Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Guest

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 131 - 140 of 484 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...49

Forum » Thread

Mid August 2012 JMT
Thomas, Bring back-up drops or tablets if you are using the MSR Hyperflow. They 'supposedly' fixed the clogging issues with this, but if you research and find the review on BPL it may save ...

In Gear Lists » Mid August 2012 JMT
March 24, 5:01pm

Kaweah Basin via Shepherd Pass and Kern Canyon-Sequoia NP 8/19-8/26/2011
Excellent! Thanks again Tom!

In Post-Trip Reports » Kaweah Basin via Shepherd Pass and Kern Canyon-Sequoia NP 8/19-8/26/2011
March 13, 9:40pm

Thanks Tom, I will do some research on the Milestone area. One other question. Is there a fairly straightforward cross-country route from the Kaweah Gap/Nine Lake Basin area to Kaweah Basin or ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Kaweah Basin via Shepherd Pass and Kern Canyon-Sequoia NP 8/19-8/26/2011
March 12, 9:00pm

I was looking at heading along Walllace Creek going in and I wasn't sure if I wanted to do Wallace Creek going out or the section heading north from Junction Meadow. I didn't want to retrac...

March 12, 7:17am

Tom, Thanks for sharing the excellent trip report and photos! I am doing a semi-loop in that area this summer going in and out from Symmes Creek trailhead via Shepherds Pass. I wanted to hike in an...

March 11, 7:03pm

Mid August 2012 JMT
+ 4 or 5 or whatever number we are up to on ditching the hammock. As far as mozzies go, I did some 'cowboy' camping last year and my hiking partner 'cowboy' camped the whole time in...

In Gear Lists » Mid August 2012 JMT
March 03, 9:34pm

Realistic Number of Days Food in Bearikade Weekender/Expedition
I get 5 days worth of food in my weekender without too much trouble. I do transfer my MH meals into freezerbags without smashing them. I could probably fit more, but I haven't needed to yet. Th...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Realistic Number of Days Food in Bearikade Weekender/Expedition
March 03, 9:18pm

denatured alcohol storage and JMT
MTR has had alcohol the last few years I have been there. They are reasonable in their rates as well. I'm not sure if I would ship it with my re-supply bucket as both the MTR and the USPS say n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » denatured alcohol storage and JMT
February 26, 7:14pm

"repeat after me: yo' mantra?"
Fear surrenders to effort.

In Chaff » repeat after me: yo' mantra?
February 24, 7:19am

Sierra Winter?"
I was up working at Heavenly Ski resort a week or so ago, and where we had 16 - 18 feet of snow last year at this time, we had 16 - 18 inches. This was at a little over 9000 feet in elevation at th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra Winter?
February 23, 10:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm