BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 131 - 140 of 945 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...95

Forum » Thread

Re: Comparison
Sounds like there might be some production problems with the Dri Ducks. My experience (with several pairs of both) are more like Mark's. In general though, anyone buying any Propore (made by an...

In GEAR » DriDucks vs. O2 gear
November 21, 4:42pm

Re: Tools for Human Powered Oversnow Travel - State of the Market Report
Excellent article. I would definitely recommend it for someone who is interested in snow travel, and hasn't done it before. Even some of those who obsess about winter sports can learn a thing o...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tools for Human Powered Oversnow Travel - State of the Market Report
November 14, 12:50pm

Re: Frogg toggs karta?
My guess is that it is relatively heavy. It makes sense for folks who love the price of Frogg Toggs, but not the durability and could care less about the weight.

In GEAR » Frogg toggs karta?
November 13, 2:41pm

Re: Cleaning the Sawyer Inline Filter- Draining Excess Water
I would imagine a blow drier might help as well.

In GEAR » Cleaning the Sawyer Inline Filter
November 13, 2:38pm

Re: Squeeze
The setup in Nico's picture looks just like mine. As he said, some Platypus bladders fit the threads, some don't. The ones that he shows (with squarish bottoms) seem to work fine (http://ww...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze question
October 31, 1:04pm

Re: Re: Windshirts: 2012 State of the Market Report - Part 2: The Present and Future of Windshirts
John beat me to it. I too am curious as to why you picked the Dynamo (5.1 oz.) over the Tachyon (2.3 oz.). Maybe you could have reviewed both of them. I know you can't review them all, but mayb...

In Editor's Roundtable » Windshirts: 2012 State of the Market Report - Part 2: The Present and Future of Windshirts
October 31, 11:59am

Re: Sawyer Squeeze question
Filling the dirty bag is pretty easy. Obviously if you find running water, then nothing else is needed. For a lake, a plastic bag will work. Some folks use a cup or bowl that they might use for din...

October 31, 11:46am

Re: Re: Re: Some clarity...
Like I said, bike shoe covers are specifically designed for this. Not to cover boots, of course, but to cover bike shoes. Bike shoes and trail runners are quite similar. The only difference is that...

In GEAR » Suggestions for UL Waterproof Gaitors?
October 31, 10:54am

Re: Suggestions for UL Waterproof Gaitors?
There are plenty of good gators out there, but I don't think they will keep your feet waterproof, unless most of your shoe is waterproof. They will cover your ankles and much of the boot, thoug...

In GEAR » Suggestions for UL Waterproof Gaitors?
October 30, 8:39pm

Re: Sawyer Squeeze question
Sounds like a good plan. Here are a few suggestions: There is a weight penalty with the Big Zips over a regular Platypus or Sawyer Bag. I think the Sawyer bladder is lightest, but not very durab...

October 30, 8:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm