Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1301 - 1310 of 2292 | Page: 1 ...122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ...230

Forum » Thread

Re Breathing in sleeping bag
Obviously it would be worse in a down bag. I haven't used a mummy bag in a long time and I never tried it. I did sleep with my head on my down jacket one night (in 18 degree weather) and the ...

In GEAR » Breathing in sleeping bag?
April 26, 2:28pm

Statistics
I got them off Wikenpedia when I was googling around for European bear attacks David. Apparently there were 162 deaths in the US (I guess they left out Canada) between 1900 and 1985 which averaged...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bears bears bears
April 26, 11:37am

Don' t worry but if you are worried to this.
I would not worry too much. The bears you will be around tend to be less aggresive then bears in America and East Siberia. America averages about 2 people a year killed by bears plus a few more i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bears bears bears
April 26, 10:42am

Always when its cold
I always carry them if its cold. I know you sweet some under them but trust me that is way better than having 50 degree water running down your legs all day long in the rain. If your legs are too...

In GEAR » to rain pant or not?
April 26, 8:43am

Re Pack Pictures
Brian thanks for the extra pack pictures. I'm thinking that the XL size is going to be more volume than I really need for my gear. I might change my mind but if someone else makes you a good ...

In Gear Swap » Cuben shirt, backpack, tarp, and BPL balaclava
April 25, 7:37am

Re Re Booby Traps on the Trail
I respect the opinion of the officer who found them. Apparently they were dangerous. On the other hand traps like this are not super easy to make. I tried making snares and deadfalls a few tim...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Booby Traps on the Trail
April 24, 10:03pm

Pack
I'm pretty intersted in the pack. Do you have any other picture? I'm interested in to torso length and whether or not it has attachments for bungy cord.

In Gear Swap » Cuben shirt, backpack, tarp, and BPL balaclava
April 24, 9:58pm

Wow
That is very impressive looking good job. Anything you would change if you did it again? I like the way you attached the frame at the top. I'm planning a similar project and I was trying to ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Dyneema Pack
April 24, 9:40pm

Thats a new one
That is sick. They had to know they could really hurt someone. I'd try and charge them with "assault with a deadly weapon." It might not stick but it would sure scare them and anyo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Booby Traps on the Trail
April 24, 9:34pm

Places to go
It really depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking for solitude or the best scenery (hint they don't always go together). Here are some ideas for trips. Closest to Denver. 1...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Colorado Trip Suggestions
April 24, 9:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.