BPL Community Profile

David Vo (sygyzy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale David Vo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me David Vo has not added a biography yet.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.gearunlocked.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Vo

Showing 131 - 140 of 148 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Innov8 Roclite 295's
Ordering a pair thanks to your feedback/recommendation. Any advice on sizing? Is it TTS?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Footwear for hike with 30+ water crossings
August 12, 4:23pm

great advice
Great advice guys. I am picking up a pair.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » All-in-One Shorts: Hiking, Running, Swimming, etc
August 12, 2:34pm

community
What an amazing community. For someone new to backpacking in particular, you guys have been extremely patient and helpful. You totally gave me something to consider (changing shoes), which hadn'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Footwear for hike with 30+ water crossings
August 12, 2:03pm

Re: Re: How much clothing
Why do you need extra underwear and socks to sleep in? You mean so you have a change of underwear or do you wear double socks/underwear when sleeping?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How much clothing
August 12, 1:09pm

Re: Re: really? my regular shoes?
Thanks for pointing that out. You really are specifically specifying trail runners and not just *any* shoes. Hmm. Won't the lack of ankle support, among other differences from a hiking shoe, be...

August 12, 12:49pm

really? my regular shoes?
Just wear my regular hiking shoes and socks? Isn't that just asking for an uncomfortable and possibly smelly scenario? I don't have experience so I'm asking but it just seems like I wou...

August 12, 12:17pm

Re: Re: Stoic
When you say self-inflating, I assume you mean a pad you inflate yourself, not that the pad automatically inflates (built in pump), right?

In GEAR » Alternatives to Therm-a-Rest NeoAir
August 12, 11:23am

Footwear for hike with 30+ water crossings
I am planning to do my first backpacking trip on a trail that has something like 30 water crossings. From what I've read (I have not seen it), most are knee height and some are waist height. It...

August 12, 11:14am

good advice
I am a big fan of merino and own many pieces so the investment is not a barrier for me. I just tend to overprepare so I am trying to get a feel for what I can get away with. So it seems at least on...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How much clothing
August 12, 11:06am

Re: Stoic
Thanks for the tip. Anyone want to chime in with some persona experiences for the Stoic? I am glad to find some affordable and lightweight alternatives. Thanks for all the feedback and discussion.

In GEAR » Alternatives to Therm-a-Rest NeoAir
August 12, 10:33am

All Reader Reviews by David Vo

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Inov8 Roclite 295
Wore these out for the first time on a weekend camping trip. We didn't a long hike or anything but I did go up and down a steep hill to unload gear. They are incredibly lightweight; you don't ...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 05, 2:55pm