Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1301 - 1310 of 2218 | Page: 1 ...122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ...222

Forum » Thread

Re Re White rice is killing you
So lets see... I can't eat red meat (or possibly any meat) I can't eat white rice I can't have diary I can't be a vegatarian I can't eat wheat I can't eat ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » White rice is killing you
March 16, 4:51pm

The Point of Cairns to begin with...
In my opinion the real point of cairns is to mark trails so lets discuss trails which aren't LNT either. 1. Trails are probably inevitable - Trails generally lead to popular spots like peak...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cairns and LNT?
March 16, 11:47am

Re Snow or No Snow
Stephen has a good point. Its not just a matter of conviences. The more people are able to follow the real trail the less likely they are to beat scores of unofficial routes (not LNT). I don&#...

In Philosophy & Technique » Cairns and LNT?
March 16, 10:58am

Water
Glad to help a bit Shawn. You seem like you have a solid understanding of your gear. Hope you have a good time. Cachotopa Hills is probably the longest dry stretch but don't remember the fin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trail Unsupported Gear List
March 14, 2:08pm

Re Comments
Good points. I believe the issue of bear spray running out was addressed in one of the old print versions of BPL. Ryan Jordan mentioned using the spray (I think it was Counter Assault) that laste...

In On the Web » Study: Guns not fool-proof against bear attack
March 14, 7:57am

Gear and Weather Thoughts
Shawn I was out on the trail from mid August to Early September. Here are a few thoughts. Over all it looks like a very solid list but here are a few thoughts. Shelter I'd be a bit nerv...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trail Unsupported Gear List
March 13, 10:07pm

Coating
Good write up David. Most of us probably haven't tried non-WPB raingear (except ponchos) so its good to remember it could always be worse. Thanks for the side bar on the DWR coating, I was ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Waterproof-Breathable Jackets: 2012 State of the Market Report
March 13, 6:56pm

Water shoes
Call me crazy but I wear socks inside my watershoes. Sure they get wet but they help keep my feet from chaffing when the shoes inevitably get sand or mud inside them. I use cheap polyester socks ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Footwear Options for Canoeing the Boundry Waters
March 13, 6:53pm

Very Nice
Looks very well done. I'll be interested to hear how it works out for you. All my MYOG packs have been frameless but I'm looking at making something similar with a frame in it.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben Hybrid Pack
March 13, 6:42pm

Re Reading
Interesting story (I'm not surprised that poltics was involved) but they didn't really say "no red meat" as far as I can tell. Where are the studies that actually said "don&...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Red meat is killing you
March 13, 11:16am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.