BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 131 - 140 of 375 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Stericard water purification
Might be convenient if mounted to a water bladder? Just fill bladder and wait 15 before drinking.

In GEAR » Stericard water purification
March 01, 8:30pm

Re: Sawyer squeeze vs. steripen
Had a steripen, just got a sawyer. Steripen takes a long time. I think the sawyer squeeze is actually faster, weighs less, and doesn't have a bulb or electronics to go bad. I always carry s...

In GEAR » Sawyer squeeze vs. steripen
March 01, 8:22pm

Re: More bivy mod brainstorming: cotton or nylon?
Just a thought, but why add the ventilation at the foot end that is most exposed to the elements? Why not just make the whole top(head) half of the bivy out of nano-see-um, and keep the feet as wa...

In Make Your Own Gear » More bivy mod brainstorming: cotton or nylon?
March 01, 4:07pm

re: polyethylene
I found some backer rod that I think is polyethylene, because it didn't melt in acetone :( Will the epoxy not stick to it? I wonder though, as I am making a slightly complex tube with 90* ...

In Multiple Use Gear » What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
February 28, 10:49am

RE "NEW Patagonia Encapsil ("Dry Down") Parka"
If it's really as waterproof as advertised, plus the extra fill power (1000), this is kind of exciting. It will be even more exciting when it's available to other makers. Would love to see ...

In GEAR » NEW Patagonia Encapsil ("Dry Down") Parka
February 28, 2:18am

Re: What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
Sucker... Well, that somewhat confirms that the experimental direction I was going to take was on the right track. I'll be using biaxial carbon fiber sleeving over 3/8" rod which puts t...

February 28, 1:51am

Re: Recommendations for a 30-45L internal frame pack around 2 pounds?
Do you have an REI or someplace you can try before you buy? If not, I think Deuter offers a vented back that has an adjustable torso length. ETA: I was wrong. Only adjustable vented back they ...

In GEAR » Recommendations for a 30-45L internal frame pack around 2 pounds?
February 27, 9:58pm

Re: Re: What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
Ben: Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for, a formula, and a way to determine the variables. I was at the point I had a general idea and was just doing to start with trial and er...

February 27, 12:02pm

Re: Knife? Fry Pan?
Well, if you carry the Mora on your belt, it doesn't count as pack weight... I always take a fixed blade with me, but your Gerber should be all you need for trout. I never fillet trout less...

In Fishing » Knife? Fry Pan?
February 27, 3:22am

Re: Re: Bay Area Backcountry Camping - Books
Well, heck, if you're willing to drive 3 hours, might as well head to Tahoe...

In GEAR » Bay Area Backcountry Camping
February 27, 12:52am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.