BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 1301 - 1310 of 1359 | Page: 1 ...117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136

Forum » Thread

Mods to ElKommando
Can anyone give their opinion on if the ElKommando can be hemmed? I have very short legs for my height and it's been stopping me from trying a kilt. At the standard length I'd be swimming...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many BPL'ers wear KILTS?
June 06, 11:42am

LW came after
I have a Columbia fleece from years ago that's still kickin'. I got something lighter weight to hike in but the fleece has stayed in everyday rotation.

In GEAR » Around town insulation piece
March 25, 11:04am

Re: Stomach sleeper
What is your favored position, exactly? If it's like this (sorry for the silly memeage), I sleep like this and find I can do it in a hammock comfortably. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's Your View Towards Hammocks?
March 25, 10:20am

Re: Method
I think I need to start adding < sarcasm > tags. :)

In Gear Lists » woman's list?
March 17, 11:22am

no criticism intended
Katharina, I wasn't denying your experience, just mentioning that I'd seen it said before. As it runs opposite my experience, I just wondered about others'. I'm sorry for the sort...

March 17, 11:11am

gender and individual variation
I've seen the 'women need more insulation' thing before and I'm curious about it. As a kid I remember wrapping in a blanket on family car trips b/c my mom ran the AC at full blast....

March 17, 10:38am

fracking
That's a nice stretch of river to float. With the gas fracking, I'm really just aghast at the complete lack of regulation. Did we not learn our lessons from acid mine drainage? I think o...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » River water drinkable?
March 16, 4:14pm

A#1 Super Best Option
You could do away with your glasses entirely for the low, low cost of Lasik.

In GEAR » Need recommendations for glasses case + lighter headlamp
March 16, 1:18pm

Do a forum search
There was a thread where someone recommended a type of rigid plastic tubing for glasses cases. You could buy by the length and add endcaps.

In GEAR » Need recommendations for glasses case + lighter headlamp
March 16, 10:44am

Re: Re: River water drinkable?
I agree with local restocking. You won't really be in the wilderness. Pulling off for refills is your safest and easiest bet.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » River water drinkable?
March 16, 9:32am

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.