Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 131 - 140 of 8296 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...830

Forum » Thread

Re: Hopefully Europe has a little more sense
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/02/04/putin-aspergers-syndrome-study-pentagon/22855927/ "Pentagon 2008 study claims Putin has Asperger's syndrome" "Putin&#...

In Chaff » I Find This Very Troubling (Warning: Politics)
February 05, 9:41am

Re: Re: Fundamental Character Defect?
He said he doped because everyone else did, but it seemed like he was a lead doper. Other people could use that argument, but not him. I think he's just sociopath.

In Chaff » Fundamental Character Defect?
February 05, 9:17am

Re: I prefer lighter colors
For most of the year when it's cool, I wear darker colors. Sometimes I'll be a bit cold and find some sunlight to stand in and warm up. Or if something's damp it'll dry out. Wh...

In GEAR » wearing dark colors in the hot sun?
February 05, 9:13am

Re: Re: Re: How much fabric needed for a bivy?
tyvek mockup? good idea tyvek is stiff and hard to sew. You could use an old bed sheet. Don't do any details, just the bag to see if it's big enough for your sleeping bag and so forth....

In Make Your Own Gear » How much fabric needed for a bivy?
February 05, 9:11am

Re: Need to make removable bag neck collar
I've bought down from http://wildernesslogics.com/DIY-MATERIALS_c28.htm Working with down is not that difficult But, for a collar, it's small enough weight difference wouldn't be...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need to make removable bag neck collar
February 05, 8:29am

Re: Ah
"Your idiocy is apparently boundless. Can't help you there." "You don't like being called out so you resort to personal attacks?" Have to agree with Michael on tha...

February 04, 11:05pm

Re: How much fabric needed for a bivy?
Good estimate Maybe you should actually design it first. Get dimensions of the pieces you need. Width of the fabric you're buying. "Lay it out". Then you will not buy too much e...

In Make Your Own Gear » How much fabric needed for a bivy?
February 04, 11:03pm

Re: Re: Re
http://www.nato.int/docu/review/2014/russia-ukraine-nato-crisis/Nato-enlargement-Russia/EN/index.htm "In his address to the Russian Parliament on 18 April 2014, in which President Putin jus...

February 04, 10:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: wow
If I was "the decider" I'de have agreed to not expand NATO to countries bordering Russia. At least not until Russia had joined NATO. I'de send people like Kerry, Biden, and Ob...

February 04, 12:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: wow
"You should let avoiding a global conflict be your guidance though. I mean, nothing is worth that." agree with that sometimes you have to let a conflict get worse before both sides ...

February 04, 12:20pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.