Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

todd harper (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right. A Gatewood Cape w/Serenity is my primary solo shelter nowadays.

I'm also into kayaking & fishing.
StateFlorida

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd harper

Showing 1341 - 1350 of 1821 | Page: 1 ...126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ...183

Forum » Thread

Re: Thom Darrah's A Good Man
Kendall, This whole story is heartwarming. Not that we should only help those we like, but you have always struck me as a humble, kind, & good-natured soul. Thom is obviously of the same...

In Chaff » Thom Darrah's A Good Man
January 02, 6:51pm

Re: 3 Layer Sleeping System
Steve, I love my Thermawrap! It excels as a parka (as part of a clothing SYSTEM or if not extremely cold) and as a sleep system extender. I generally use it w/my JRB No Sniveller (down quilt...

In GEAR » 3 Layer Sleeping System
January 02, 12:23pm

Re: Long Haul Gear list
Keith, With the changes you're making and the advice given to you, you are well on your way! You're certain to enjoy your trips more. Please report back!

In Gear Lists » Long Haul Gear list
January 02, 9:00am

Re: Down Quilt + Synthetic Bag
Agree w/Roger re: synthetic on the outside, in general. That said, Unless your synthetic it roomy it will likely reduce down loft inside, just as you mention.

In GEAR » Down Quilt + Synthetic Bag
January 01, 1:45pm

Re: Long Haul Gear list
Keith, Since you use every item each trip, I'm not sure exactly what input you seek. Do you want lighter weight alternatives? Are you willing to give up some items (like shaving oil) to sa...

In Gear Lists » Long Haul Gear list
January 01, 1:25pm

Re: Enhancing a Cocoon quilt
David, I wish I had modded gear in the past - which ended up just taking up space in my closet. Would have saved $ and felt good to "make" something. You should be proud of your qu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Enhancing a Cocoon quilt
December 30, 2:12pm

Re: Finished thru-hiker.com Minima vest
Thomas, you did excellent work! You will appreciate the extra length in back....my butt gets cold standing around in camp in my Cocoon vest (I love it except for the baggy fit and short length). ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished thru-hiker.com Minima vest
December 30, 8:23am

Re: Thin aluminum
+1 on the roasting pan. Cheap and is literally exactly what you are looking for.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Titanium Mug or Teapot>?
December 29, 7:03pm

Re: Klear Water
Any luck getting Klearwater lately?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Water purifier or ??
December 29, 1:38pm

SEBLG: Facebook Question
OK, I need some help with Facebook so I can communicate w/you guys easily. I actually joined Facebook awhile back, and upon the deluge of unwanted posts from "friends of friends" I qui...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Southeast Backpacking Light Group?
December 28, 12:36pm

All Reader Reviews by todd harper

todd harper has posted no reviews.