BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale west coast best coast
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 1341 - 1350 of 2789 | Page: 1 ...126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ...279

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Darwin Falls?
Dale, the African men in that video are guides who know exactly where to stand without being swept over. There is a rock shelf right at the edge blocking anyone from going over. It looks super dang...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sad, another person swept over a Yosemite falls
June 02, 10:05pm

Re: Backcountry Fire Rings
Don't bother. If you take them apart someone will build one again. And in well used areas fire rings help to concentrate the impact into one area. Outside of well used areas, I absolutely de...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backcountry Fire Rings
June 02, 9:55pm

Re: wood fire smoke
We already had a huge thread on this. Most of the posters agreed that while wood smoke is harmful, in an open area (outside) you don't inhale much smoke. And having a campfire on a few trips...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Wanderer (Video Series) - Episode 2: Food & Water
June 02, 5:43pm

Re: Selling my stock of hand knitted beanies
Kat, have you considered making Peruvian style beanies?

In Gear Deals » Selling my stock of hand knitted beanies
June 02, 4:53pm

Re: Re: Hey you from that out-of-control- thread move over here a plan a trip!
Mid 90's sounds harsh. Anyone interested in a Trinity Alps trip in a few weeks? I'm heading up to Emigrant this weekend with a couple other people.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Hey you from that out-of-control-thread move over here and plan a trip
June 02, 3:38pm

Re: 2-3 Night Trips Near San Francisco
The Emigrant Wilderness and the Desolation Wilderness aren't too far from San Fransisco.

In Pre-Trip Planning » 2-3 Night Trips Near San Francisco
June 02, 3:35pm

Re: Dirty girls
My issue with the Dirty Girls would be the gaiters getting pulled off from the velcro if I walked through brush. And walking through grasslands I think the velcro could get clogged with grass piece...

In GEAR » Gaiters aren't working for me.
June 02, 11:58am

Re: Re: WPB shoes
"Dunno. We just don't bother trying to keep our feet dry. We sometimes travel IN the rivers as the scrub on the sides is 'not good'." Yup, I do the same thing on creek bush...

In GEAR » Lightweight and low-cut waterproof shoes in size 15
June 02, 1:24am

Re: Re: Re: which
Thank you for the input. Those MH ones look promising. I'll buy them from a place that accepts returns and see if they work.

June 01, 5:22pm

Re: which
I've used the REI desert gaiters and the Salamon S-lab gaiters. The desert gaiters worked much better, but I still had them slide up at times. The S-Labs were constantly sliding up and the ...

June 01, 4:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am