Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1301 - 1310 of 2265 | Page: 1 ...122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ...227

Forum » Thread

Site Selection
I'm going to say "normally" they are unnecessary with two qualifiers. First if it rains hard enough even a site that looks very good can be wet. Once in Colorado I camped near t...

In GEAR » Are bathtub floors necessary?
April 16, 10:51pm

Re David
David thanks for the idea on the HMG packs, not sure which one of us the tip was for but thanks. Yeah thats a bit more than I can pay right now. I'm thinking of making a "poorman's&q...

In GEAR » Anything better than a 70L Jam (older Pinnacle) for my needs?
April 15, 10:25pm

Re Re Packs
I'm in a similar situation because I've come to prefer a short therma rest to a foam pad, at least in some areas. If I'm carrying a really like SUL load I feel like the thermarest will...

April 15, 8:26pm

Re Re Michael
Yes the pattern is basically the same as the pattern in "Five Yards to SUL." I just added a hipbelnt and changed the pockets and compression system.

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: Backpack Design
April 15, 8:21pm

Packs
Michael here are my thoughts on some of those packs. It sounds like the Pinnacle is just barely carrying the load you need it to carry. In my opinion the Pinnacle and Jam carry loads about ...

April 15, 7:01pm

Michael's Questions
Michael I'll do my best to answer your questions. >"So you started carrying a longer CCF pad (at least fr a while) so you could fold it instead of roll it?" Yep I went to R...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: Backpack Design
April 15, 6:40pm

Frameless
In my opinion the advantage of a frameless pack is that its simpler and lighter. The Pursuit has already been built up as an internal frame pack. It has the nicer hipbelt, the sleave for the fram...

In GEAR » GoLite Pursuit frameless?
April 14, 9:23pm

Two Ideas
Charles I couldn't get your link to work for some reason but here are two ideas from what you've mentioned. If you really want to go SUL I suggest trying a weekend trip or two with cold ...

In Gear Lists » Summer List for a 1st Time SUL'er
April 14, 5:13pm

Our Families Experience
Well people have been doing this for thousands of years but that doens't mean it was alway a fun experience. You want to enjoy this not survive. My family took babies camping in fairly cold...

In GEAR » Camping with infants below freezing?
April 10, 8:54pm

Re Take Less Pay More
I don't think its a bad looking pack but the market for sub 1 pound frameless packs seems kind crowded right now so I don't think this pack will be a cash cow for GG. On the other hand I i...

In GEAR » New Gossamer Gear Kumo pack Dyneema X
April 07, 11:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.