November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 1301 - 1310 of 1431 | Page: 1 ...122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ...144

Forum » Thread

I don't consider sexism to be a silly reason, but yes, the post seemed more neutral and tone is hard to read online. Sorry if I misread you, Evan.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are you "packing" while you are packing?
July 15, 11:14am

Re: Re: Women and Guns
Evan, why is your post titled "Women and Guns"? I've been avoiding this thread, but your title + post is a ridiculous insinuation, for all the reasons Sarah pointed out. If a woman ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are you "packing" while you are packing?
July 15, 10:47am

It can't be that hard technically to create a sub-forum. The Hammocks sub-forum only gets a couple posts a week--that's posts, not threads--and no one's calling for its elimination.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » We need a SUL Thread PLEASE
July 15, 1:37am

runner plus adjustments
Poles or a stick are helpful. Pre-taping instead of waiting till after a fall is a good idea. Depending on his feet he may want a more high top shoe like some of the larger Inov8 models. I under...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bad ankles....trail runners
July 14, 12:04pm

nice shot!
That's one curious sheep.

In GEAR » Quilt/bag for Glacier National Park in August
July 14, 10:54am

Bryce, I have a cuben/climashield quilt, got it off Gear Swap and rigged it as an UQ for my hammock. As an UQ, it's great. When I tried using it as a TQ, though, it was definitely sweaty. I...

In GEAR » Backpacking for the girly girl
July 14, 6:40am

I dunno
I feel like if a childhood of organized sports didn't give me a taste for it, it's probably not in the cards. :p

In Philosophy & Technique » The science of Gatorade
July 13, 2:07pm

I agree with Jonah Lerher on this one. Sports drinks are disgusting. I'll get my sugar and salt some other way. Cool beuroscience, though.

In Philosophy & Technique » The science of Gatorade
July 13, 12:24pm

Thanks for the insight, everyone. I'm going to try your suggestions and report. Bob, I appreciate the reminder that my body is unique ;) I do have somewhat uncommon proportions. Overall sho...

In Philosophy & Technique » Pack fit and load transfer--am I doing it wrong?
July 12, 1:18pm

Kathleen, You've recieved a wide variety of advice already, so I won't try to duplicate any of it. I have only one thing to suggest, and it is: KEEP TRYING. You're nervous and that...

In GEAR » Backpacking for the girly girl
July 12, 1:02pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.