BPL Community Profile

Mark Cashmere (tinkrtoy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NEOH
About Me I started backpacking in the Northeast in high school with 3 buddies where we had quick access to the AT (Hertlein campsite). Continued through college and dropped off during the family-building years. Got back into camping with my sons and Cub Scouts which just fueled the need for more backpacking. Getting out on weekend+ trips for the past few years and loving it all over again.
CityCleveland
StateOH
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Cashmere

Showing 131 - 140 of 218 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

PM Sent
~Mark

In Gear Swap » FS: or trade: Terra Nova 2g tents pegs
August 11, 5:02am

Non-gender
Honestly, I think there needs to be more non-gender stuff in the backpacking space. There have been a few items that I have looked at a piece of gear and thought that the look/color/weight were in...

In GEAR » Please someone explain this to me
July 21, 1:43pm

SAC
Seems like every time I look at something interesting on SAC it is for women. Definitely the Arcteryx stuff.

In GEAR » Please someone explain this to me
July 21, 8:53am

Thanks
Thanks Rick, I will take a closer look at that one. I too would prefer a non-zipper close. The small Tamrac I had for my P&S Fuji had a velcro closure and I love that case, but alas it will n...

In Photography » Looking for XZ-1 carry options/opinions
July 07, 7:48pm

+1 on the sit pad
Cut from a blue foam pad I found at Sears for a couple bux (in fact, I think I made about 4 of them from the one pad). I recently switched to using the compactor bag method in my pack and I found ...

In GEAR » Best Support for a Frameless Pack
July 07, 6:21am

Looking for XZ-1 carry options/opinions
I have an Oly XZ-1 that I am having some difficulty settling on a carry position for. I like having in front at hand, but also a little protected. Currently, I have been using it inside a Case Lo...

In Photography » Looking for XZ-1 carry options/opinions
July 06, 7:33pm

Jealous
Ah, so jealous of you guys who can just 'run over' to EMS or REI and pick up some stuff or check out new equipment. D@mn Ohio! Good luck with your find.

In GEAR » EMS Packable Pack
June 18, 11:00am

Pro Tec Powder Paint
So I was in Gander Mountain tonight to pick up a GSI mug and I was browsing the fishing section when I came across this stuff called Pro Tec Powder Paint for powder coating lures. I am not a fishe...

In GEAR » Idea to make those expensive titanium stakes more visible.
June 15, 6:34pm

Nice lineup
I see a lot of similarities between the 3 backpacking styles and gear choices. Besides the SUL'ers, I would think it should be easy to create a few 'standard configurations' of gear. ...

In Gear Swap » Holy Cow!
June 10, 6:53am

Bingo
In for 1 at that price for sure. :)

In Gear Deals » Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC Sleeping Pad $US 64 at Amazon.com
June 09, 10:06am

All Reader Reviews by Mark Cashmere

Mark Cashmere has posted no reviews.