Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 131 - 140 of 680 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re :"Canister Stove Hazard?"
I keep thinking about this when the reference is made to the guy who started the fire with the alky stove near Fort Collins, CO, last year. The story is he was using his alky stove and turned aroun...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Canister Stove Hazard?
August 30, 10:02pm

Re :"Golite SL3 nest 2012 model"
I saw Victor's post for the WTB before I posted this but thought he wanted an all net inner. Funny how things work out.

In Gear Swap » Golite SL3 nest 2012 model
August 30, 9:50pm

Re; "WTB SL3 net only"
On the way in the morning. Thanks for the assist Stephen. There's a cold one waiting for you in Colorado. :)

In Gear Swap » WTB SL3 net only
August 30, 9:47pm

Golite SL3 nest 2012 model - SOLD
SOLD. Golite SL3 nest 2012 model. Never used. Kept it thinking I might use it for car camping but I have car camping tents. $60 shipped CONUS. PM if interested.

In Gear Swap » Golite SL3 nest 2012 model
August 30, 6:58pm

Re:"Heineken plus Caldera cone. How much fuel to boil?"
Right. Everclear.

In GEAR » Heineken plus Caldera cone. How much fuel to boil?
August 28, 8:08am

Re: Heineken plus Caldera cone. How much fuel to boil?
I pulled out the Ti-Tri sidewinder with my Evernew 1300 ml pot and got: Air temp: 68.5 Water temp 49.something (not quite 50) Water: 16 oz Elevation: 8640' Boil time: 10.25 minutes Fuel...

In GEAR » Heineken plus Caldera cone. How much fuel to boil?
August 27, 10:46pm

RE: Bans
"Yep. Ask 5 people and you might get 5 answers." So true. And look at the wording on fire bans from 5 different agencies and you'll likely get 5 different versions. We seem to go t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol Stoves Reconsidered
August 23, 10:11am

Re: best two way sat communicator?
BTW Rex, I did very much enjoy your article on 2 way satellite communicators. Really well done. And I'm ready to switch in a second if it's $100/yr for unlimited messages.

In GEAR » best two way sat communicator?
August 20, 11:33pm

Re: best two way sat communicator?
"All of the two-way satellite text communicators on the US market use Iridium. Iridium is pretty much the only game in town for now. With no competition, Iridium has no reason to lower prices,...

In GEAR » best two way sat communicator?
August 20, 11:26pm

RE; Wind River Traverse: Green River Lakes to Big Sandy
Kris, great TR. Did you have any smoke coming into the area from the ID fires? I was hoping to get back there in a few weeks but last September the fires burning in the north basically ruined my pi...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind River Traverse: Green River Lakes to Big Sandy
August 20, 11:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.