BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1361 - 1370 of 2082 | Page: 1 ...128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ...209

Forum » Thread

Re Enough
LOL - Does GGG stand for something like "Goofy Garb Gathering"?

In Chaff » How has the change been?
January 21, 10:45am

Boil Time
The boiling point is lower at an altitude so food may not cook as well, especially with "boil in a bag" techniques. Plenty of people do it but I'd suggest getting some input on food ...

In Philmont » Stoves at Philmont
January 20, 9:39pm

Re sewing advice
You don't want to try sewing with the really light fabrics like 1.1 oz nylon. They are slippery and harder to work with. I'd suggest starting with something like X pack. Should be stiffe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Childs BackPack project
January 20, 6:16pm

I have something else that might work
Sounds like something I'd love to help with, just one problem I don'thave a TT Contrail to sell. I do have a 1.5 man MYOG tarptent that a friend of mine gave me. If nothing else works out...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Tarptent Contrail for a Boy Scout
January 20, 6:12pm

LOL
And I thought cuban tarps were pricy, awesome!

In Gear Deals » A deal for laughs >
January 19, 7:40pm

Re Re Re Question
My concern with buying gear would be that BPL would get cheap and limit the scope of reviews. There are certain controversies I'm not touching at the moment but I think MOST of the time BP...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 19, 6:49pm

Note for Dan
NM

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 18, 10:31pm

Re tribute
No I won't end up hating you Dan. Edit - I'm cutting out some of my comments just because I don't feel like I'm helping and I don't feel like this question is something I s...

January 18, 9:54pm

Re immitation
NM

January 18, 9:17pm

Bivy Sacks
Well I never heard of active sleepers destrying a bivy sack! Guess you can always learn something new. My 6.5 oz Equinox bivy is still going strong. To be fair I think its made of a bit heavier ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Prospects for 2012: New and Noteworthy Gear
January 18, 9:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.