BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1311 - 1320 of 1542 | Page: 1 ...123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ...155

Forum » Thread

Re: Eric, psychological aspect
Vapor barrier layer: Marmot Ion full zip Made me laugh out loud... very funny how that was slipped in with all of the conventional suggestions.

In Gear Lists » Embarrassing Clothing List
February 05, 8:57pm

Re: Mammut bag primer
I wondered if the black would help keep body heat in-Color makes no difference in keeping body heat in. Body heat is long wave infrared radiation.

In GEAR » is this lafuma brand bag ok?
February 02, 10:11am

JMT Record food intake for 20 hour days
Aaron-Based on your physiology, your equipment, and your food weight, your moving JMT record attempt stats should be approximately as follows: VO2max %= 37% MHR % = 61% HR = 113 bpm METs = 7....

In GEAR » Food intake for 20 hour days
February 01, 4:39pm

Re: Marmont Ion "Pertex" pictures
Paul-Great job on analyzing the fabrics! Indeed, the questionable Ions look like they are coated with a non breathable membrane such as silicone. DWR does not fill gaps in the weave. The Chi...

In GEAR » How to identify Pertex Quantum?
January 31, 7:36pm

Re: re:Check this out.
8 togs is approximately equivalent to 1" of low quality down or 3/4" of high quality down (800 fill).

In GEAR » Check this out.
January 31, 2:03pm

Re: Does this mean bubble wrap needs foil to keep a human warm?
Alan-You can approach the warmth of a blue foam pad, of the same thickness, if you use a comparable thickness of foil encased BubbleWrap. An opaque surface would result in comaprable warmth to an a...

In Make Your Own Gear » What is the clo/tog of one and N layers of bubblewrap
January 26, 9:23am

Re: where can I find syntetic fills comparison
Carlos-In the last year this questions has been answered many times in these forums. Use the search function to find the relevant posts.

In GEAR » syntetic fills
January 25, 10:06am

My Patagonia Micropuff is made with Pertex Quantum
Douglas-I created a new thread so as to not go off topic with the Pertex retail source thread. The Patagonia Micropuff outer fabric doesn't appear to be any of the Pertex Quantum variants. T...

In GEAR » my Patagonia Micropuff is made with Pertex Quantum
January 23, 10:38am

Re: Tarp/Bivy - Gatewood Cape
Ron-Will you please summarize your Gatewood Cape shelter placement recommendations?

In Philosophy & Technique » Tarp/Bivy advice needed.
January 23, 9:45am

Re: "Afternoon Canyon Snowstorm"
Your missing your calling... you should turn professional photographer.

In Photo Gallery » "Afternoon Canyon Snowstorm"
January 22, 10:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm