Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Susan Papuga (veganaloha) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Susan Papuga has not added a biography yet.
CityHonolulu
StateHawaii
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListJMT 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Susan Papuga

Showing 131 - 140 of 534 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...54

Forum » Thread

Re: JMT Hike Clothing suggestions
Adam, To follow up and on your question about a down jacket. If anything, i would think a lightweight down or synthetic vest would be ample. I have a Montbell Thermawrap synthetic vest that is...

In GEAR » JMT Hike Clothing suggestions
December 31, 1:44am

Re: shelter
Adam, Since you're using a tarp and bivy, and carrying long-john baselayer tops and bottoms, your 40 degree bag may be fine. I went in Aug 2012 when we had a lot of rain. hail and bad weath...

In GEAR » JMT Hike Clothing suggestions
December 31, 1:34am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: nekkid
So what is the answer to Eric's question #1? Inquiring nekked spooners want to know?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Layering while sleeping in a down bag
December 23, 7:22pm

Re: Techniques
hmmmm, to "taste like beef," .... If you're cooking it from scratch, you can infuse the seasonings you want into the mix when you form the "dough." This is where the exp...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Seitan
December 08, 4:35am

GoLite 12 Days of Christmas Sale
Every day they have a different item on sale for that day only . Worth checking out....

In Gear Deals » Golite Jam
December 08, 4:35am

Re: Sleeping Bag Liner as Summer Bag
I have used my sea-to-summit silk liner or a lightweight synthetic fleece liner in warm weather as well as just a beach pareau or nothing other than what I'm wearing in hot weather. Like any g...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Liner as Summer Bag
December 07, 4:35am

Re: Seitan
Seitan is Wheat gluten. You can do amazing, delicous things with it. My favorite is tamari grilled seitan. I love, love, love it! However, to bring it on an extended trip may be difficult onl...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Seitan
December 07, 4:18am

Re: Womens Pack for ~30 lbs Loads
Try the Golite 50L Jam. it's on sale today on online from GoLite. Either that you may be able to find a 2011 GoLite Women's Pinnacle. Both would suit your needs. A;so, teh BV500 is quit...

In GEAR » Womens Pack for ~30 lbs Loads
December 07, 1:49am

Colgate Wisp
the toothpaste dot last for about 4 brushings.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » can anyone beat my toothbrush and paste weight?
December 01, 3:34am

Re: "likely, the best backpacking sleeping bag in the world."
I'll just chime in and say that I love my Katabatic Gear Palisade. It keeps me warm to below 30 degrees. And I do hate being cold! I sometimes think of switvhing to a synthetic quilt inste...

In GEAR » "likely, the best backpacking sleeping bag in the world."
December 01, 3:13am

All Reader Reviews by Susan Papuga

Susan Papuga has posted no reviews.