BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1351 - 1360 of 1573 | Page: 1 ...127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ...158

Forum » Thread

Re: "Afternoon Canyon Snowstorm"
Your missing your calling... you should turn professional photographer.

In Photo Gallery » "Afternoon Canyon Snowstorm"
January 22, 10:04pm

Re: What is the clo/tog of one and N layers of bubblewrap
Bubble wrap is a trademark of Sealed Air Corporation and is used primarily for packaging. It is made out of polyethylene with air bubble size options up to ½ inch. The air bubbles provide effec...

In Make Your Own Gear » What is the clo/tog of one and N layers of bubblewrap
January 22, 3:38pm

Re: Idea's for lowerbody warmth?
The head and neck break the normal rules of body shell thermoregulation because the brain needs a constant supply of blood. The blood vessels on the rest of your body shell dilate in warm weather a...

In GEAR » Idea's for lowerbody warmth?
January 21, 1:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Food intake for 20 hour days
Aaron-What is your pack weight minus the consumables?

In GEAR » Food intake for 20 hour days
January 20, 11:04am

Re: Food intake for 20 hour days
AAron-What is your BMR, VO2max, and %of VO2max that you anticipate averaging?

In GEAR » Food intake for 20 hour days
January 20, 12:29am

Re: Re: Determining ideal R-value for pads
Mike, R=(DT*A)/Q Q and A are constants because I am using my body and the same bag for all tests. The only variables are R and DT. So by measuring DT, I can calculate R. I used the Thermar...

In GEAR » Determining ideal R-value for pads
January 16, 3:08pm

Re: Determining ideal R-value for pads
Ben-This should be easier to understand. A simplistic way to determine a reasonable pad to use is to use the "Sleeping Pads Used with the Speer SPE line" temperature rating. The accurate ...

January 16, 1:31pm

Ben-Reference my 1/11/07 post at http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/5625/index.html?skip_to_post=40672#40672 Multiply the clo value, at the top of my char...

January 16, 12:56pm

Mike, For the heat source, I interval measured (computer based system) the temperature on my back, 18" down from my neck. For the heat sink, I interval measured the temperature on the botto...

January 16, 11:53am

Re: Determining ideal R-value for pads
I also started out saying "Hmmm, indeed" but, came away a believer. The Torsolite uses the same construction as the POE Maxlite. I tested the R value of the '05 version of the POE ...

January 16, 10:03am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm