BPL Community Profile

Russell Swanson (rswanson) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midatlantic
About Me Russell Swanson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Russell Swanson

Showing 131 - 140 of 547 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: Mesh
I've made a wood stove based off of Uncle Tom's design- http://tjamrog.wordpress.com/2008/12/22/the-evolving-backpacking-wood-stove/ It's simple and cheap. His suggestions for ma...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy mesh grate
February 19, 8:14am

Re: Re: Bushbuddy mesh grate
Thanks for the precise measurement Denis. Do you think one could get away with a smaller (lighter) gauge NiCr wire for the same task, say 18-20 gauge. Not holding you to anything, just asking for...

February 19, 6:29am

Re: Re: wp/b shoes -- recommendations
> Seriously consider giving up on all shoes with any leather in them. It gets wet, regardless, holds a lot of water, and cracks when it dries. 100% agreement. For some reason shoe companies ...

In GEAR » wp/b shoes -- recommendations?
February 19, 6:21am

Re: Ohm and Jam2
John, With regards to volume questions people are posting...you own both the Conduit and the Ohm. The main pack bags are listed at the same volume but the Ohm is being described as taller. So,...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm
February 19, 6:12am

Re: FS: MLD Tarp & Houdini
Jason, Tarp still up for grabs? What has you selling it? I'd be interested. PM me or email me - faerunner2002 (at) yahoo (dot) com. Thanks!

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Tarp & Houdini
February 18, 6:02pm

Re: Re: Re: ULA Ohm
Awesome John! Thanks for the pics, just what I needed. Same question to you- does the suspension hoop look particularly vulnerable? Edit- Ooops, you beat me to it! Thanks.

In GEAR » ULA Ohm
February 18, 2:34pm

Re: Re: Re: ULA Ohm... the minimalist Osprey Aether 60
Mark, another question if you don't mind...ULA now has some hi-res pics up on the site and I can get a better look at the pack. It appears that the suspension loop is at least partly external....

In GEAR » ULA Ohm
February 18, 2:13pm

Bushbuddy mesh grate
I didn't know if this would get good response in the MYOG forum so I'll just put it here. Can anyone give me a guesstimate of the gauge of wire used in the Bushbuddy for the interior gra...

February 18, 9:57am

Re: ULA Ohm... the minimalist Osprey Aether 60
Mark, Thanks for the initial thoughts! I love my Conduit but sometimes wish it had a bit more volume when I have to carry that pesky bear canister. Questions for you-= 1. The height of the ...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm
February 18, 9:55am

Re: Re: Re: JMT or HST?
"Now the advantage of a bear cannister for each is that you are not tied down to staying where there are bear boxes." Roleigh, that's just what I was thinking. Having the flexibil...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT or HST?
February 11, 5:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Russell Swanson

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
This is a little dated as the new Ether series has since replaced my POE pad but I still feel the review is relevant due as a statement about the company. First, the pad is comfortable, so I won'...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 29, 11:48pm

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Max Compact
I'll be posting a similar review under the POE Max Thermo regarding the quality of the pad. First, the pad is as comfortable as advertised, so I won't go into details about this. My comments ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 29, 11:41pm

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
I also had difficulties securing the seal on the on the OP Sak in both a Bear Vault and an Ursak (w/aluminum liner). The OP Sak is square and the bear containers are round. Perhaps a better design w...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 22, 9:42am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
I don't need to add to the comments about the jacket's usefulness and breathability. I practicaly live in mine on the trail. I'm dinging the perfect rating down to a 3/5 for two reasons;...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
May 03, 4:33pm

ULA Conduit
A lot of superlatives have been already said in the above reviews and I don't have a lot to add, other comments about the pad sleeve. It was clearly designed to accept self inflating 3/4 length p...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 10:57am

REI Quarterdome
If you must have a double walled tent, this one is hard to beat. For the price, you're getting a great package. I've had the Quarter Dome for a few years now and it's been quite a serv...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
March 21, 5:18pm

ULA Equipment
Aside from Brian's phenomenal products (which are well documented), I recently had a great experience shopping with ULA. While researching a new pack purchase, Brian Frankle my emails to ULA Equi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 14, 1:58pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Ok, I'll admit that I'm posting this review just to see what it does to my BPL rating. Oh the vanity! I bought this bag sight unseen, based largely on Western Mountaineering’s reputation within th...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 30, 6:02pm