BPL Community Profile

chris kersten (xanadu) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale here
About Me chris kersten has not added a biography yet.
CitySulphur Springs
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by chris kersten

Showing 131 - 140 of 140 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

income vs. ultralight
I would like to know this. I see a lot of people tell you to throw out an expensive piece of gear in favor of a more expensive, but one ounce lighter, piece of gear. I have a limited budget to work...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking for a correlation
May 07, 5:08pm

Delorme
It's a different brand but I was looking for a Garmin, and someone told me to try a Delorme pn-40 ($240 on ebay) I am so happy with it. All of the maps were included and it works great. Small s...

In GEAR » Replacement GPS for Garmin Vista HCX?
May 06, 11:47am

favorite pack
Mine is my golite jam2 with all of the extra weight off. My favorite non-ultralite pack is my gregory z55. It just oozes quality and fits well. (but has about 100 buckles that you have to mess with...

In GEAR » Favorite UL Backpack
May 04, 11:11am

jetboil
I was a little worried about carving up a brand new jetboil, But I knew that I could get new parts for it pretty easy and cheap. New cup is about $40. When I bought one, it was the most popular sto...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightning my Jetboil
May 02, 11:47am

jetboil
Making my jetboil lighter and more usefull is not really bragging is it?

May 01, 9:42pm

me too
I went after mine with the dremel. I wanted to keep the features that I like about it; Igniter, flux ring, cup that locks to the stove, insulated holder. I left the plastic base on and spent a few ...

April 30, 6:45pm

tarptent contrail
I wanted to add some info. I am 6'1" so the interior length is vital and I sometimes use a 25" wide by 75" long pad so that would be nice if it fit well. Almost all of my trips a...

In GEAR » Tarptent questions
April 30, 4:56pm

Tarptent questions
I'm new here and have been searching past threads. I was looking for a good light tent and I see a lot of debate between the Moment and Sublite. Does the Contrail offer the best of both worlds?...

In GEAR » Tarptent questions
April 30, 1:40pm

pictures
Do you have any pictures or links to the website? Thanks.

In Gear Swap » Terra Nova Bivy Tarp Tent FS
April 27, 11:08am

Texas backpacking
I live in East Texas and I'm looking for new places. I was headed for the 4C trail but heard that it was 20 miles of flat ground with bad water. I started going up to Arkansas to the Ouchita Mo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Texas Backpacking?
April 26, 2:12pm

All Reader Reviews by chris kersten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
Yeah, I have to go the other way on these guys. I ordered a jacket on clearance and they are the only ones that have it for that price. I paid for 2nd day shipping. I get an email 3 days later saying ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 11:17am

gossamer murmur
I am not going to hype up the good points. The GG website does a good job of showing the features. It is light and well made. I will point out the flaws that could be better. First the compression s...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 16, 1:11pm

Marmot Atom
I'm not going to say much since this has been reviewed allready. I just want to say the bag is made with great quality and is very light. The pictures don't show how pretty the red material is...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 13, 2:00pm