Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 1301 - 1310 of 1413 | Page: 1 ...122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142

Forum » Thread

not worth it
What you'd be doing is complicating a process for no appreciable benefit. The limiting factor is not the time-to-dissolve, it's the time-to-disinfect. Think about washing your hands. A s...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Crushing Chlorine Dioxide Tablets for faster treatment?
July 05, 3:45pm

reverse the position
I do not serve the UL philosophy; it serves me. I'm not having an existential crisis over whether to bring a stove and what the choice says about the purity of my UL practices. Edit: didn&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why is a stove part of an "ultralight" system <3 days?
July 03, 8:04pm

"problem" bears (i.e. human-acclimated)
>> The eastern black bear is really no problem. They are afraid of humans. Generally, yes. And also generally, if there is a problem bear in the vicinity, word travels fast. Nevertheless...

In Gear Lists » First hiking trip / first shot at gear list
July 03, 7:51am

Re: Re: yep
Sarah, those look amazing!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The "real thing"
July 01, 4:04pm

yep
I do drink skim milk almost always, not so I can drink more, but so I can drink the same with less fat...fat I get instead with real butter and cheese. I cook for myself and most processed foods d...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The "real thing"
July 01, 3:24pm

Re: Tilley LT4 Hat Advice Needed
I'm not seeing the LT4 on their website, but I have the LTM3 airflo and it's the only hat I've ever forgotten I'm wearing. It's that comfortable. I've never had an all mes...

In GEAR » Tilley LT4 Hat Advice Needed
July 01, 1:15am

Re: WY
I dunno! ....slinks away....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 2 to 4 day Hikes with fishing along the way
June 30, 8:07pm

canoes and logjams
> The pressures on your body jammed against an obstruction in a river are huge. I've seen it fold up a boat like a toy. Having a canoe in the situation shown in the video wouldn't have b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How not to cross a river!
June 30, 12:43pm

stink
Mine still stink, although it takes longer for them to do so than it does for cotton or underarmour baselayers. I rotate and air out the stinky ones for a few days before I re-wear. That seems to...

In GEAR » How do you wash your merino gear?
June 30, 12:24pm

Re: i think you're fine
Thanks for the dirty on woolite. I didn't know it was so bad. I'll probably use up the rest of the handwashing soap so it's not hanging around, then switch to machine wash as suggested.

In GEAR » How do you wash your merino gear?
June 30, 11:11am

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.