BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1361 - 1370 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ...208

Forum » Thread

Re tribute
No I won't end up hating you Dan. Edit - I'm cutting out some of my comments just because I don't feel like I'm helping and I don't feel like this question is something I s...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 18, 9:54pm

Re immitation
NM

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 18, 9:17pm

Bivy Sacks
Well I never heard of active sleepers destrying a bivy sack! Guess you can always learn something new. My 6.5 oz Equinox bivy is still going strong. To be fair I think its made of a bit heavier ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Prospects for 2012: New and Noteworthy Gear
January 18, 9:06pm

Re Don Merideth
NM

January 18, 8:51pm

Altitude
"commercial airline cabin pressure is regulated to 8000 feet ASL. If you don't have problems existing on an airplane going cross country then 10k or higher certainly won't be a problem...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best one week hike in lower 48
January 18, 3:36pm

Re Re Shoulder Straps
Chris I agree 100%, that its better to error on the side of less weight on the shoulders than too much. It looks like the pack is up right (i.e. its not falling over backwards) so probably no prob...

In GEAR » 10-year-old Boy Scout - New Gear Pictures
January 18, 3:30pm

Colorado
Some mountains in Colorado do look a big like big hills, still nice but I get that glacier carved peaks are more fun to look at. There are places in Colorado where I think the scenery is as good a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best one week hike in lower 48
January 18, 3:24pm

Load lifters
Mark wrote "Maybe its just the picks but it sure looks like the shoulder pads are riding a little high even with the load lifters pulled." Maybe I'm confused you seem to imply t...

January 18, 3:16pm

Awesome
Looks good Mark. I like the look of that pack, looks to me like it fits but theres a bit of growing room too. He sure looks excited! He won't forget time with Dad, way to go! Hey where ...

January 17, 8:03pm

Nice Overview
Nice overview Ryan. I like the thoughts on gear. Seems that in the past BPL would basically just publish the gear and its advertized stats without a lot of commentary. Thats really not much ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Prospects for 2012: New and Noteworthy Gear
January 17, 7:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.