Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1301 - 1310 of 2137 | Page: 1 ...122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ...214

Forum » Thread

Re Re San Juans
+1 Matthew I think the main advantage of know where there is shelter is it helps you manage risks better. For example if I'd known the area in the Holy Cross Wilderness wasn't that expose...

In Gear Lists » CT 2012 Gear List (Revised)
February 19, 5:13pm

Snow and Chocalate
I missed the June date. Yes check on snow. I go solo but I've had close calls in snow so I'd have a backup plan if snow is a problem. By chocalate I meant the bars you make s'mores w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Winds, solo?
February 18, 10:48pm

Emergancy Gear
If you're carrying a minimal tarp why not make it a poncho tarp (assuming you don't already have a rain coat)? If you sprain an ankle and have to hobble out a poncho helps keep you drier a...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Trail running Emergency Bivy Kit
February 18, 8:17pm

Re Re More Ideas and some trail ideas.
Well if you're happy with what you have more power to you. Some people here might consider 10 pounds a bit heavy but Andy Skurka's gear list seems to average 8-10 pounds and I don't ...

February 18, 8:06pm

Elevation
I think a loop hike is a good idea. If you get sick just go back. I would not plan to ambitiously but I wouldn't sweet it either. For me I feel elevation at 8000 but its not a huge deal. It...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Winds, solo?
February 18, 7:45pm

More Ideas
Your gear list looks very solid to me. Pack With all due respect to Andy Skurka I think he has a different taste in packs than I do. I'm not saying its wrong just different than mine. H...

February 18, 7:27pm

ideas
Extra socks in resupplies are a very good idea. The trail was very dusty when I was there. I would NOT cut up the Pinnacle. That foam backpanel gives the pinnacle a better carrying capacity (W...

February 18, 7:17pm

Re Stupid
I don't think its stupid Daryl. Its a perfectly legitamit question - White font on black background or black font on white background?

In Chaff » Argue.
February 18, 6:30pm

Re Argue
Who ar YuO to judg hiz spelin?

In Chaff » Argue.
February 18, 4:27pm

Re Re Re Argue
Who said I was being difficult Franco... thats just your opinion:)

In Chaff » Argue.
February 18, 4:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.