Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1301 - 1310 of 2126 | Page: 1 ...122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ...213

Forum » Thread

Re Re argue
Actually I like that font choice.

In Chaff » Argue.
February 18, 3:05pm

Re Skurka's Book
Paul if you are working so hard why are you on the internet:)

In GEAR » Skurka's Book. It has arrived.
February 18, 11:59am

Probably nothing
I'll second the motion that you probably don't need anything. However if you do want something I'd guess the SPOT is your cheapest option, I don't know if they're rented. Basi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT Hike - Emergency planning for Overseas Visitors
February 18, 10:58am

F.S. Make Your Own Gear Tarptent
This is a floorless tarptent a friend of mine made and gave too me (after a mouse ran across her face in an AT shelter she decided she wanted something completely enclosed). I'm selling it bec...

In Gear Swap » F.S. Make Your Own Gear Tarptent
February 18, 10:28am

FS. Mountain Laurel Designs Burn
Size Large MLD Burn. Almost perfect condition. I bought it barely used from a member and used it three times myself. Its a nicely made pack it just doesn't fit me quite right. Asking $130...

In Gear Swap » FS. Mountain Laurel Designs Burn
February 18, 10:07am

Re John
John the CT is great, let me know if you ever want to try it. You nailed the big problem with the CT. The longest distance between resupply points is from Princeton Hot Springs to Molas Pass (...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike?
February 17, 8:53pm

Re Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike
I don't think going SUL would be as hard on the AT. I think it would be a lot harder on a western trail where resupplies are farther apert. I could have lived with SUL gear on the Colorado ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike?
February 17, 8:22pm

New Jam
According to the link the new Jam 35 has the "wishbone" hipbelt. This will be a huge improvement on the current one. Its hard to tell but the extension colar looks better too. I want...

In GEAR » 2012 Golite Jam
February 17, 7:13pm

Awesome
That picture is so true. People really did think those things about me. Question - How many people carry a SPOT or similar device just to make their mom, wife or girlfriend happy? I know I do.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Funny Thru Hiking Picture
February 17, 7:08pm

Modded Pinnacle
If you did anything creative to the Pinnacle I'd be interested in seeing how you did it. I think if the pack is comfortable and your baseweight is reasonable its not worth sweeting too much ...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail 2012 Gear List
February 16, 10:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.