BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 1341 - 1350 of 3039 | Page: 1 ...126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ...304

Forum » Thread

Re: Hiking in style, sexy sexy legs (move over Rab MECO baselayer pants aka Sha-nay-nay)
Please tell me you are going to wear something over these sexy tights.

In Gear Deals » Hiking in style, sexy sexy legs (move over Rab MECO baselayer pants aka Sha-nay-nay)
August 29, 12:09pm

Jackson
I completely forgot about this place. I might head up there and check it out some time in the future.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Jackson State Forest?
August 28, 9:07pm

Re: favorite UL closed cell pad?
Z Lite.

In GEAR » favorite UL closed cell pad?
August 28, 8:22pm

Re: Using Knife to Baton Wood
These techniques are only useful when dealing with wet/frozen wood. The best way is to find a very small vertical tree that you can rip out of the ground. Find two tree trunks right next to each ot...

In Philosophy & Technique » Using Knife to Baton Wood
August 27, 10:34pm

Re: traffic jam
Why would someone even do that? Just find some other place to hike. This reminds of the Pine Ridge Trail in Big Sur on weekends. I always get off that trail to explore some creek or canyon as q...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » traffic jam
August 27, 9:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who makes the best clothing for Desert use
I've never hiked in hot weather that wasn't dry. I imagine I would feel like a soggy wet mess. The idea of an undershirt is interesting to me. I feel like it makes me much hotter but I see...

In GEAR » Who makes the best clothing for Desert use
August 27, 9:14pm

Re: How much water?
My strategy is to carry more than I need and drink most of it early in the hike.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How much water?
August 27, 9:11pm

Re: Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
Your feet should be conditioned by now. What do you wear every day? You could try wearing very minimal shoes and switch over to trail runners when you hike. This should speed up any conditioning. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
August 27, 9:30am

Re: Re: Who makes the best clothing for Desert use
Cotton is great in hot weather. I get that synthetics are more comfortable because they keep you dry, but cotton is going to seriously outperform nylon or polyester in keeping you cool and preservi...

In GEAR » Who makes the best clothing for Desert use
August 27, 2:36am

Re: Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
Ditch the filter. Hiking in the Rockies, I assume you won't be dealing with nasty water. Filtering it would be pointless. There are much lighter option like iodine tabs, aquamira, or the sterip...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
August 27, 12:26am

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am