Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 131 - 140 of 3506 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...351

Forum » Thread

Truce.
The current was strong, kelp laid sideways, particles flowing past the lens of my mask. It took considerable effort to stay in place, constantly kicking against a river. Visibility wasn’t bad, ...

In Chaff » Truce.
March 09, 9:52am

Of the Rock I Asked for the Moon
A refreshing alternative to the cussing and grunting males I'm usually surrounded by at the crag and the gym.... Of the Rock I Asked for the Moon: Bertrand Delapierre/Stéphanie Bodet cl...

In Chaff » Of the Rock I Asked for the Moon
March 06, 9:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: FS: Black ULA Catalyst L/L
Yup, they're ceramic electrical knobs. Clever folk back then. I should post some pictures of all my late 19th/early 20th century woodworking tools….

In Gear Swap » FS: Black ULA Catalyst L/L
March 03, 9:12pm

Re: Re: FS: Black ULA Catalyst L/L
Built by my great grandfather….Many of the drawer interiors are shotgun ammo crates and fruit crates. That old thing is one of my prized possessions!

March 03, 7:52pm

FS: Black ULA Catalyst L/L
****************SOLD******************** Excellent condition. SIze Large/Large, J shoulder straps. All accessories included (water bottle shoulder straps, bladder pouch inner, zipper mesh inne...

March 03, 7:29pm

Using hiking clothes in everyday life.
I surf almost daily before work so my Patagonia Houdini, Montbell Thermawrap jacket, and Patagonia Wayfarer board shorts get tons of use. Integral Designs hot socks get worn for the drive to the b...

In GEAR » Using hiking clothes in everyday life.
February 26, 11:15am

Andy Goldsworthy
An excerpt from Rivers and Tides. Andy has been doing his thing for a long time now....if you haven't seen his work I highly recommend it, especially as outdoors folk. Andy Goldsworthy: R...

In Chaff » Andy Goldsworthy
February 25, 7:40pm

Gou Miyagi
Here's one for all you (ex?)skateboarders...Gou has to be one of the more creative riders I've seen. Pure artistry. Gou Miyagi

In Chaff » Gou Miyagi
February 24, 6:40pm

Re: Thoughts
Callous, cocksure, irreverent....I like it. But even better, those seeking to characterize my posts as scandalous, character-defaming libel of the utmost degree now have an entirely new boogeyma...

In GEAR » Skurka and Sierra Designs team up for gear
February 23, 6:02pm

Ugghhhh...
"In other news, reading comprehension in America has reached an all time low..." :)

In GEAR » Skurka and Sierra Designs team up for gear
February 22, 7:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm