BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 131 - 140 of 472 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...48

Forum » Thread

Re: kool-aid
Thomas, I don't want to get into this discussion again, so take it from someone who's taken many graduate courses in evolution: just because we evolved walking barefoot does not mean that s...

In Editor's Roundtable » Considering Minimalist Footwear for Backpacking
October 24, 10:12am

A question
A question for Ryan and everyone: Are there any published studies that have looked at the biomechanics of minimalist shoes for walking or backpacking? I've never seen any, and until I do, I...

In Editor's Roundtable » Considering Minimalist Footwear for Backpacking
October 24, 8:20am

Lighten up
I agree with the others who say to not worry about it. There are about 3 coyote attacks per year in the US and Canada. 1/3 of those are due to people approaching or attempting to feed the animals...

In GEAR » Surrounded by coyotes need help
October 15, 5:42am

Bajada
I'll take the Montrails if they're still available. PM on the way.

In Gear Swap » PIF: Shoes, Trail and Road
October 04, 10:46am

Waterproof?
Is the pack really waterproof? I have one, and the fabric seems like typical ripstop nylon to me. There's nothing about it being waterproof on the Patagonia website (though they mention that ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Lightweight Travel Pack (11.4oz)
September 22, 6:36pm

Re: Smokies/Nantahala area in October
We did the Springer to Newfound Gap last year around the first 2 weeks of October. 1) We saw a few hikers each day, but we also had shelters to ourselves on several nights. The Smokies were muc...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Smokies/Nantahala area in October
September 18, 5:51pm

Like I said...
http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/10/godaddy-outage-takes-down-millions-of-sites/ "A member of Anonymous known as AnonymousOwn3r is claiming responsibility, and makes it clear this is not an An...

In Chaff » Anonymous has taken down my Website
September 10, 3:57pm

Not Anonymous
From what I saw, it wasn't Anonymous (the hacker collective) that did this--just some single guy who used "Anonymous" in his name. Obviously, that doesn't change anything for you...

In Chaff » Anonymous has taken down my Website
September 10, 3:26pm

Hawk
Now that I look at the pics more closely, I'm pretty sure it's a young Cooper's Hawk (the slightly larger cousin of sharp-shinned). In any event, it's not a merlin or any kind of f...

In Chaff » What killed this hawk?
September 06, 9:19pm

It's a sharp-shinned hawk
And there's no telling what killed it. I don't see any obvious signs of injury--if it's collided with something, there's usually a noticeably broken neck. It could've been poi...

In Chaff » What killed this hawk?
September 06, 7:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm