BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 131 - 140 of 973 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...98

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cuben tent for mountaineering?
John, I was more curious about the 5km distance part of your statement than the CF tarp. Because when I clicked on the "Hiking Journal" link of your blog I only found 5 somewhat strange p...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben tent for mountaineering?
April 06, 7:19am

Re: Re: Cuben tent for mountaineering?
John sez, "I have 3,000+ miles (~5000km) of hiking with a 0.34 CF tarp." Any online trip reports/diary posts or hiking partners that can corroborate this?

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben tent for mountaineering?
April 06, 6:11am

Re: Sony A7
So this thread got me curious about the latest and greatest and after a quick scan I don't get why you would not consider the full frame Sony A7 since the body is roughly same size as the Olies...

In Photography » Whats the opinion on micro 4/3s
April 04, 7:15pm

Re: material/form factor of aluminum stays and framesheet
Sarah, you want a frame that twists and turns with your back. Look for vids/images of the "butterfly" frames used in Mammut packs. Patagonia also uses a similar design in their new Asc...

In Make Your Own Gear » material/form factor of aluminum stays and framesheet
April 04, 5:39pm

Re: Re: RE: Stretchy wind pants?
Jen my MB Dynamo size XL are 100% nylon. The process they describe in Japanese is a "crimp fiber" giving what they call "bias stretch." Basically a 2-way stretch. Frankly, it is...

In Make Your Own Gear » Stretchy wind pants?
April 04, 7:42am

Re: Helium HD vs Super Mica
The Super Mica appears to use a ~2x heavier denier fabric than the Helium HD. So perhaps more durable (30D on Helium HD is pretty durable though) but I would bet LESS BREATHABLE. I would also bet t...

In GEAR » Advice for a hardshell for early spring and late fall.
April 04, 12:06am

Re: Waiting on Borah Gear
I'm going to bet that the baffles are too big for that amount of fill and when the jacket is worn gravity will settle the down leaving bands of cold spots. Be skeptical of any clothing that has...

In GEAR » warmth of UL down puffy
April 03, 8:33pm

Re: more details...
This jacket will stay in your pack 95% of the time and shouldn't weigh more than 10oz for 3-season Alpine use. Get an OR Helium HD and be done with it. Never have to worry about delamination is...

In GEAR » Advice for a hardshell for early spring and late fall.
April 03, 7:29pm

Re: Do you dry the interior of your Platypus? How?
I use a hair dryer on low heat pointed into opening to finish for storage after wash/rinse/air dry overnight. Takes maybe a minute.

In GEAR » Do you dry the interior of your Platypus? How?
April 03, 6:14pm

Re: Re: Re: APS-C vs M43
In that case, definitely go with the larger APS-C or full frame sensor models out in the mirror-less format. Sorry I can't make any specific recommendations as I've been OK with lugging a d...

In Photography » Whats the opinion on micro 4/3s
April 03, 6:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.