Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jared Baker (simply_light) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest, US
About Me I love the feeling of solitude and the chance to be at one with the world around me.

My passion for MYOG has become not just a hobby, but a way of life, and so started my own company - Simply Light Designs. Right now we focus on mostly backpacking tarps & hammocks along with various accessories.
CityIndianapolis
StateIN
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttps://www.simplylightdesigns.com/
My PDF Gear ListSummer UL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jared Baker

Showing 131 - 140 of 153 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Cup
PM Sent

In Gear Swap » Cook-kit PIF
January 11, 8:28am

Cup
I'll take the cup. Thanks.

In Gear Swap » Cook-kit PIF
January 11, 8:26am

Knife
I'll always carry a heavier knife. I tried some of the smaller (under 1 oz) ones, but found them feeling too small and fragile. So, I keep coming back to my Bark River one at 6 ounces. Y...

In GEAR » Where does durability win over light weight?
January 10, 9:47am

Doesn't appear practical for backpacking
There is a lot of material in that setup and then there is the ladder. Even using some of the lightest materials available, it would weigh much more than alot of the heavier hammock set ups. ...

In GEAR » Tentsile tent/hammock
January 10, 8:14am

PETZL e+LITE
I really like my PETZL e+LITE. Regularly runs @ $30, but you can often find them on sale for a little less. Mine weighed in at .92 oz with batteries. That lightweight and it still has the ...

In GEAR » Headlamp recommendations
January 10, 4:58am

Tsunami
From what has been reported, they are based out of Japan and their facilities were affected by the Tsunami in 2011. I guess it has taken them some time to get back on their feet and of course they...

In GEAR » REI and Evernew and Tiware
January 10, 4:50am

Just saw this
Check out the below thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=72096 I just saw it a little while ago and while I am not crazy...

In GEAR » how do you stop pillow sliding off sleeping mat
January 10, 4:45am

PM Sent
PM sent on the Vista.

In Gear Swap » FS: eTrex vista
January 09, 12:27pm

PM Sent
PM Sent about set

In Gear Swap » FS: SNOW PEAK 4-PIECE TITANIUM COOKSET *NEW*
January 05, 6:18pm

Big Agnes Horse Thief Sleeping Bag - Regular
Got too many sleeping bags this fall. Still new with tags. Specs from manufacturer: The SPECS for Regular Bag Weight: 1 lb 11 oz / 765 g Fill Weight: 12 oz / 340 g Compressed Size: 7 x 5&...

In Gear Swap » Big Agnes Horse Thief Sleeping Bag - Regular
January 04, 2:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Jared Baker

Jared Baker has posted no reviews.