Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1351 - 1360 of 2140 | Page: 1 ...127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ...214

Forum » Thread

Re zpacks
No I'm not against 2 packs but 3 or 4 is a bit much for my closet space and its probably not the best use of funds. I'm going to keep a SUL pack around because I'm often doing weekend ...

In GEAR » I need a new pack
February 07, 9:09pm

Cilogear
Hum thats something to think about Dave. I wasn't sure about Cilogear though. Their frames didn't look like they mated to the hipbelt real well so I was assuming they would be limited to ...

February 07, 8:56pm

Weight
Ken you make a good point about not noticing an extra pound or two with a really heavy load. The dilema is I want a frame if I'm carry more than 20 pounds for any length of time. I figure if ...

February 07, 8:32pm

Hauling 50 pounds
Well actually it would be a tight fit and I normally am nowhere near that. Occasionally I've added capacity to a pack by strapping a large stuff sack to the top. It would probably be water an...

February 07, 7:28pm

I need a new pack
Hello ya'll. Well I'm looking for the perfect pack and interested in your input. Heres my current pack line up. 1. BPL Absaroka Pack 2. MYOG Pack (frameless about 2000 cubic inches) ...

February 07, 6:59pm

Prototyping
You said you'll make a silnylon version before you make a cuban version. May I suggest another idea? I hate sewing silnylon with a passion because its so slippery and packs are complicated. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Paper Bag Prototyping
February 07, 6:06pm

That might work really well for groups
Thanks for posting. We normally think of tarps as something you use one at a time but those combos are really cool. I could see that being handy for a group of people. If theres a big spot pitch...

In Philosophy & Technique » Very Interesting Ideas for Tarp Setup
February 06, 7:56pm

Re August 50 miler in N. Arizona
The north rim of the Grand Canyon is rather high (9000 ft.). When I was there years ago in July I remember putting on jackets in the evening. I don't know what kind of hiking there is there t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » August 50 miler in N. Arizona?
February 06, 4:10pm

Canteen Cups
Speaking of Army surplus stores I've used a canteen cup with good success. Sure there are a few lighter things out there but its hard to beat for the price. When I worked in NC we got a lot o...

In GEAR » Inexpensive Alternatives
February 05, 9:25pm

Don't use this
One cheap gear I won't every use again would be army surplus rain jackets. They probably weren't UL anyway but we took a set up to Colorado when I was 14 and happened to get rained on whil...

In GEAR » Inexpensive Alternatives
February 05, 9:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.