Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Wills (willspower3) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale David Wills hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me 25 years old. AT 2009, PCT 2011.
StateGA
CountryUSA or S. Korea
My PDF Gear ListPCT 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Wills

Showing 131 - 140 of 479 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...48

Forum » Thread

Re: Monitor Comment
I haven't noticed anything particularly interesting as far as mainstream gear is concerned. There is an infinite number of cheap down and synthetic jackets with minimal features and nice stylin...

In Chaff » What's Going on with MontBell Site? Anyone Knows Japanese?
February 10, 3:47am

Re: Re: Re: What's Going on with MontBell Site? Anyone Knows Japanese?"
Im in Korea right now. Been here for a month and will be for another year or so. I've found all the Koreans I have encountered to be very nice, helpful, and kind people. All countries have a bi...

In Chaff » What's Going on with MontBell Site? Anyone Knows Japanese?
February 09, 6:38am

Re: "Training for a speed hike."
The biggest problem i have ever had with consecutive big miles isn't conditioning, but joint health. Doing 30+ are always a huge pain on my feet and knees. I don't know how to strengthen th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training for a speed hike.
January 27, 11:00pm

Re: Re: "Mesh, sil-nylon or 4-way stretch for side pockets on backpack?"
John, I really like that pack. The double pockets look great. Rusty, I made a few packs with 4 way stretch pockets. Only complaint was that they dried very slowly and slowed the drying of the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Mesh, sil-nylon or 4-way stretch for side pockets on backpack?
January 25, 5:48am

Re: Who's planning a thru-hike?
CDT 2011. I did the AT in 2009 and talked to a lot of people who did the PCT and enjoyed it, including my college roommate who did it in 2009. I was ready to roll. It sounds like such a great mix ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who's planning a thru-hike?
January 25, 5:19am

Re: plz read
I would rebut your claim about a non mature market. The active harness pack would have no place in the UL community, how ever neat the scaled up shake flashlight idea is. People have already made f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Groupthink at camp MYOG..
January 14, 11:28pm

Re: Groupthink at camp MYOG..
Bill F. influenced me to make a quilt too small. Luckily, that led me to making a top bag out of it having a lighter warmer piece of gear than would otherwise be usable. This is the first I h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Groupthink at camp MYOG..
January 14, 5:50am

Re: Apex
i would guess when the suppliers run out of XP. may take a while

In Make Your Own Gear » Climashield Apex
December 18, 9:03pm

Re: Synthetic Quilt Temperature Rating Question
that old thickness formula is pretty well disproven and outdated. I can't believe Ray would still use that in his books, especially considering his engineering background. The guide used on t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Synthetic Quilt Temperature Rating Question
December 15, 10:21pm

Re: You Knew It Was a Bad Idea, But...
great deal on shoes that were obviously too small- Innov8 flyroc or some such size 11 nonsense. several blisters and numb feet later, my roommate got a nice gift

In GEAR » You Knew It Was a Bad Idea, But...
December 13, 5:19pm

All Reader Reviews by David Wills

David Wills has posted no reviews.