BPL Community Profile

todd harper (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right. A Gatewood Cape w/Serenity is my primary solo shelter nowadays.

I'm also into kayaking & fishing.
StateFlorida

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd harper

Showing 1321 - 1330 of 1684 | Page: 1 ...124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ...169

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Bug free
No spin. Jack always discloses his professional affiliation by his avatar, or in his posts. His preference for hammocks are what got him started in the business.

In GEAR » Quilt and Tarp (No Bivy)
August 09, 2:55pm

Re: Layering with a Windshirt
I layer my windshirt over a Cocoon vest and am very pleased. I should add that if it's cool enough for the vest, I wear my base layer, too. I highly recommend it as a useful layer.

In GEAR » Wind Shirt Advice?
August 06, 2:00pm

Re: Stainless Steel/Titanium Pot-Handle Insulation
remove the handles and slide silicone tubing (like used with aquariums) over the handles. Works great.

In Philosophy & Technique » Stainless Steel/Titanium Pot-Handle Insulation
August 06, 8:40am

Re: basic raingear question...
In short, I don't think you do! Gaiters are your only hope. Poncho should HELP.

In GEAR » basic raingear question...
August 05, 4:41pm

Re: Backpacking without a backpack?
Jack, Sorry to hear about your injury. Crazy Pete posted a trip report about this very thing. Worked out well for him, as well as I remember. Heal quickly..... Todd

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking without a backpack?
August 05, 2:42pm

Re: JMT September List
Mike, Incredible avatar photo!!! Made me scared just looking at it! I would get a lighter pot: Tibetan, BPL, Evernew, etc will all save weight. If you must take bug spray, repackage it ...

In Gear Lists » JMT September List
August 05, 9:43am

Re: Gatewood Splatter Question
"So for you Gatewood Cape users, do you not get splatter from the one side that doesn't go all the way to the ground?" At nearly 6'2", I have to "elevate" my cap...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape or Golite Poncho/Tarp & Bivy?
August 04, 8:34pm

Re: Gatewood Cape or Golite Poncho/Tarp & Bivy?
Welcome, Cameron! We'll go easy on you here. I love my cape! I prefer it to the Golite, YMMV. As to your specific question, I agree w/Scott and I use a UL bivy if I'm concerned ab...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape or Golite Poncho/Tarp & Bivy?
August 04, 12:52pm

Re: Re: Mike's Article
"I thought LNT requires one to "Leave rocks, plants and other natural objects as you find them."" Excellent point, Tom!

In GEAR » Opaque ziplock bags for TP??
July 27, 10:55am

Re: Re: Solo Shelters
Dean, You will not be disappointed. I'm nearly 6'2" and if I attach the head and foot snaps of the cape to the Serenity I don't touch either end - head & foot room is enh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo Shelters
July 25, 11:57am

All Reader Reviews by todd harper

todd harper has posted no reviews.