BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 131 - 140 of 583 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...59

Forum » Thread

Gear rooms
"Yep I'm single. I don't know how you guessed." It was the 5 WM bags that clued me in.

In GEAR » Lets see your GEAR ROOMS!!
March 12, 11:55am

Gear room
Jeez Dale, REI garage sales have less gear! "my my, I hope my wife doesn't see this thread." I'm definitely showing my wife. This makes me appear quite reasonable. (I'll...

In GEAR » Lets see your GEAR ROOMS!!
March 12, 7:47am

Re: 3 person shelter
I had a RS2, which I liked a lot, but switched to an SL3 to go floorless. I agree that 3 would be really tight in the SL3. And it's pretty heavy if you take the nest which I never do. If you wa...

In GEAR » Three Person Shelter Question: Golite SL3 or TT Rainshadow 2? Others?
March 11, 4:10pm

Ti-Tri
"What about ash disposal? My boyfriend and I were hiking in Mt. Rainier National Park last summer, and one fellow in the campsite next to use was using a wood-burning stove. He had it sited co...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is a tiny wood-fuelled stove a campfire?
March 08, 10:52pm

Tequila sunrise
Tequila and orange Gatorade makes a nice backcountry Tequila Sunrise. Hydrate while you dehydrate is my motto.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ultralight Cocktails
March 08, 10:46pm

Re: Tenkara presentation
Cool. I'll look for the guy holding the grill :)

In Fishing » Tenkara presentation in Boulder-March 18
March 07, 5:45pm

Re: "New" portion of Colorado Trail
I wonder what percentage of people will now take the new section? I'm going to do a couple of weeks of section hiking on the CT this summer and have been leaning toward using the west route. Si...

In Pre-Trip Planning » "New" portion of Colorado Trail
March 07, 3:39pm

Winds
Yes, great report. I was there in September last year but worked long hours right away when I got back and never posted a report. I like the mosquito scale. Nice thing about September, 0 on the mos...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind River Range 2012
March 07, 3:04pm

Re: Tenkara presentation
Gary, is it going to be like other REI presentations where you reserve your spot online or just first come, first served? Either way, I'll be there. Thanks for the heads up. Edit: Sorry, rea...

In Fishing » Tenkara presentation in Boulder-March 18
March 07, 2:36pm

4 pass
"This was later Aug (23-30) so crowds may have started to thin by then with kids back in school (mine were)." Probably true. Each time I've been there was right after Labor Day. Th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » August 4 pass loop
March 02, 4:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.