Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 131 - 140 of 8521 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...853

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Chopping a bit more weight, advice from the experts?
I've tried Esbit - too slow, yucky fumes and residue on pot, the fuel weighs more 200g canister provides more stable base. Pocket Rocket is fine. The empty canister is an extra 5 ounces bu...

In Gear Lists » Chopping a bit more weight, advice from the experts?
March 15, 8:15am

Re: Fellow BPLrs.
ahhh... I see your point... you feel like it was addressed to you... people were ganging up on you there which I disagree with it's better to ignore someone than get into a flame war &q...

In Chaff » Proud of my fellow BPLrs.
March 15, 8:01am

Re: Uncomfortable shoulder straps on backpack - Suggestions?
looks like the comfortable straps have foam in them and the uncomfortable straps don't 1/8" inch or 1/4" (3 or 6 mm to you?) stiff foam, like used for sleeping pad. The lightest m...

In Make Your Own Gear » Uncomfortable shoulder straps on backpack - Suggestions?
March 15, 7:45am

Re: Re: Fellow BPLrs.
funny how such a well intended start could turn into such a flame war not being critical of anyone

In Chaff » Proud of my fellow BPLrs.
March 14, 11:00pm

Re: Re: Tip for weighing
or hang a hanger from the scale, holding it in the air, and hang whatever you want to weigh off the hanger

In Gear Swap » FS: Hybrid MLD/ZPacks backpack
March 14, 7:16pm

Re: Re: Re: To whom it involves
"Ian do you even hike?" I went on a 2 night trip with Ian he's organizing a GGG June 12 on Olympic Peninsula. he seemed pretty friendly to me in person. Well, actually on ...

In Chaff » PSA: How To Annoy A Mom on BPL
March 14, 4:59pm

Re: Re: UL battery/power pack for camera
"When you do have a bunch of spares, label them 1/2/3 or A/B/C so you can keep track in the field" I always use #1 first, when it dies use #2 The #1 set of batteries gets a lot more...

In GEAR » UL battery/power pack for camera
March 14, 4:53pm

Re: To whom it involves
That is horrible someone would call you, Sarah, about an unimportant internet thread Again, I don't see what you said that was so offensive, although I won't go back and look I hope t...

March 14, 4:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Some community
but how can you get seriously worked up about semi-anonymous posts on the internet that you likely misinterpreted? occasionally I'll feel like a bunch of people are saying nasty things to me...

March 14, 2:53pm

Re: Out of the bag. My bad, but here goes.
So, you are actually pissed about something on this thread? And you're not really just a bot created to entertain us?

March 14, 2:23pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.