Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 1341 - 1350 of 3191 | Page: 1 ...126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ...320

Forum » Thread

Re: shoes durability
The best solution is to start using leather approach shoes again and deal with the slow dry times. They were built for those conditions. 80 miles is just sad for a pair of shoes. Durability is on...

In GEAR » shoes durability
September 26, 11:34am

Re: Link for BPL gear shop
The BPL gear shop closed down.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Link for BPL gear shop
September 26, 1:25am

Acrylic Shirt
I picked up an acryllic flannel shirt at my local goodwill. I'm surprised, it's actually very, very warm. Weighs about 10 oz. I thinking about carrying it as a midlayer for colder weather. ...

In GEAR » acrylic clothing?
September 26, 1:09am

Re: Wool Sleeping Bag for desert use
I know they are crazy expensive, I just wanted to tell you about them as an example of the warmest per weight wool you can find.

In Make Your Own Gear » Wool sleeping bag for desert use
September 25, 10:10pm

Re: I think you're right, Justin
Have you considered a life straw? It seems more reliable than a gravity filter. You suck on it and pull water through the filter. I haven't use one myself.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My food and water weight conundrum...
September 25, 1:45am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: snow travel footwear system
"Wish they were cheaper though." That's why I was concerned about durability. I considered using bread bags as a cheap/light method for occasional snow. But they were so slipper...

In GEAR » snow travel footwear system
September 25, 12:42am

Re: Hmmm...
"I still don't understand how somebody who is chemically treating their water could only carry 1/2 liter of water at a time and still stay well hydrated without a lot of fuss. The comment ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My food and water weight conundrum...
September 25, 12:37am

Re: Re: Re: Re: snow travel footwear system
I've heard very good things about the rocky goretex socks. I was concerned about durability but apparently they hold up well. Here is a review on them http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/b...

September 25, 12:06am

Re: Re: snow travel footwear system
I would probably go with boots if I was snowshoeing the entire time, but if I had to walk on bare ground in boots I would be very miserable. I've been hiking in minimal shoes for years and in b...

September 24, 11:15pm

HB point blanket.
I would love to own one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson%27s_Bay_point_blanket crazy expensive.

In Make Your Own Gear » Wool sleeping bag for desert use
September 24, 10:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am