BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 131 - 140 of 1160 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...116

Forum » Thread

Re: Rab Neutrino Down Jacket on Geartrade by Backcountry, size small
I read somewhere (i thin on this forum) that rab's hydrophobic down seems to make a less lofty jacket than before. I was wondering if there was any truth to this...otherwise I might be in the m...

In Gear Deals » Rab Neutrino Down Jacket on Geartrade by Backcountry, size small
November 20, 9:13am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1 - 1.5 oz material for wind anorak
Also breathability is not the same as permeability. Breathability is how much moisture can be transported through a membrane in gaseous form, basically a measure of how much it slows down steam dif...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 - 1.5 oz material for wind anorak
November 19, 11:28am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1 - 1.5 oz material for wind anorak
Pertex Shield is your standard WPB material. Similar to a goretex, eVent or Hyvent. It has a laminate that will block all wind and drastically reduce breathability. You would use it for a rain shel...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 - 1.5 oz material for wind anorak
November 19, 11:23am

Re: welded
I just sent in my deadbird gamma mx this weekend. One of the last made in canada with polartec that I wore to death (city life, not backcountry). The hem was welded onto the polartec fleece backing...

In GEAR » Those darn welded seams...
November 18, 3:28pm

Re: Medium
Thanks Jason, but I'm usually a Small or Medium and very much like the medium cut of Montbell. One day I'll get my mirage!

In Gear Swap » FS: NWT Montbell Mirage Parkas
November 18, 10:10am

Re: Alpini- Adam
Don't trust Brooks. Remember the mojave debacle? They fill weight listed was about twice what could realistically be made in a jacket of the measured weights or warmth perceptions. Brooks never...

In GEAR » Brooks-Range Alpini Fill Weight
November 16, 12:31am

Re: PowerStretch
I like powerstretch of thin softshell gloves for general purpose but I just picked up a pair of cheap and light true liner gloves from STP. Terramar wool gloves, super thin, fit well, ~$12, but I d...

In GEAR » Good base layer gloves?
November 16, 12:23am

Re: CCF on top IME
We have this weird simplistic view that R-Value is additive but rates rarely are, especially when dealing with complex thermodynamics. The simple way of stating it is that CCF more efficient at ...

In GEAR » Pad on top or bottom!
November 15, 11:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 'Mountain Equipment' brand -- and R1 hoody++
I'm just bitter I can't wantonly afford it. It's right up there with the Arc'Teryx Fortrez for cool factor. I tried one on at REI and the way the Fortrez balaclava snaps the hood in...

In GEAR » 'Mountain Equipment' brand -- and R1 hoody++
November 14, 10:25am

Re: Re: Re: 'Mountain Equipment' brand -- and R1 hoody++
It is nice, but jeebus these $150 fleeces are getting ridiculous! Sure you can frequently find them on sale for $80 range but it's still a dang fleece regardless of how fancy the waffling or su...

In GEAR » 'Mountain Equipment' brand -- and R1 hoody++
November 14, 9:50am

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.