BPL Community Profile

will sawyer (wjsawyer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Connecticut
About Me will sawyer has not added a biography yet.
CityRiverside
StateConnecticut
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by will sawyer

Showing 131 - 140 of 216 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Re: how low (temperature) could you go with this?
Brett, the insulating layers I brought last time, and will be planning to bring, are the following: 100wt fleece(?oz) thin wool longjohns (5.8oz) light hat (2.1oz) maybe gloves (2.0oz) houdini...

In GEAR » how low (temperature) could you go with this?
November 29, 7:13am

Re: Layering sleeping gear at high altitude
i don't think needing to pee during the night is a result of dropped blood pressure/volume and the body getting rid of that liquid. Even while awake your bladder fills, and this i would think i...

In Philosophy & Technique » Layering sleeping gear at high altitude
November 28, 7:49pm

Mansfield area shelters?
I'm thinking about going for a one or two night trip around here during christmas time. My question is regarding shelters, Butler Lodge and Taft Lodge are both fee/caretaker types in the summer...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mansfield area shelters?
November 28, 7:39pm

Update
I've done a bit of testing the past few nights, and I'm forced to agree with what most of you are saying. Last night I went to sleep at around 60*(according to wall thermostat) after doing ...

In GEAR » how low (temperature) could you go with this?
November 28, 6:41pm

Re:Better sleep layer in quilt
from my experience I would try pulling your arms into the vest, seems to work quite well. Or you could un-zip the vest and drape it over you, again, keeping your arms under it.

In GEAR » Better sleep layer in quilt
November 28, 3:50pm

Re:Lightweight shell pants and windshirts
Ryan, I imagine you would just end up with a wet wind jacket and layers, versus just wet layers. You might see some benefit from the sweat being spread out over more stuff, so everything is less we...

In GEAR » Lightweight shell pants and windshirts
November 28, 1:05pm

Re: Denali Gear List - mittens
rather than an extra pair, if you are worried about dropping them or setting them down, you could just sew a 6 or so foot long string between the two, and then thread that through one of your layer...

In Gear Lists » Denali Gear List
November 26, 12:50pm

Re: Tougher feet?
Steve, for blisters or sore spots on the ball of your foot, I would check out what insole you are using, specifically the material of it. I do a lot of my running in shoes without any insole, and u...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tougher feet?
November 25, 8:45am

Re: Running pack for unsupported trips
Art, don't assume too highly of my planning, quite a few things are still up in the air. However i have most of my gear list down, and tonight got a scale so I'll be posting what I have sho...

In GEAR » Running pack for unsupported trips
November 24, 9:20pm

gear spot?
Whenever I read 'the g-spot' i mentally heard 'the gear spot.' they could have at least changed it to 'the gear spot' which is more similar and more exciting than just ...

In GEAR » Thank God this section is no longer titled the G-spot
November 24, 8:13pm

All Reader Reviews by will sawyer

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Inov-8 Company Review
I love their products, but haven't dealt with the company directly until recently. I sent them an email asking if I could get a discount on a pack and what I would be using it for. I got a respons...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 14, 11:09am

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
I received my overboots in the mail today, a day earlier than predicted. Previously I had emailed Joel when I heard about these as I wasn't sure they were exactly what I was looking for, and I was...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 07, 3:55pm