BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1351 - 1360 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ...211

Forum » Thread

Molas Pass Parking
Actually I'm not sure about leaving a car at Molas Pass. One trailhead I think says no overnight parkign but there are several parking areas near the Colorado Trail and a campground. I imagin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Anyone gone from Lake City to Ouray, CO?
January 30, 9:54pm

Re Winter Weight down clothing instead of sleeping bag for summer adventures
Worth looking at. I think the clothing is going to be less efficient than the same weight's worth of down bag because your arms and legs are isolated. Even if you had the same loft in the clo...

In GEAR » Winter weight down clothing instead of sleeping bag for summer adventures?
January 30, 9:40pm

Some Issues
Have you been up there? Some areas it woudl be easy to go cross country, others are much more rugged. Why Ourey specifically? The Colorado Trail through that area is great, why not just take it ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Anyone gone from Lake City to Ouray, CO?
January 30, 9:35pm

Cool Project
Very cool project. I wonder if you could turn this into a side business if it works well. Liablity issues would be something to think about though.

In Packrafting » MYOG Inflatable PFD - Progress Journal
January 30, 7:30pm

What I like
I really like my Absaroka pack. Sometimes you see one on gear swap. Its not as rugged as some is the only downside. I'm pretty sure it would fit a bear canister. The Crown is a bit big bu...

In GEAR » Pack reccomendations
January 29, 9:29pm

Re Re Re Re Colorado Trail
Defintatly spend a night in the Fireside Inn, they were great when I was there. Your big three should work fine, some people here would pick different gear to be lighter but what you have is p...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trail.
January 29, 9:24pm

Quilt Ideas
My favorite bag for over 40 is my old BPL 60 quilt. Its about 11 ounces and good to 40 or even 35 (on shorter nights) when you have a hat jacket and bivy. Its no longer made but the MLD Spirit Qu...

In GEAR » 40-45 Bag Recomendations
January 28, 10:17pm

Tent
Sounds like there's not much else you could have done for that tent to stay put.

In Post-Trip Reports » Retreat!! 1/27-1/28, 2012
January 28, 10:10pm

Good Report Craig
Good report (as usual) Craig. I love that you're taking your boy along. He won't forget it, even if it was a bit tough. I had a few similar experiences with my little brother when I used...

In Post-Trip Reports » Retreat!! 1/27-1/28, 2012
January 28, 10:09pm

Another Idea
Paul I noticed you seem to be new here. Welcome! Its the only website I'm active on, I hope you like it here. Couple ideas for you if you're just getting into this. 1. Go ahead and po...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trail.
January 28, 10:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.