Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeffs Eleven (WoodenWizard) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Greater Mt Tabor
About Me I'm not a hiker, but I play one on TV.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 1351 - 1360 of 1517 | Page: 1 ...127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ...152

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Rainier light?- Boot advice needed @Jeff
Thanks, Tom I guess I just get confused because these are mountain boots. Just mid cut ones. I figure that they would be the best of both worlds: some ankle protection, with some freedom of move...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Rainier light?
March 19, 9:14pm

Re: High Speed Backpacking - why
Just guessing, but I would bet that most (but not all) folks here don't necessarily hike all that fast. Maybe many hours, but probably a 3 or 4 mph pace. I think a lot of the 'Fast an...

In Philosophy & Technique » High Speed Backpacking - why
March 19, 6:55pm

Rainier light?- Boot advice needed
Hello. My name is Jeff... and I am an alpine noob. I want to summit Rainier up the DC route sometime during the summer (2011). I want to wear the Garmont Vetta Lite. http://www.garmontusa.c...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Rainier light?
March 19, 6:39pm

Re: REI's dividends are online
Didn't they carry Montbell a while ago? I got a Climbalight (sp?) vest from the Seattle store in 2002. At least I think that's where it came from- Maybe I'm freaking out...

In Gear Deals » REI's dividends are online
March 19, 8:57am

Re: Re: Switching to trailrunners - maybe
Innov8 users: is there sufficient underfoot protection? The few I've held seemed like it would be death on rough trail, so I never tried them. Are they good just because of the infinitesi...

In GEAR » Switching to trailrunners - maybe
March 17, 12:01pm

Re: Shoes
If you switch, strengthen your ankles before the trip, or you may twist your ankle. If you normally have taller boots on, your ankles haven't done much work, and will be weaker. Also, bewar...

In GEAR » Switching to trailrunners - maybe
March 17, 9:15am

Re: Re: Profanity filter
People pay top dollar for that, too. Maybe I should sell mine. I typed a fart joke, but I digress... Thanks for that translation, I have been laughing for 30 minutes. Funny when yo...

In Chaff » Profanity filter
March 16, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Profanity filter
That is AWESOME! I knew I was in the wrong business! Thank you, I needed that laugh

March 16, 3:44pm

Re: Mateable bag advise
I have an old Moonstone PCT 2 GTX from like 1992 and it mates with my wife's 2005 Marmot Angel Fire- they mate. Its all about the zipper... Obv a half zip and a full zip won't work. Ju...

In GEAR » Mateable bag advise
March 16, 3:10pm

Re: Profanity filter
Aww man, Do tell! The only thing I've been able to come up with is Salivan (as in spit). Does it really? Its gonna kill me to not know...

March 16, 3:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeffs Eleven

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kooka Bay Syn filled custom pad
I got a 44" X 74" X 3.5" pad. R value ~6. It meets requested specs when inflated. As soon as I got it I went and snowshoed around Crater Lake. It was and excellent addition to our...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
June 27, 8:14pm

Garmont Vetta Hike
I got these because Garmont fits better than any shoe I've tried, period. I needed a boot so I looked for the lightest boot Garmont makes The Vetta LITE. Very light for a boot (10oz per Garmont ...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 21, 5:27pm

Body Glide mini stick
Oh, Bodyglide. How I love you. I covet your silky sensation. Be mine

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
February 17, 5:13pm

Tarptent Cloudburst
My first UL tent. I like it a lot but giving to my dad in lieu of more headroom. It is pretty awesome at battening down in the rain and then being able to vent well. We got rained on pretty go...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
January 11, 5:31pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
This thing is awesome. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, save some anecdotal story attesting the overall prowess displayed by that thar stove... Yep

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 11, 4:58pm

Six Moon Designs Traveler backpack
The Traveler is my first UL pack. Since I live near SMD I went to their shop and checked it out myself before buying. Brandon was totally helpful and willing to let me check out the pack line, since...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 11, 4:52pm