Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 131 - 140 of 2720 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...272

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: How the Sun's variation affects Earth's climates
A paper published today in Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics finds a "strong and stable correlation" between the millennial variations in sunspots and the temperature i...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
March 04, 3:48am

Re: How the Sun's variation affects Earth's climates
Jerry opines: And look at that 4000 year plot he posted. Bounced around. I see the 210 year signal so maybe he has a point that there's a 210 year orbital period causing climate change. But ...

March 03, 4:23am

Aargh - can't resist. Blaming hail on witches is just superstition Missing the point again. At the time it happened, it was the argument believed to be true by the authorities and theolog...

March 03, 12:33am

Why would you ignore the gravitational effect of Saturn, which is bigger than Uranus, Venus or Earth? Or is it some astrological effect? I already dealt with this objection when I linked an arti...

March 02, 3:52pm

image test
nm .

In User Test Forum » image test
March 02, 2:52pm

If global warming deniers could produce good data, scientists would accept it. Unfortunately they prefer to shut down the journals those good ideas and data get published in. It's political ...

February 28, 11:58am

Jerry:It's not the fault of any witches, but the 4000 climate change deniers are delaying our actions. Bravo - Good debate technique - ridicule the opponent as being a witch blamed for a hail s...

February 28, 10:39am

I don't see any 500 year up, 500 year down patterns in any of your data, like the blue or yellow lines I did say "approximately". :-) There are several cycles going on simultaneou...

February 26, 2:13pm

So, you're saying that the orbits of the planets induce changes in solar radiation? I don't think there's a simple arrow of Cause ---> Effect here. I suspect there is a feedback t...

February 26, 12:14pm

Jerry: The google says Beryllium 10 is commonly used to date surface exposure of rocks. How do you use that to reconstruct solar activity? Check this paper out: http://www.pnas.org/content/109/...

February 26, 10:16am

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.