BPL Community Profile

Backpack Jack (jumpbackjack) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Armpit of California
About Me I do most of my hiking in California around Kings Canyon,Bishop area, would eventually like to hike some other states or even countries. I have been hiking about 6 or 7 years now and love it. Every year can't wait for the next trip. See you on the trail.
CityBakersfield
StateCalifornia
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Backpack Jack

Showing 1311 - 1320 of 1667 | Page: 1 ...123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ...167

Forum » Thread

RE bugs
I just started using a tarp and bug bivy. 2 weekends ago we had really nasty Earwigs every where. I don't think deet would have helped, glad I had the bug bivy. I bought my bivy from BearPaw te...

In GEAR » Have a tarp. Now what about the bugs?
June 19, 12:37am

RE RocLite gtx 390
Come on anybody want these?

In Gear Swap » FS RocLite 390 GTX size 11.5
June 15, 12:19am

RE Tarp
I believe it is the Siltarp 2 in gray of course. Kevin would know for sure, maybe he can chime in on this one.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 1st time tarping
June 15, 12:05am

RE tarping
Here's a pic of the lost dog Looks like a dog from hell with those eyes!!

June 13, 8:41pm

1st time tarping
I went out on a car camping trip last weekend with some friends to try out my new Silnylon ultra lightweight minimalist bug bivy from BearPaw Tents and the new tarp from ID. The weather was good wi...

June 12, 11:09am

RE poles
I've been wanting some of these poles also but would like to put cork grips on too. Where can you buy just cork grips, and are the stock grips smaller to fit kids hands?

In Gear Deals » UL Trekking poles at REI for $28
June 10, 8:23pm

re trip
Sucks to get old huh. Kearsage to roads end in one day? not me!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Nor Cal BPL Meetup 6/5 to 6/6
June 09, 8:26pm

RE "Creeks - Cause everyone loves water!"
Lower Paradise Valley 9-13-2009

In Photo Gallery » Creeks - Cause everyone loves water!
June 08, 11:20pm

re trip
Yea Bob I know but I want to spend some time at Rae Lakes and do some fishing and just take my time.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Nor Cal BPL Meetup 6/5 to 6/6
June 08, 8:47pm

UL Filter
I made my own gravity water filter system, like some have posted here on BPL. I used the Hiker Pro filter and a dry sack. My question is what is the best way to store the Hiker Pro filter after ea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » UL Filter
June 08, 8:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Backpack Jack

Backpack Jack has posted no reviews.