BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Colorado trip in June, YNP in July. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 131 - 140 of 314 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...32

Forum » Thread

3 + Months
Plans are to start out in Stella NE and head up to visit the Head Smashed In Bison-kill Site in Canada. It should be a rather big walk. I'm going to Ireland for another 3 + month walk in 2013.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Three weeks + - where would you go?
January 08, 12:53pm

Maxwelton braes are bonnie...
Thanks so much for the poem, Laurie Anne! I'll make it a point to remember that one. Kilt-wise, I'll never wear one when hiking. There is a sad lack of hiking trails in this part of the...

In Chaff » Scottish only terms : kilt
January 06, 10:58am

First: we have rainbows. Next we have:
Cute fuzzy bunny!!!

In Chaff » Positive Thread Building
December 30, 8:30pm

Best to stay engaged!
The 11 points listed and discussed by Morgan Hite had better be applied everywhere and all of the time. The biggest mistake anyone can make is to mentally disconnect from where they are and what is...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is the wilderness or outdoors an escape or an engagement?
December 30, 10:22am

Lightsaber, a real good idea!
Your light saber is longer than a grizzly bear's reach, right?

In Multiple Use Gear » Lightsaber
December 21, 1:12pm

Winter Truck Bed
In the very back by the tailgate, I have two 50# bags of sand and one old innertube with tire chains inside. Keep newer tires (used for winter only) on front and back, and the let the bed fill with...

In Chaff » adding weight to truck bed for winter driving?
December 21, 1:08pm

Protect that NeoAir!
A tyvek envelope would be a great idea anytime. I have always used a tyvek sheet beneath my Neoair... no punctures yet. I also roll the mat up inside the tyvek sheet and then drop them into the pac...

In GEAR » Protecting a Neoair
December 21, 12:59pm

Lunar Eclipse Dec 10
I watched it through the window of the bus, on my way to work this morning. There are some very nice pictures over at spaceweather.com

In Other Activities » Lunar Eclipse Dec 10
December 10, 1:05pm

NeverWet superhydrophobic spray on coating
I remember reading this on a site for the new razr droid... "A force field of water-repellent nanoparticles shields the phone against water attacks — even the electrical boards inside.&qu...

In GEAR » NeverWet superhydrophobic spray on coating
November 23, 7:25pm

Mt. Rainier Church Services
Hey Michael, Try info@acmnp.com . A Christian Ministry in the National Parks is the name of the group. My guess is Memorial Day weekend up to Labor Day weekend is a sure thing, check the webs...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mt. Rainier Church Services
November 23, 6:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.