Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1351 - 1360 of 2292 | Page: 1 ...127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ...230

Forum » Thread

My Quilt
I actually used a quilt down to about 15 degrees (assuming the weather forecast for that night was correct). The quilt was a dicontinued BPL quilt but a similar quilt would be a quilt made with 7....

In GEAR » Synthetic sleeping bags - best weight to warmth ratio
March 24, 11:38pm

Rain Pants and shelters
I wasn't say never use rain pants. There are situatiosn where they are nice. If its really windy or rainy I bring them. I was just saying they are not something I would spend major money on....

In GEAR » Help a Poor College Student Out!
March 24, 9:15pm

I'm not in Denver but think about this first...
Paul I'm in Texas but here's a thought before you go hacking up your Pinnacle. If you want to take off the back pocket you'll probably have to open up the whole pack in order to sew an...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anyone in the Denver area sew?
March 24, 8:51pm

Re Thanks
Wow thats cool Edward. At the moment I don't think I have anything on hand that you could us but I'll keep an eye out. I just checked Red Ledge. They have a rain coat (Thunderlight) fo...

In Gear Swap » WTB Kids Clothes/ Shoes/ Raingear
March 24, 2:55pm

What is "Fair Trade"
I would argue the majority of what we buy is "fair trade." If both parties agree to a transaction and feel its in their best interest than its a "fair" treade. Its only unfair...

In Chaff » Buying 'Fair Trade' Label?
March 24, 2:29pm

Some good deals here
Are all 6 of those kids yours? I'll bet you have a lot of fun with a family that size! I personally have no kids gear but here are two places you can check out. sierratradingpost.com ca...

In Gear Swap » WTB Kids Clothes/ Shoes/ Raingear
March 24, 2:19pm

Re CT
If the CT is close the alternate route (which skips roughly 6 miles of Segment 1) is the Indian Creek trail to the south (more attractive in my opinion anyway).

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Spring backpacking in Colorado
March 23, 8:26pm

My Ideas
I would NOT spend big bucks on rain pants at this point. If you need them I'd start with cheap ($20) Wal Mart brand. Not as nice for sure but they'll do the job if you really need them. ...

In GEAR » Help a Poor College Student Out!
March 23, 8:20pm

I've been there!
Hey thats one of my favorite stomping grounds, I love Grayson Highlands. Lots of those pictures look familiar and bring back good memories. When my brother was little I always wondered what would...

In Post-Trip Reports » Saving Sophie and a trip gone badly
March 23, 7:23pm

Lost Creek Wilderness and other areas
Lost Creek Wilderness has some lower elevation areas on the eastern side. Aprial is still pretty early though. If there is snow here are a couple tips. 1. The trail will vanish at some point....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Spring backpacking in Colorado
March 23, 6:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.