Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Thom Darrah (thomdarrah) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Oregon
About Me Owner of TrailLite Designs; Developing unique gear for the ultra light adventurer.
CityKlamath Falls
StateOR
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.traillitedesigns.com
My PDF Gear ListUL Gear (Summer)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Thom Darrah

Showing 1351 - 1360 of 1377 | Page: 1 ...119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138

Forum » Thread

tyvek ground cover / bivy
I have selected one tester, Casey, and will pick the final two soon, are there any females interested in testing a prototype? The prototype shown, by Casey, did not have the hood completed, I may a...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG: tyvek ground cover / bivy combo
March 11, 8:51am

FYI: 2007 Montrail Hardrocks
If you like the 2007 Montrail Hardrock trail shoe Altrec.com has a good selection on sale for just under $52.00. The 2008 model has changed slightly but is closer to $100.00. This sale at Altrec is...

In GEAR » FYI: 2007 Montrail Hardrocks
March 10, 4:54pm

Tyvek ground cover / bivy combo
My latest prototype shown by Casey (see above) had an upper girth of 74" tapering to 56" at the foot. I will likly taper to something closer 52" at the foot in my test models. The bi...

March 10, 4:20pm

tyvek ground cover / bivy testers
I will be making three tyvek ground cover / bivy combos (aka: cocoon)for testing. I will provide the bivy free, icluding shipping, in return I would want the testers to agree to post pictures and c...

March 10, 4:04pm

tyvek ground cover / bivy
Casey, Thanks for posting the pictures. The bivy pictured does have a taper, from head to foot, but it could be more pronounced. I will post measurements used soon. DuPont states that moisture vap...

March 10, 12:09pm

Tyvek ground cover / bivy - weight
The tyvek bivy weighed in at just under 11 oz completed. I have a picture of the scale while weighing the bivy that I can email with my fabrication pictures. This weight included an extended head a...

March 10, 9:55am

MYOG: tyvekground cover / bivy combo
I completed the tyvek bivy project this weekend and I feel pleased with the result. I will have pictures and a finished weight ready later today that I can email to anyone with interest. Send me a ...

March 10, 9:00am

MYOG: tyvek ground cover / bivy combo
I completed my secound tyvek ground cover / bivy this weekend. My basic concept is a tyvek ground cover with an attached tyvek cover to form a basic bivy. I will post the finished weight after havi...

March 09, 12:22pm

epic windshirt
WildThings makes very nice gear and I know you would be pleased with the quality of their epic windshirts. Epic fabric has its limitations, as do all fabrics, but having said that it performs well ...

In GEAR » Looking for a light, quiet, hooded softshell / windshirt
March 06, 12:52pm

"ground cover / bivy'
I know that my project will not result in the lightest set up but may reduce the number of items carried. I typicly have carried the Tyvek ground sheet, a bivy and my tarp. So if I can make this (g...

In GEAR » ground cover / bivy
March 06, 12:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Thom Darrah

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montrail Streak
The new Montrail Streak is a very nice shoe for mixed terrain running. I ran a five mile loop with the shoes right out of the box, with no break in period, and the shoe performed great. No hot spots o...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
April 18, 6:27pm