BPL Community Profile

Roman Dial (romandial) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale packrafting NZ
About Me A middle aged man, married, fattening up.
CityAnchorage
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roman Dial

Showing 131 - 140 of 210 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: specific Map question:
Terry, Most of us get "mud map" directions fairly often, and then we have to keep it in our head. Tom, That sounds like a very cool and adventuresome project.

In Philosophy & Technique » specific Map question:
December 16, 6:29pm

No response?
No response? Is this because going without a map is like paddling w/out a life jacket, climbing without a rope, cycling without a helmet, having sex w/out protection? Is it really *unsafe*? S...

December 16, 4:54pm

Glacier Park Goat Trail
Awesome!! Looks like a must-do route. Anymore must-do routes out there -- must do animal trail routes that is?

In Philosophy & Technique » Finding game trails
December 15, 8:17pm

specific Map question:
Anybody out there do "no map" travel, ever? Like in a place you have never been before? If so, care to share details?

December 15, 6:07pm

Finding deer trails
Thanks Paul, Excellent info. Maybe deer have smallish home ranges and do not migrate far, so following a single trail for hours is rare?

December 15, 6:04pm

Re: Cold Perception
"When you get cold your body decreases blood flow to the hands and feet. Any resultant increased blood volume in the torso could be handled by the kidneys by increased urine production, if nec...

In Gear Lists » Making a sleeping system warmer
December 14, 9:29pm

Re: Finding game trails
I get a "forbidden".....when trying to access these

December 14, 6:54pm

What do you sleep in?
To save weight, do you sleep in your hiking clothes, or do you have a special set of clothes to sleep in, like camping pajamas?

In Philosophy & Technique » What do you sleep in?
December 14, 11:03am

Re: coated fabric drying times
Tom, That is a good theory. My experince is the opposite, however, that the silnylon takes longer to dry. I am not very experimental with this, however. It's just the sense that I have and w...

In GEAR » coated fabric drying times
December 14, 10:58am

Re: Re: three in a mid
PJ: Ditto. my lame attempt at humor -- the "walnut" ref was a sad attempt at describing the size of your, ahem, bladder, given your apparent reluctance to drink for fear of peeing in t...

In Gear Lists » Making a sleeping system warmer
December 14, 10:50am

All Reader Reviews by Roman Dial

Roman Dial has posted no reviews.