BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1301 - 1310 of 2098 | Page: 1 ...122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ...210

Forum » Thread

One place to watch
One place to watch out for is the trail into Breckenridge. There were lots of down trees there that might have taken out trail markers. A lot of intersections were unmarked and the official guide...

In GEAR » CT Topo Map Book
February 10, 7:16pm

Burn Compression its a good thing
Definately keep those straps. I have a standard burn and I find out that the lack of a normal compression system is a problem. I find the load shifts around particularly at the bottom of the pack...

In GEAR » Burn compression
February 10, 7:11pm

Foods
The foods I eat are as follows -Chocalate -Gorp (some it gets old if you eat too much) -Chocalate -Dried Fruit (Mostly crasins, this stuff is expensives doesnt' have a lot of calories and s...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Ditching the stove and my new SUL gear list
February 09, 4:37pm

Here's some ideas
In July you will have thunderstorms in the afternoon so you need to plan on being off the high areas by 12:00. The Wimenuche Wilderness is big enough to have some good options. 1. Go up Vallac...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Seeking a good Colorado loop for youth
February 09, 4:20pm

Re Custom
Yeah we'll see. There's no major hikes on the immediate horizon so I can wait a bit. I'm switching careers and next fall I might be in a position to spend a bit more money. I'm s...

In GEAR » I need a new pack
February 08, 8:28pm

No Stoving
I had some problems with boil in a bag meals at high elevations. The boiling point was so low that my food wasn't cooked very well. Besides that I didn't like my meals that much anyway. ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Ditching the stove and my new SUL gear list
February 08, 6:29pm

Re Re Cilo
If they've improved on it that might be the perfect answer than. From the review it sounded like the pack put most of the weight on the shoulders and the hipbelt didn't do much. There was...

February 08, 3:07pm

Re Mike
Thanks Mike, yes I know I'm asking a lot, maybe more than I'll get without going the custom route. I'll take a look at a Crown when they show up. It might do the trick if the fabric...

February 08, 6:01am

Re zpacks
No I'm not against 2 packs but 3 or 4 is a bit much for my closet space and its probably not the best use of funds. I'm going to keep a SUL pack around because I'm often doing weekend ...

February 07, 9:09pm

Cilogear
Hum thats something to think about Dave. I wasn't sure about Cilogear though. Their frames didn't look like they mated to the hipbelt real well so I was assuming they would be limited to ...

February 07, 8:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.