BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1331 - 1340 of 1573 | Page: 1 ...125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ...158

Forum » Thread

Re: R values everywhere!
Frank Ramos said-"My experience is that Polarguard 3D, which is generally considered one of the more durable synthetics, loses from 30% to 40% of its loft after a month of use, and then loses ...

In GEAR » R values everywhere!
February 26, 12:03pm

Re: Hydration Hot Weather
-Wear light colored (white preferably) clothing, light weight, and loose fitting clothing/hat. This will minimize solar radiation absorption and maximize cooling from sweat evaporation. -Don'...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hydration Hot Weather
February 23, 10:26am

Re: Taylor Meadows, Garibaldi Park near Squamish
Brian-Definitely not boring... thank you for sharing with us.

In Post-Trip Reports » Taylor Meadows, Garibaldi Park near Squamish
February 19, 10:57pm

Re: Les Miserables (Alaskan Coast)
Roman-For the last two years I have spent 1 1/2 months, each year, kayaking portions of the SC and SE Alaskan coast. I have been successfully using a Black Diamond Megamid (pyramid shelter). I am c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Miserable Environment: The Worst Conditions?
February 16, 9:04am

Re: Hennessy Hammock Patent
Dale-What is the patent number?

In Make Your Own Gear » Hennessy Hammock Pattern?
February 14, 1:44pm

Re: ReviveX
Yes it will. Prewash the untreated ripstop in non-detergent soap and then put the treated item in the dryer for 60 min at medium heat. I have been unable to detect any difference in breathability a...

In Make Your Own Gear » ReviveX
February 11, 7:19pm

The optimal base layer is... it depends.
I think an arbitrary definition of terms will help to possibly (smile) build a consensus on the best base layer. Without any clothing assistance or sweating, our body’s thermoregulation capabilit...

In GEAR » Base Layer
February 09, 10:20pm

An A on my C&C Outdoors Test
I have to give C&C an A on handling my order for the Golite Reed Pants. I ordered on-line 2/6. I promptly received an email saying the order would be delivered, via Fed Ex on 2/8. 2/8 at 4:...

In Gear Deals » Golite clearance items at ccoutdoorstore.com
February 08, 5:46pm

Re: Change of Subject
You would effectively increase the TOG rating by up to 50% by having two people enclosed in the blanket.

In GEAR » Check this out.
February 07, 4:29pm

Re: Check this out.
Douglas-The Adventure Medical bivy has a therorectical TOG rating of about .8. It is not in the same class as the Blizzard/MPI.

In GEAR » Check this out.
February 07, 11:54am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm