Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Sarah Kirkconnell (sarbar) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
About Me Love to hike, backpack, snowshoe, cook and 4 wheel. If it is outdoors, I am happy! Love hiking most, preferably with a light pack and a sunny alpine meadow ahead of me.
My husband and I run www.freezerbagcooking.com / www.trailcooking.com and our frequently updated blog at www.blog.trailcooking.com as well as my personal blog www.gazingin.com
We are the authors of 3 outdoor cookbooks and the people behind FBC.
CityKing County
StateWA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.trailcooking.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 131 - 140 of 4455 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...446

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Enertia No More?
It had to have been at least 4 or 5 years ago the owner passed away and they sold the company. Having said that....I noticed looking at Coleman's site - and on Cabelas as well - they no longer ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Enertia No More?
June 26, 2:32pm

Re: Cheese powder
http://www.trailcooking.com/dry-mixes-seasonings/cheddar-cheese-sauce-mix/ http://www.trailcooking.com/dry-mixes-seasonings/parmesan-cheese-sauce-powder-mix/ http://www.trailcooking.com/fbc/d...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Mac N cheese
June 26, 2:25pm

Re: Re: @ Sarbar--What's up with ghee?
Justin, make a batch! It is fun to do - and really easy overall :)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » @ Sarbar--What's up with ghee?
June 26, 2:23pm

Re: Question: Your Energy Lifestyle and Backpacking
I happily have 3 children and live in a small growing town in the foothills of Mt. Rainier. We moved this year, across town, and while we moved to a bigger home, our new-to-us home has more to o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question: Your Energy Lifestyle and Backpacking
June 26, 12:05am

Re: coconut
Coconut oil, especially virgin, is wonderful. Only downside is it gets liquid if it is above 70'ish.

June 23, 4:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Using Pack IT Gourmet meals past the use by dates.
Scientific. I swear ;-) ;-)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Using Pack IT Gourmet meals past the use by dates.
June 21, 11:21pm

Re: Using Pack IT Gourmet meals past the use by dates.
They should be fine. As long as they were sealed they have been in a controlled environment. And once opened, just give it the sniff test. Dried food lasts a lot longer than one thinks it would.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Using Pack IT Gourmet meals past the use by dates.
June 21, 9:19am

Re: Vacuum sealed chili question
I don't suggest eating home dried past 3 months...but that is me. What has the temps been? Stored in hot weather? Oops, edited to add "Suggest eating home dried meat past 3 months"...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vacuum sealed chili question
June 18, 11:45am

Re: @ Sarbar--What's up with ghee?
One it is delicious ;-) Two it is very, very shelf stable - a year opened unrefrigrated! Use it to cook in, add to meals, on bread...all great!

June 17, 3:27pm

Re: Dad
That was my Dad and I when I was maybe 6? He was a good man, flawed, but nonetheless, he did the best he could. Gas was cheap, we'd go on Sunday drives in the mountains, picking hucklebe...

In Chaff » Dad
June 16, 1:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Sarah Kirkconnell

Showing 1 - 10 of 26 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Maruchan Ramen
I use the noodles as a base. If you use them as "instant pasta" you will have fast and easy meals. I take the ramen block and 1/4 cup of freeze dried vegetables, then cover with boiling wate...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
September 08, 8:56am

Guyot Designs Firefly
I picked up a Firefly a couple weeks ago on a whim. I figured it would be a fun toy, and maybe make the one Lexan bottle I carry a bit more multi purpose. I tried it out recently. (it was used on a s...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
March 18, 10:16pm

Luna Bars Sunrise
As noted, I am not a fan normally of "energy bars". But, Sunrise Luna Bars are very, very good! Aimed at women, and designed for breakfast, they are good anytime of the day. They are ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 10, 11:25pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
Recently I was sent an entire box of Larabars from the company, with every flavor in it. It had in it all the JOCALAT bars also. I love Larabars already, and the JOCALAT ones? Even more. The coffee fl...

March 07, 4:59pm

Garmin Foretrex 201
My husband bought me one for this years Christmas. I wondered how much I would like or hate it. After having around a month to play with it, I can say I love it! It took me awhile to figure out...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
January 20, 9:02am

Laura's Wholesome Junk Food All Flavors
I found http://www.lauraswholesomejunkfood.com/ at a local organic grocery in my town, and fell in love with them. They come in 7 ounce tubs, with a long shelf life. They can be easily repackaged ...

January 09, 10:46pm

Fantastic Foods Instant Black and Brown Beans
I have been using FF's instant beans for at least 10 years now. A box stretches out and makes a couple meals on the trail. For use in burritos, bean dips and soups/chowders they are great. The ...

January 07, 10:10pm

Just Tomatoes Just Veggies
You can find the Just Tomato line at most REI's, in natural food stores and online, thru their website, www.justtomatoes.com. My favorite product by them is their Just Veggies blend. It comes i...

January 07, 10:04pm

Kelty Illusion, Women's
I bought my Illusion when it came out, in 2004. For the most part, it is my winter and hauler pack when I need space. The pack is 3500 ci, and weighs in at the advertised weight of 3 lbs 6 ounces....

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 07, 9:00pm

Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
MSR's customer service, along with their parent company, Cascade Designs, has fantastic customer service. They warrantied a Sweetwater filter that started blowing water out of the side (the one th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 13, 10:42pm