Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 131 - 140 of 3305 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...331

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: LNT - Craig
I know who you're talking about. I've been snow camping in Icehouse and had my entire camp, even the inside of my tent, inspected by the same older Koreans in the morning. They throw some...

In Philosophy & Technique » LEAVE NO TRACE
September 11, 3:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: LNT
I've not chastised anybody for being LNT or not. Apparently lots of people have had issues with this. That's too bad. But of greater concern to me than whether or not we have "LNT...

September 11, 3:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re: LNT
That berry comment was an attempt at sarcastic humor. I'd still love to know what is wrong with that list.

September 11, 3:16pm

Re: Re: Re: re: LNT
Here are the seven principles of the LNT curriculum. Ken posted them earlier, this link goes into slightly more detail. __________________________________ https://lnt.org/learn/7-principles\...

September 11, 3:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John Muir Trail speed records - a question of style
So what qualifies as a "full fledged" outdoor pursuit then? First time I've heard of this new category but it already sounds like it's a rabbit hole of purist arguments about e...

In Philosophy & Technique » John Muir Trail speed records - a question of style
September 11, 12:51pm

Re: Re: LNT/harvesting
It seems to me that for a lot of people this LNT question is more of an anti-authority issue than anything else. I seriously don't understand what gets people so bent out of shape over an acro...

September 11, 10:39am

LNT
So one camp thinks it's all a green fascist marketing ploy. Another camp gets into debating semantics and whether or not anything can really be leave NO trace and tries to invalidate the entir...

September 09, 10:44am

Re: Re: LEAVE NO TRACE
+1 on Jared Diamond. I love this topic. ________ "But what have we got right and what have we got wrong since then as modern civilization has developed? I think that we forget how gen...

September 09, 12:49am

Re: Re: Re: Kat and Bob
I think they should at the very least be giving you gear Kat. Your work is good and they're turning your time, effort, and even risk in the field into a driver for their profit. I know you...

In Photography » Native Advertising: Photo Ownership rights
September 08, 10:25pm

Re: Re: Native Advertising: Photo Ownership rights
If somebody wants to give away their work, nobody can stop them. What I find a little disconcerting about this trend is the potentially negative impact it has on working, professional artists. ...

In Photography » Native Advertising: Photo Ownership rights
September 08, 8:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm