BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1351 - 1360 of 2082 | Page: 1 ...127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ...209

Forum » Thread

Cuban?
What kind of cuban fiber is it made of?

In Gear Swap » FS MLD Revelation Pack
January 23, 3:58pm

Re Re Golite Peak
Even if it isn't the lightest option out there the Peak does a lot of little things right. For example I like the compression system. Even if my gear fits in fairly snug I want a compression ...

In GEAR » New Golite Peak
January 22, 6:02pm

Why not?
My thought is "why not" yes you can get lighters but its still light. Its small enough to make a nice day pack too. No I haven't used the Peak because I already have similar packs...

In GEAR » New Golite Peak
January 22, 5:23pm

Re Re Bibliography
I think the book will be good. From what I've seen of Andy Skurka's gear lists I don't think there will be anything shockingly new, just good common sense UL stuff. It appears to be w...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Lightweight Scouting Dissertation
January 22, 4:55pm

Like Your Bibliography
Michael I looked over it again and I really like the way its come together. Very good work. Its something I would give to someone who was new to UL backpacking whether they were scouters or not. ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Lightweight Scouting Dissertation
January 22, 3:30pm

Re
"To those of you who I have offended, I am sorry." Me too. Some threads have gotten nasty lately and I'm pulling out of that for the time being. Enough nasty threads. Wish I coul...

In Chaff » My BPL family, an apology
January 21, 8:03pm

Re Ben
I editted a bit but your understanding is still on... Maybe its because I like history I have my views. There have always been scoundrels and complete idiots in politics with the occassional grea...

In Chaff » A Kinder, Gentler and Less Hypocritical Leadership? Maybe Not...
January 21, 7:58pm

Re Re A Kinder, Gentler and Less Hypocritical Leadership
No Ben I was just glad to see we weren't about to start another nasty thread. That is something we could probably have less of in this community. "Politics as usual" to me just mea...

January 21, 7:46pm

Never Mind
For a minute I thought we were bashing BPL leadership again. Just politics as usual, I'm moving on to other things.

January 21, 7:33pm

Packs
Before you buy a pack figure out your other gear and how much it needs to carry. A Golite Jam will carry 30 pounds at most IF you pack it right. Personally it would not be my first choice if I wa...

In Gear Lists » Starting out.
January 21, 3:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.