BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 131 - 140 of 475 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...48

Forum » Thread

Business models
It's really simple: if your business model is so poor that you can't find workers willing to work for low enough salaries for you to be profitable, you need to be out of business. That'...

In Chaff » No more Twinkies or Ding Dongs
November 16, 1:23pm

Bees
Those are probably the Africanized or "killer" bees that came into Arizona from Mexico in the last few decades. The bad news is the killer bees are found throughout the warmer parts of t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker falls after bee attack
October 30, 7:53am

Deer and deer ticks
Despite the name, deer are not the main host of deer ticks. In the Northeast at least, the real culprit is mice. The number of ticks can go way up or down from year to year based on the mouse pop...

In Chaff » Ticks
October 29, 4:08pm

Re: kool-aid
Thomas, I don't want to get into this discussion again, so take it from someone who's taken many graduate courses in evolution: just because we evolved walking barefoot does not mean that s...

In Editor's Roundtable » Considering Minimalist Footwear for Backpacking
October 24, 10:12am

A question
A question for Ryan and everyone: Are there any published studies that have looked at the biomechanics of minimalist shoes for walking or backpacking? I've never seen any, and until I do, I...

In Editor's Roundtable » Considering Minimalist Footwear for Backpacking
October 24, 8:20am

Lighten up
I agree with the others who say to not worry about it. There are about 3 coyote attacks per year in the US and Canada. 1/3 of those are due to people approaching or attempting to feed the animals...

In GEAR » Surrounded by coyotes need help
October 15, 5:42am

Bajada
I'll take the Montrails if they're still available. PM on the way.

In Gear Swap » PIF: Shoes, Trail and Road
October 04, 10:46am

Waterproof?
Is the pack really waterproof? I have one, and the fabric seems like typical ripstop nylon to me. There's nothing about it being waterproof on the Patagonia website (though they mention that ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Lightweight Travel Pack (11.4oz)
September 22, 6:36pm

Re: Smokies/Nantahala area in October
We did the Springer to Newfound Gap last year around the first 2 weeks of October. 1) We saw a few hikers each day, but we also had shelters to ourselves on several nights. The Smokies were muc...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Smokies/Nantahala area in October
September 18, 5:51pm

Like I said...
http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/10/godaddy-outage-takes-down-millions-of-sites/ "A member of Anonymous known as AnonymousOwn3r is claiming responsibility, and makes it clear this is not an An...

In Chaff » Anonymous has taken down my Website
September 10, 3:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm