BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1301 - 1310 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ...208

Forum » Thread

One idea
If you already have both shelters one idea would be to put the tent in a bounce box to Breckenridge. It will take you about 5 days to get there at the pace you mentioned earlier. It relatively dr...

In GEAR » Bugs, July, Colorado Trail.
February 04, 5:42pm

Cheap Gear
There is a lot of cheap stuff if you shop around. I have a Merrino wool sweather my mom fount for $6 at an outlet. It was being marketed as a causel sweater not an outdoor one but I don't...

In GEAR » Inexpensive Alternatives
February 04, 3:25pm

Hat
PM sent on hat.

In Gear Swap » FS: Native Sunglasses, Patagonia El Ray LS shirt, Mountain Hardware Compressor Beanie
February 04, 1:49pm

Dog Booties Idea
I met a couple hiking the Colorado Trail with their dog. They had problems because over time the booties would chaff their dog's ankles at the top of the booty. They'd tried everything an...

In Gear Lists » Going Backpacking for 2 years with my brother and my dog.
February 04, 12:10am

Insulation
"Or would I want something more windproof for the Sierras" If you mean a windproof fleece I would NOT buy that. You can get the same thing by layering a light windshirt or raincoat ov...

In Gear Lists » 2012 PCT list
February 03, 11:45pm

Re That Photo
For all I know that photo could be of a poorly done MYOG tarp or something staged just to show what that kind of failure looks like. May not be a likely event but hopeufully we get some more objec...

In Make Your Own Gear » SevenD/Momentum 50/WPB Cuben/eVent Somebody stop the madness!!!
February 03, 10:24pm

Re How's this for a plan
Looks good to me James. In the Ashville area I'd check out Shining Rock wilderness (actually I think I already mentioned it). Its scenic and cooler up there. I've only been in Linnvill...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best one week hike in lower 48
February 03, 8:18pm

Very Interesting plus another idea
Very interesting to follow your project, glad its coming together. Here's another idea for those who don't want a lighter PFD but don't want to go the inflatable route. How about ...

In Packrafting » MYOG Inflatable PFD - Progress Journal
February 03, 5:48pm

Re WTB Warm weather synthetic quilt
If you don't find a good deal on a used on here are a couple options. 1. Enlightened Equipment Quilts 2. Mountain Laurel Designs 3. Make one yourself. I'll admit I haven't made...

In Gear Swap » WTB Warm weather synthetic quilt
February 02, 9:20pm

Awesome Quilt
By the way thats an awesome project you did there! I tried this once with a 2 pound 40 degree bag. It went down to about 19 oz but the demensions were wrong. I shortened it a bit and it just did...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sleeping Bag to quilt
February 02, 7:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.