Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1301 - 1310 of 2277 | Page: 1 ...122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ...228

Forum » Thread

VA
I have not done St. Mary's but I hear its good, and I believe you can do a loop there. Grayson Highlands is a bit of a drive but its amazing. The AT and the Crest Trail make a loop through so...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Virginia recommendations
April 23, 10:31am

Pack etc.
You could cut some odds and ends off the list to cut weight a bit. The most significant savings would probably be 1. Lighter pack, if you have $80 I'd suggest buying a Golite Jam (50 lite...

In Gear Lists » Tear apart my list, please!
April 23, 10:04am

Not the end of the world but...
I'd agree with Paul that its not the end of the world. On the other hand I'd argue its not a healthy thing for an individual kid. Kids I've known with overprotective parents seem...

In Chaff » Study: "One third of parents will not let children do ‘risky activities’ like climbing trees"
April 23, 9:45am

What was the bear thinking?
Funny video but I wonder "How do bears like this make it through hunting season?"

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who needs Bear Spray?
April 21, 10:24pm

The problem with "helicopter" parenting
Okay so what happens when an over protected kid goes off to college? If they havne't learned good decision making skills in grade school they'll have to develop them the hard way as young ...

In Chaff » Study: "One third of parents will not let children do ‘risky activities’ like climbing trees"
April 19, 6:42pm

I'll take it
I'll take it.

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Shangri-la 1 Nest new with tags
April 18, 11:24pm

Re Many Suggest
Good grief we definately coddle our kids too much these days. I got my first knife at age 7 and a hunting knife that could have done serious damage at age 8. We were always out in the woods on so...

April 18, 11:22pm

Heres the problem
From the way you describe your Osprey pack it really sounds like it was too small for your body size. Edit - Here are some pictures to make this all clearer. Here is a pack that is too...

In GEAR » Comfortable load for a golite Jam2/3?
April 18, 8:26pm

Put Chad first he needs it more
Chad if you already have a pack that will fit this belt you go ahead of me in line. I can make my own if I need to so its not a huge deal to me.

In Gear Swap » FS (shipping cost only): ULA P-2 hip belt (L)
April 18, 11:41am

More info please
I might be interested in using it for a MYOG project. Normally though I wear a medium hipbelt. Can this cinch down to about 31-32 inches?

In Gear Swap » FS (shipping cost only): ULA P-2 hip belt (L)
April 18, 10:41am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.