BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1361 - 1370 of 2097 | Page: 1 ...128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ...210

Forum » Thread

Cuban vs. Sil
I can't wait till that article comes out. One of my favorite parts about BPL are the technical articles.

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
January 24, 7:58pm

Re small tarps and bad weather
Yeah I agree Ryan, I noticed two things when I went back to a bigger tarp. 1. I didn't have to position my tarp perfectly. With my small tarp I have to make sure I'm not sleeping on a ...

January 24, 7:36pm

Bad Weather
"Its 17-ounce (482-g) weight precludes its use as a solo shelter for hikers that spend more time on virtual hikes than real walks in bad weather" I like my tiny little tarp but if I...

January 24, 7:12pm

Re Re To Heavy
The light materials mean more kick and a shorter lifespan for the gun (although you probably wont' shoot it enough to matter unless you're hardcore). With .38s its a much better home secur...

In GEAR » UL Bear Protection
January 23, 10:26pm

Re Glacier Park circa 1933
Facinating find David. Unfortunately my Montana atles is not here so I can only compare so much but with your comments I can see a bit more of whats changed. Interesting that road just dissapeare...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Glacier National Park, circa 1933
January 23, 10:11pm

Cuban?
What kind of cuban fiber is it made of?

In Gear Swap » FS MLD Revelation Pack
January 23, 3:58pm

Re Re Golite Peak
Even if it isn't the lightest option out there the Peak does a lot of little things right. For example I like the compression system. Even if my gear fits in fairly snug I want a compression ...

In GEAR » New Golite Peak
January 22, 6:02pm

Why not?
My thought is "why not" yes you can get lighters but its still light. Its small enough to make a nice day pack too. No I haven't used the Peak because I already have similar packs...

In GEAR » New Golite Peak
January 22, 5:23pm

Re Re Bibliography
I think the book will be good. From what I've seen of Andy Skurka's gear lists I don't think there will be anything shockingly new, just good common sense UL stuff. It appears to be w...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Lightweight Scouting Dissertation
January 22, 4:55pm

Like Your Bibliography
Michael I looked over it again and I really like the way its come together. Very good work. Its something I would give to someone who was new to UL backpacking whether they were scouters or not. ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Lightweight Scouting Dissertation
January 22, 3:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.