean a windproof fleece I would NOT buy that. You can get the same thing by layering a light windshirt or raincoat ov...

In Gear Lists » 2012 PCT list
February 03, 11:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.