BPL Community Profile

Thom Darrah (thomdarrah) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Oregon
About Me Owner of TrailLite Designs; Developing unique gear for the ultra light adventurer.
CityKlamath Falls
StateOR
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.traillitedesigns.com
My PDF Gear ListUL Gear (Summer)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Thom Darrah

Showing 131 - 140 of 1377 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...138

Forum » Thread

Solomid pole options
Ruta Locura has carbon that poles that will work as Ron described. Redundant to the original post but a quality option all the same for those who do not use hiking poles.

In GEAR » Solomid pole options
February 12, 5:13pm

Pairing a bivy with a Solomid in winter
I use a MLD cuben SoloMid paired with a MLD Soul eVent bivy. The two work well as a winter system for solo trips.

In GEAR » Pairing a bivy with a Solomid in winter
February 12, 11:17am

My Newest Hiking Partner Isn't UL
A "big" congradulations! My daughter was 7 lb 11 oz and 21.5" long and I thought she was a good size baby. :)

In Chaff » My Newest Hiking Partner Isn't UL
February 12, 9:33am

2012 Murmurs back at Gossamer Gear
GVP, Insightful and well stated, thanks.

In GEAR » 2012 Murmurs back at Gossamer Gear
February 10, 9:36am

MLD Newt
From the MLD FaceBook site; "Only a few of the latest Newts with the rear mesh pocket left, then we will not build any more for a few months so we can make more of the larger packs."

In GEAR » MLD Newt
February 08, 9:40am

Patagonia Merino 1 is BACK!
"in death metal black." +1

In GEAR » Patagonia Merino 1 is BACK!
February 06, 7:24pm

If you could only have one pack Part 2
High quality workmanship and materials are often a reflection of higher cost. A full dyneema Mchale pack will cost more then a identical pack made using a less expensive material. This is true ...

In GEAR » If you could only have one pack Part 2
January 29, 2:46pm

only have one pack Part 2
McHale LBP 34 +1 Here is a picture of mine; This brown/grey full dyneema LBP 34 weighs just 2 lbs, 5 oz stripped of it's accessories but still with the kangaroo pocket, twin 7075-T6 s...

In GEAR » If you could only have one pack Part 2
January 29, 11:08am

New GooseFeet Website
Ben the new site looks great, nice work by Kyle.

In Gear Deals » New GooseFeet Website
January 26, 7:02pm

Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
From the MLD Facebook site; "We added a little more info on the TrailStar product page yesterday to help anyone trying to decide between the SilNylon and Cuben versions." Here is the ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
January 25, 3:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Thom Darrah

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montrail Streak
The new Montrail Streak is a very nice shoe for mixed terrain running. I ran a five mile loop with the shoes right out of the box, with no break in period, and the shoe performed great. No hot spots o...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
April 18, 6:27pm