BPL Community Profile

Rusty Beaver (rustyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Rusty Beaver has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rusty Beaver

Showing 131 - 140 of 807 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Chlorination
"...but I chose not to do the research just to prove someone wrong that I dont care about and wont change their mind anyway." Point taken. I had those links, and the pic, already store...

In GEAR » water conundrum
June 13, 6:09pm

Re: Chlorination
"Water doesn't need to reach boiling to be disinfected, much less be boiled for many minutes." The CDC says "Bring the clear water to a rolling boil for one minute (at elevati...

June 13, 1:26pm

Sawtooths 10 days from now?
I hear the snow is currently quite thin for this time of year. Anyone been up there this year? I'm just trying to imagine what the trail system up high would be like this early. I've al...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sawtooths 10 days from now?
June 13, 11:04am

Re: Re: chemicals...
"Iodine requires about 30 minutes of time to kill everything in your bottle." Really? "Military Medicine" and "Department of SWES" at the UofA state different. http...

June 12, 7:38pm

Re: chemicals...
Right on, Planet Bob and Tipi! Here's a tag from a popular chemical option: Not particularly the kind of stuff I wanna be ingesting......

June 12, 6:46pm

Re: Lightest fully enclosed shelter for one - complete tent or tarp + bug net?
Here's what I came up with: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=62945&skip_to_post=567295#567295 The shelter (including st...

In GEAR » Lightest fully enclosed shelter for one - complete tent or tarp + bug net?
June 12, 8:13am

Re: Shelter
Christopher, Thanks. I've used it a number of times since those mods but in seasons that bugs were not bad. I've only been rained on twice too....both short rains. Obviously, it's go...

In GEAR » Solo Shelters
June 09, 5:42pm

Re: WM Flash pants, size large
Thanks, Gary. Now, if only I could find someone willing to trade..... Anyone?

In GEAR » Weight check on WM Flash pants, size large. Anyone?
June 09, 4:23pm

Re: Solo Shelters
Well, while it isn't exactly "fully enclosed", I thought I'd post a link to my shelter since perimeter netting and Hexamids were mentioned. Here's my modified Hex with zippere...

In GEAR » Solo Shelters
June 09, 4:19pm

Re: Vireo
Nice! There was some apprehension on the temp rating with me too...but that is to be expected on custom work...particularly since, unlike their other bags they have a handle on, the Vireo has no ho...

In GEAR » Custom 20 oz Feathered Friends Vireo with 6"+ loft.
June 07, 3:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Rusty Beaver

Rusty Beaver has posted no reviews.