November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

will sawyer (wjsawyer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Connecticut
About Me will sawyer has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by will sawyer

Showing 131 - 140 of 216 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Re: how low (temperature) could you go with this?
Brett, the insulating layers I brought last time, and will be planning to bring, are the following: 100wt fleece(?oz) thin wool longjohns (5.8oz) light hat (2.1oz) maybe gloves (2.0oz) houdini...

In GEAR » how low (temperature) could you go with this?
November 29, 7:13am

Re: Layering sleeping gear at high altitude
i don't think needing to pee during the night is a result of dropped blood pressure/volume and the body getting rid of that liquid. Even while awake your bladder fills, and this i would think i...

In Philosophy & Technique » Layering sleeping gear at high altitude
November 28, 7:49pm

Mansfield area shelters?
I'm thinking about going for a one or two night trip around here during christmas time. My question is regarding shelters, Butler Lodge and Taft Lodge are both fee/caretaker types in the summer...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mansfield area shelters?
November 28, 7:39pm

I've done a bit of testing the past few nights, and I'm forced to agree with what most of you are saying. Last night I went to sleep at around 60*(according to wall thermostat) after doing ...

In GEAR » how low (temperature) could you go with this?
November 28, 6:41pm

Re:Better sleep layer in quilt
from my experience I would try pulling your arms into the vest, seems to work quite well. Or you could un-zip the vest and drape it over you, again, keeping your arms under it.

In GEAR » Better sleep layer in quilt
November 28, 3:50pm

Re:Lightweight shell pants and windshirts
Ryan, I imagine you would just end up with a wet wind jacket and layers, versus just wet layers. You might see some benefit from the sweat being spread out over more stuff, so everything is less we...

In GEAR » Lightweight shell pants and windshirts
November 28, 1:05pm

Re: Denali Gear List - mittens
rather than an extra pair, if you are worried about dropping them or setting them down, you could just sew a 6 or so foot long string between the two, and then thread that through one of your layer...

In Gear Lists » Denali Gear List
November 26, 12:50pm

Re: Tougher feet?
Steve, for blisters or sore spots on the ball of your foot, I would check out what insole you are using, specifically the material of it. I do a lot of my running in shoes without any insole, and u...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tougher feet?
November 25, 8:45am

Re: Running pack for unsupported trips
Art, don't assume too highly of my planning, quite a few things are still up in the air. However i have most of my gear list down, and tonight got a scale so I'll be posting what I have sho...

In GEAR » Running pack for unsupported trips
November 24, 9:20pm

gear spot?
Whenever I read 'the g-spot' i mentally heard 'the gear spot.' they could have at least changed it to 'the gear spot' which is more similar and more exciting than just ...

In GEAR » Thank God this section is no longer titled the G-spot
November 24, 8:13pm

All Reader Reviews by will sawyer

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Inov-8 Company Review
I love their products, but haven't dealt with the company directly until recently. I sent them an email asking if I could get a discount on a pack and what I would be using it for. I got a respons...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 14, 11:09am

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
I received my overboots in the mail today, a day earlier than predicted. Previously I had emailed Joel when I heard about these as I wasn't sure they were exactly what I was looking for, and I was...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 07, 3:55pm