Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Patrick S (xpatrickxad) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Upper East TN
About Me Patrick S has not added a biography yet.
StateTN
My Website URLhttp://patrickofeasttn.blogspot.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Patrick S

Showing 131 - 140 of 178 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

re: Re-entering society after a long distance hike
I think you might be making a bigger deal out of it than it is. The AT especially is a very social trail and you're in town generally every few days so its not like you've been out in the m...

In GEAR » Re-entering society after a long distance hike
November 03, 2:14pm

re: Fall In Shining Rock
Good trip report. I was there for a few days and left the day before. I keep missing other BPLers on the trail. I love that area and its becoming one of my favorites rather fast. You should'...

In Post-Trip Reports » Fall in Shining Rock Wilderness, NC 10/22
November 01, 6:34pm

Shining Rock Loop 10/20-10/21
I took a nice overnight to enjoy the fall colors, the warm weather and to celebrate my birthday. I put up a real report and plenty of photos on my blog. patrickofeasttn.blogspot.com

In Post-Trip Reports » Shining Rock Loop 10/20-10/21
October 22, 3:47pm

z-lite flattening
I don't see you having a problem. I used mine on my AT thru and it is noticeably flatter now, but I still find it comfortable. And it definitely took longer than a few weeks for me. It was a pr...

In GEAR » most comfy foam pad
October 18, 1:45pm

Westcomb eVent Hardshells
I personally hate pit-zips. They don't make me any cooler and in a hard rain they tend to leak (not worth it to me before you even consider weight). I seem to end up spending a large amount of ...

In GEAR » Westcomb eVent Hardshells
September 16, 10:15pm

Walmart hydration bladder
I'd bring a back-up system. I have taken a friend hiking a few times and he always buys one. It usually last about 2 miles before it spontaneously starts leaking, one time he had one that start...

In GEAR » Walmart hydration bladder
September 09, 11:44am

Shining Rock Wilderness 8/10-8/11
@Brian: you're not the first one to tell me they got confused there. It seems to be a real tricky spot for most everyone. Which makes me feel better. @Chris: A majority of my hiking history ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Shining Rock Wilderness 8/10-8/11
August 24, 9:22pm

Smokies AT Traverse
Looks like a good trip. We definitely needed the rain, but its a bummer it affected your trip. But hey it HAS to rain otherwise its not the Smokies! right? Too bad it was cloudy on that stretch nea...

In Post-Trip Reports » Smokies AT Traverse
August 24, 10:11am

Thanks for the comments, guys. @Tom: I know what you're saying. A majority of my local hikes involve NC/TN balds and clear nights up there are few and far between for sure. But it sure is gr...

August 24, 9:54am

I headed out for a quick overnight that didn't turn out exactly how I planned. Full report and pictures here: http://patrickofeasttn.blogspot.com/

August 12, 8:54am

All Reader Reviews by Patrick S

Patrick S has posted no reviews.