BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 131 - 140 of 616 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...62

Forum » Thread

SMD
"4. Now, it came to the interesting part. Because of the defective Net Tent, I was not able to use the tent for my soon coming trip. " "They are still brand new. But I probably ne...

In GEAR » Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)
May 30, 9:01pm

LCW
Welcome to Colorado Andy! "Driving in, I see more of the Hayman Burn. A series of signs reads: "Look how the forest that you so admire goes up in smoke with a single fire.""...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24: Lost Creek Wilderness
May 20, 2:51pm

Re: Current Colorado Snow/Water Equivalents
I'm doing my part guys. I summerized my snow thrower and put it away. Then I got out my lawn tractor. Seems to be working.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Current Colorado Snow/Water Equivalents
April 16, 12:34pm

Re: "Beer in a can"
"Well if ALL you want is hoppy then you are hardly the sort of beer snob i am referring to." I can't tell if that is meant as a slam or not, but no matter. I certainly don't co...

In Chaff » "Beer in a Can"
April 13, 8:25pm

Re: MSR Lightning Ascent
I saw this thread was still active and decided to see if they were still on sale and was surprised to see they were. The 30" yellow anyway, which is what I was trying to avoid buying. I alread...

In Gear Deals » MSR Lightning Ascent Snow Shoes - All Sizes 60% Off - $108-$120
April 11, 3:50pm

Re: Caldera cone vs MYOG`
"Im not cheap but these prices make me wonder.What am i missing here?" They do make really high quality stuff and have awesome customer service. Well worth the cost to me. But cert...

In GEAR » Caldera cone vs MYOG?
April 05, 11:08pm

Is there something you eat in the backcountry that you don't eat otherwise?
Is there something you eat in the backcountry that you don't eat otherwise? For me it's chocolate and potato chips. I was on a weekend trip with a friend once and he pulled out a can of...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Is there something you eat in the backcountry that you don't eat otherwise?
April 04, 8:49pm

Re: Anyone with experience with recovery from knee replacement surgery?
Thanks for the encouragement! Stuart, those llamas would need some serious training to get into real packing shape. They're pasture potatoes at this point. The only exercise they get anymor...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone with experience with recovery from knee replacement surgery?
April 04, 1:54pm

Re: Anyone with experience with recovery from knee replacement surgery?
Thanks Jen. I'm very happy with my orthopedist. He, as everyone else, did say that every recovery is different but the fact that I was active, and relatively young at 53 for this procedure anyw...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone with experience with recovery from knee replacement surgery?
April 03, 7:48pm

Anyone with experience with recovery from knee replacement surgery?
I'm 10 weeks post op from a partial knee replacement. My doctor says I'm on schedule with my recovery but I'm not close to being able to hike or backpack. I'm walking the roads arou...

April 03, 12:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.