BPL Community Profile

Larry Dyer (veriest1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Born 1984; raised in the sticks; grew up hiking, riding bikes, and camping; decided to combine them in 2009.
StateTX
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry Dyer

Showing 131 - 140 of 465 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...47

Forum » Thread

Yep.
They're sold out. I'm checking the site daily for the corkscrews.

In Gear Deals » Titanium Tent Stakes
January 22, 11:42pm

Mirror mirror?
I really thought this thread was going to be asking about the lightest mirror for trail use.... Anyway, I'm a tinkerer. I try to "improve" almost everything I own and this certain...

In GEAR » "Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the lightest of them all?"
January 22, 1:24pm

Lightest Cup
The lightest cup is no cup! Seriously though, my dad will be glad of your findings. He's always looking for a better/cheaper/lighter/tougher solution to the problem of cooking breakfast whil...

In GEAR » UL Plastic cup find
January 22, 12:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Early BPL...
Agreed. BPL is definitely the most civil forum I've ever been on that's actually active.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Early BPL Article
January 22, 1:54am

Pretty much!
That's pretty much what a friend of mine did! The difference being he went ahead and got some stakes from GG. He's decided it's time to upgrade the tarp though. A better deal on gene...

In GEAR » A dirty little secret about poly tarps--- they are light and {{{cheap}}}
January 22, 1:50am

Anyone else?
Bump for the weekend.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Long SUL 40F Quilt
January 21, 11:30pm

Pockets
I find the hipbelt pockets on the jam are perfect for keeping aqua mira, some suncreen, and lip balm on hand. I keep a Buff in the other one. I guess you could put a small knife there too but I pre...

In GEAR » Packs, Packs, Packs
January 21, 3:55pm

Gatewood Cape
Can you fit in a gatewood cape with inner net? This seems like a good trade off since you can only bring what you'll need when it comes to the bug net and rain gear. You don't have to we...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help Me! I need a 1 person shelter
January 21, 3:34pm

Just saw this
I just saw this. Thanks for posting pics of the cuben newt. I was rather curious about it. I'm the proud owner of item #3. :)

In On the Web » Mountain Laurel Designs Funky Proto Sale 2010
January 21, 3:19pm

Re: Early BPL Article
"it's not heaps of fun sleeping on a 1/4 piece of foam on rock hard ground" Hence why my current 3 season solo list hovers right around 5 pounds basewieght with a 2.5" pad. :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Early BPL Article
January 20, 10:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry Dyer

Larry Dyer has posted no reviews.