BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 1341 - 1350 of 2935 | Page: 1 ...126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ...294

Forum » Thread

W/PB
From those pictures, it's looks like the shoe has mesh. I think it's impossible to make a mesh shoe waterproof without a waterproof/breathable liner. You need leather or synthetic leather t...

In GEAR » "waterproof" breathable HedgeHog Guide
July 18, 1:36pm

Re: "waterproof" breathable HedgeHog Guide
Have you tried emailing TNF to get an answer?

In GEAR » "waterproof" breathable HedgeHog Guide
July 18, 1:32pm

sleep
In the winter i get most of my sleep between 6 am and noon when i understimate how much insulation i will need.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Does anyone find they sleep LESS in the woods?
July 17, 3:15pm

Wood Stoves
I really don't get the obsession with wood stoves. Ultralight backpacking is about getting rid of unnecessary gear and using your skills. I don't understand why everyone is opposed to using...

In GEAR » CORE Bio Reactor Wood Stove
July 16, 11:00pm

Re: The Ultralight Movement is keeping me from backpacking
I think you need a wilderness hobby besides walking. I like to fish or practice bushcraft skills while backpacking. My friend is studying ecology and likes to identify plants. Learn to gather wild...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Ultralight Movement is keeping me from backpacking
July 16, 9:44pm

Re: Recommended 1-2 night hike in the Big Sur area
Forget about the miles. Get on the pine ridge trail and hile down to ventana or barlow. Start exploring up or downstream on the big sur river. You will need swim through some canyons. You will stay...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recommended 1-2 night hike in the Big Sur area
July 16, 3:30pm

Re: Trying to push myself to make the tarp plunge
Try cowboy camping without a shelter to get used to not having a tent. If you can't sleep that way then get back in your tent. You won't know until you try.

In GEAR » Trying to push myself to make the tarp plunge
July 16, 10:14am

Re: Re: Options for lightweight, calf-length gaiters?
I know Nick and I wasn't dismissing your advice. I agree that sometimes it's best to tough it out and get cut up a little. Your post reminded me of some nasty bushwacks I've done in...

In GEAR » Options for lightweight, calf-length gaiters?
July 15, 11:41pm

Re: Re: Options for lightweight, calf-length gaiters?
"Have you tried hiking in shorts without gaiters? It isn't that bad and the little scratches heal by the next day." Have you ever walked through a thicket of dead manzanita in shor...

In GEAR » Options for lightweight, calf-length gaiters?
July 15, 10:25pm

Re: [Somewhat Urgent] Trails Illustrated Key....4WD Road vs. High Clearance Road. Gunnison area question
You will never know until you see it for yourself or talk to someone that has. 4wd could mean a reasonable dirt road or something very rough. I've been on some gravel forest roads that were wor...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Need quick help! Trails Illustrated Key....4WD Road vs. High Clearance Road.
July 15, 9:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am