Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1351 - 1360 of 2277 | Page: 1 ...127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ...228

Forum » Thread

Re Any Mention of Bivy Bags?
He likes to use water resistant (but not WP/B) bivies under his tarps. He does not care for stand alone WP/B bivies (too muggy, not comfortable in rainy weather etc). Come to think of it I dont&#...

In Editor's Roundtable » Andrew Skurka's The Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide: Book Review
March 17, 8:50pm

Water again
Timing would be something to consider. There wasn't a lot of water this past year and this looks like it will be drier due to the snowpack. If you go late you may have a lot of dry creeks. O...

In Gear Lists » CT 2012. First "long" distance hike.
March 17, 8:47pm

Re Re Water Drops
I used a poncho tarp for a while. It won't keep you as dry as a rainsuit in rain and its smallish as a shelter, you really need a bivy underneath it so factor that in as a cost. I'd per...

March 17, 8:41pm

Water Drops
Oh come to think of it... I ran out of Aqua Mira near Lake City. If you use AQ I'd put some in a resupply. Or if you want to be cheap some Iodine tablets. You could probably drink a lot of...

March 17, 8:02pm

Driducks
I haven't personally used driducks so I can't comment on their breathability. Since you're in Colorado you might be able to pick up a light wind shirt fairly cheap at a thrifts store. ...

March 17, 7:01pm

Couple Ideas
Looks pretty good overall. Couple ideas.... 1. I don't see your cell phone. I'm assuming you'll want it at some point on the trip. I'd send the charger in a resupply box. Unl...

March 17, 5:50pm

Sierra Designs
Sierra Designs has a couple fairly light synthetic bags. Usually pretty reasonable prices too.

In GEAR » What's a good, compressable 3 season sleeping bag?
March 16, 10:09pm

Re Some Cairns
Roger according to my Boys Scout cousin there is a tradtion at Philemont. When a scout troop climbes Mt. Baldy (the highest mountain there) they each carry a rock to stack on top. They call it th...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cairns and LNT?
March 16, 6:50pm

Wild Rices
Okay so sarcasm aside I didn't realize what was taken out of White Rice. Personally I don't like the stuff unless its mixed with enough meat and vegatables. Wild rice on the other hand is...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » White rice is killing you
March 16, 6:12pm

Re Re White rice is killing you
So lets see... I can't eat red meat (or possibly any meat) I can't eat white rice I can't have diary I can't be a vegatarian I can't eat wheat I can't eat ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » White rice is killing you
March 16, 4:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.