Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 131 - 140 of 1127 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...113

Forum » Thread

Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread
The Casio SGW100-1V has a temperature sensor and an electronic compass... I don't use either of those but they sounded cool when I bought it. What works for me is the 200 M water resistant...

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 18, 1:26am

GPS data vs Compass Declination
For a long time now, Garmin has allowed you to set your own magnetic variation. I'm not sure about the Geko (that's pretty old) but you can check the setting by going into "Setup/Head...

In GEAR » GPS data vs Compass Declination
December 15, 1:17am

Fair Labour Association and MEC
Eric was correct to spell labour with a "u"... very Canadian of him. The real surprise is that MEC's link dropped the "u" ... shame on you MEC (I thought they were proudly ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Fair Labour Association and MEC
December 14, 1:01am

Tarptent Notch real world weights
I have a couple of weights recorded: As delivered 28.3 (4 pegs, cord, stuff sacks, partial solid inner and fly) Seam sealed fly with additional (peak) tie-outs - 16.5 oz Partial Solid inner ...

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch real world weights
December 12, 9:31pm

Scorched Titanium?
>> I'm confused by your description << Unfortunately, I'm not at home so I can't post a picture... The cup nests on the bottom of the pot for storage but I often leave...

In GEAR » Scorched Titanium?
December 09, 3:36pm

Scorched Titanium?
I often put the cup from my Snow Peaks Ti Mini Solo on the bottom of the cook pot to act as a double boiler to avoid burning the food in my cook pot (creates a double bottom). The cup has nothing ...

In GEAR » Scorched Titanium?
December 09, 2:05pm

Final questions for a PLB purchase
wiiawiwb - To answer your question in your original post, it's very unlikely that the GPS receiver in a PLB will match your Etrex. I've used/tested a lot of different GPS receivers and ...

In GEAR » Final questions for a PLB purchase
December 09, 12:31am

Shoot the programmer!
Several decades of experience fixing crappy programming (much of it my own) has taught me that most of these types of issues are the result of poor programming. It sounds like you are using your o...

In GEAR » More Garmin woes
December 05, 11:57pm

Which is more comfortable: NeoAir Xlite or ProLite Plus?
I find the comfort of both pads very close but give the edge to the Neo. That said, the lighter weight and smaller packed volume of the Neo makes it a no-brainer for me. I think the reason the ...

In GEAR » Which is more comfortable: NeoAir Xlite or ProLite Plus?
December 03, 1:20am

Measuring fitness...
I don't know of an easy way of measuring your fitness level while hiking but if you have access to a concept2 rowing machine (most gyms have them) then you can row 2K at the beginning of your t...

In GEAR » Fitness Monitors?
November 29, 12:25am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm