BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Colorado trip in June, YNP in July. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 131 - 140 of 298 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...30

Forum » Thread

Hunter shoots, kills hiker
Which is EXACTLY why I sent this email off to a cottage gear owner, "Your description for the (rain jacket) says to ask about getting a jacket made in another colour than silver/gray... I woul...

In On the Web » Hunter shoots, kills hiker
October 22, 5:46pm

What do you do for a living?
My latest incarnation in the working world is a Mac engineer/programmer/software support guy. I am also living totally on the cheap to save money for one-way bus ticket to Montana where a new job i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you do for a living?
October 20, 11:21pm

"Do You Actually Use Your Gear ? ?"
Hi, Jason! I was told that I must be the only guy on the planet to "get away to the backyard". That make two of us now... a 100% increase! Used my MYOG woodgas stove to hold an alc...

In Philosophy & Technique » Do You Actually Use Your Gear ? ?
October 10, 10:01pm

New Home Page!
Very well done! Great idea to get rid of the clutter.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » New Home Page?
October 09, 9:45am

Tea infuser
I bought a Tuffy Steeper from The Tea Spot about three years ago and use it in the kitchen and on the trail. You can get one in a nice range of colours - easy to find when it slips down to the bott...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » UL tea strainer NOT disposable
October 09, 9:29am

Removing rust from steel
Rubbing with lemon juice will take the rust right off. You might need to use a green scratchy pad if the blade is pitted, but don't use steel wool. Sharpen the blade and be sure to use honing oil.

In GEAR » Help: Remove Rust from Knife
October 01, 7:30pm

End of the Regular Season
The best part is the hockey season begins. I need a fast moving game after watching too many 9-inning disappointments over the length of the season.

In Chaff » End of the Regular Season
September 29, 11:18am

"What Would Jesus Carry?"
Didn't carry toilet paper back then, wouldn't carry it now. Jesus said to his group in the Gospel of Thomas, "Carry nothing but what you wear." and "Be thru-hikers.". ...

In GEAR » What Would Jesus Carry?
September 22, 8:41pm

Fun
My hiking group had a simple definition of fun at our usual after-hike beer night: Nobody gets hurt, and somebody gets a new nickname.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Levels of Fun - Skurka's?
September 18, 9:09pm

Big sale at cabelas.com
You might head over to their 50th Year Sale and look through the raingear. I'll check it out later... right now the dog is insisting that we go for a walk.

In GEAR » Seeking Raingear Recommendations
September 15, 9:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.