BPL Community Profile

spelt the enigmatic (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt the enigmatic

Showing 1301 - 1310 of 1349 | Page: 1 ...116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Make your own?
Thanks, Sarah. Is there a consensus on what to do with biodegradable stuff like tea leaves?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Flat, wide tea steeper
March 15, 11:50pm

whoa, thread from the dead
Bet I could guess where the interest came from ;) Still working out the on-trail brewing, but for the drinking, I use this: http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=61 without the...

In GEAR » Nifty loose leaf tea infuser
March 15, 8:44pm

Re: Make your own?
Dicentra, The teabags are convenient, but I always find myself not knowing exactly what to do with them afterwards. Walter above found a plastic doodad similar to what you're talking about. ...

March 15, 8:24pm

Re: Tea infuser.
Walter, I think that Upton strainer may be perfect! And I have had them on my 'order some tea someday' list for quite a while. Excellent! Thank you.

March 15, 8:20pm

Re: Re: Tea infuser.
Depth matters b/c the water is so shallow. With my current steeper not all the leaves are even getting wet. Something wide and flat will have more mesh surface area actually in the water.

March 15, 8:15pm

Flat, wide tea steeper
I like tea and have a small container for loose tea and my sugar. I also have an insulated Nalgene flask for a "tipple" on the trail ;) Problem is I have a relatively wide bottom pot. ...

March 15, 12:32pm

Re: Warbonnet
Does the Warbonnet come with a fly, and does the listed weight on the Henessey include the regular asym fly? The WBBB is big. I believe it fits people up to 6'4''. I'm 5'4&...

In GEAR » Once and For All: Best Ultralight Hammock?
March 15, 12:13pm

stretching out
Yes, this is a problem too. Have you tried the dryer? I lay mine flat to dry. I'm afraid the dryer might ruin them. But maybe it would shrink an item just enough...

In GEAR » Merino "compression" gear?
March 14, 11:48am

Thanks
I wish the boxers had a longer inseam, but whattaya gonna do.

March 14, 10:54am

Merino "compression" gear?
I like to wear Underarmour "compression" tops and bottoms as baselayer. I know they're not medical compression (hence the quotes), but I like the feeling. I have two merino shirts n...

March 14, 10:29am

All Reader Reviews by spelt the enigmatic

spelt the enigmatic has posted no reviews.