Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mat Tallman (wehtaM) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Mat Tallman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mat Tallman

Showing 131 - 140 of 235 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Re: quilt
PM Sent

In Gear Swap » WTB: Summer quilt, 35-40 deg preferred
February 28, 8:09pm

Re: quilt
Funny you should mention it, I just bought one, just got it in today. Problem I have with it is, the recycled fabric used on the thing doesn't compress very well; the thing takes up almost as ...

February 28, 6:57pm

WTB: Summer quilt, 35-40 deg preferred
Like the title says, I'm looking to pick up some manner of UL summer quilt for use in the Midwest and East. 40ish deg rating (or equivalent loft), some wiggle room on that. I'm 5'-10&...

February 28, 6:22pm

Re: Cuben Tarps with beaks?
Joe at Zpacks might be willing to dream something up for you, they sell a standard 8x10 cuben tarp, and their website says they're willing to work with customers on custom orders. This doesn&#...

In GEAR » Cuben Tarps with beaks?
February 27, 8:17pm

Re: Shelter Pictures - Stormy conditions
Franco, A perfect cube in laminar flow is not necessarily a very fair analog to a boulder in alpine winds (read: largely turbulent flow). Lots of variables exist that would affect the region of...

In GEAR » Shelter Pictures - Stormy conditions
February 27, 7:45pm

Re: MYOG duomid
That mid appears to be in one of the worst spots around in that picture. It appears that there are some large boulders down the valley a bit that would have made great windbreaks in those conditio...

In GEAR » Shelter Pictures - Stormy conditions
February 27, 5:57pm

Re: Re: pack recommendation for world travel
"Have any of you thought about using a smaller backpack w/ few extraneous pockets/mesh that you could also use for an overnight backpacking trip (multiuse for a pack) or is that making too man...

In GEAR » pack recommendation for world travel
February 26, 7:09pm

sealing
FYI to all, bottles are not intended to seal via the threads (re the teflon tape advice), the top of the cap itself either seats into the top of the neck of the bottle, or against the top face of t...

In GEAR » Any idea where to get a new one of these?
February 26, 6:25pm

Re: Re: break even point
I figured the difference was probably mostly in the fuel usage. Since I use around an ounce a day if I'm having 2 hot meals (less obviously if only 1 hot) my break even point is much further d...

In GEAR » Fastest alcohol boil with a mug type pot
February 25, 9:09pm

feet
If you're anything like me, which your experiences lead me to believe you may be, the addition of a dual use sit pad/foot pad could work wonders. Just putting my pack beneath my feet left th...

In GEAR » How to take my 3/4 length Prolite Plus down to 20F
February 25, 9:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Mat Tallman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

e-OMC (Oregon Mountain Community) Customer Service
Bought a pair of shoes from them (Montrail Mountain Masochists) and got them quickly, as advertised, for a good price. Ordered an Integral Designs Siltarp which leaked terribly out of the box (not ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 26, 1:32pm