BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1301 - 1310 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ...211

Forum » Thread

Re Nutella and Fritos
Matthew that idea sounds great. I did think about making bars out of Nutella. The way it got soft always stopped me though. I did think about it as a cold weather snack since melting woudln'...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Ditching the stove and my new SUL gear list
February 11, 10:47pm

Disclaimer
Disclaimer If you are just joining us here at BPL and think "Oh my goodness these people are crazy!" let me assure you that all (most?) of our members are quite sane. Discussions of sha...

In Chaff » Shave My Chest--Weight or Warmth?
February 11, 10:43pm

Nutella
Nutella is a bit messy when its warm but when its cold it hardens up. When that happened to me I'd already been out three weeks and I was starving. I just carved out chunks and ate them plain...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Ditching the stove and my new SUL gear list
February 11, 10:17pm

Ozarks
The Ozarks should be nice but I don't think they're any closer than the Mt. Rogers area and other areas in the Appalachians that are nicer. That should be about a 12 hour drive or about 4 ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking with my son
February 11, 5:10pm

Whats missing
Well that is an interesting idea. Seems more accurate than a simple continium. What does your opinion on spanky have to do with your politics? Seems like a really fuzzy indicator to me. No ...

In Chaff » Where do you lie on the political/moral compass?
February 11, 3:15pm

Re time of year
Might be chilly in Colorado (depends on where you are) but it will be fine in the Appalachian Mountains. I would be concerned that Land Between the Lakes would be pretty warm that time of year. I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking with my son
February 11, 2:29pm

MT 110
Good write up Eugene. Sounds like a good shoe for me as long as I don't take it backpacking. Those of you that use the MT110 how would you rate the durablity of the mesh? The 101s are not th...

In GEAR » Brooks Pure Grit- A quick look.
February 11, 1:32pm

drafts?
How drafty is your quilt? I used a quilt to below freezing with no problems in a bivy. One night I tried it without a bivy when it was maybe 40. I woke up chilly and went back to using the bivy.

In GEAR » advice for a cold night
February 11, 1:25pm

Re I got a Wimenuche Map
Sounds like you're on the right track checking out a map of the Wimenuche. The Lost Creek does have some amazing rock formations. I've got a couple trip reports of it as do several oth...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Seeking a good Colorado loop for youth
February 10, 7:37pm

One place to watch
One place to watch out for is the trail into Breckenridge. There were lots of down trees there that might have taken out trail markers. A lot of intersections were unmarked and the official guide...

In GEAR » CT Topo Map Book
February 10, 7:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.