Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 131 - 140 of 7794 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...780

Forum » Thread

Re: Oh Jerry! STOP!
yeah, but you have a Democratic Governor, two Senators, and congressman (unless you live East/South) : )

In Chaff » Oh Jerry!
November 09, 2:20pm

Re: Questions about a Solid/Partially-Solid Inner for a 'Mid
If you want to be warmer, it would weigh less to just have thicker sleeping bag Argon 67 from dutchweargear or Nobul1 or 2 from tittaniumgoat would make a good inner. Fairly breathable and very...

In Make Your Own Gear » Questions about a Solid/Partially-Solid Inner for a 'Mid
November 09, 9:53am

Re: Yawn
make a "political contrubution" of $1 million we have "the best congress money can buy"

In Philosophy & Technique » The inevitable bike legalization of the JMT
November 09, 9:35am

Re: Re: New Feathered Friends Quilt
"Continuous baffles let you position the down where you need it" That's good marketing spin Take a negative and pose it as an advantage Sort of like Real Estate agent saying ...

In GEAR » New Feathered Friends Quilt
November 09, 9:33am

Re: Re: Re: Primaloft gold
For thinner bags down has less advantage because the fabric is a bigger percentage of total weight. Plus the weight of the baffles. For 2.5 oz apex, CLO = 2.05 like you said By my measure ht...

In Make Your Own Gear » Primaloft gold
November 09, 9:28am

Re: shelter center pole
I have 60 inch center pole. That provides enough to move around a little and not contact inside of tent and maybe get condensation on me. The peak of tent is narrow so that space isn't really...

In GEAR » shelter center pole
November 09, 8:36am

Re: Re: New Feathered Friends Quilt
I thought the purpose of a quilt was you don't need insulation on the bottom, because it just gets squshed, so it's lighter weight This bag is 62 inches wide. Quilts are maybe 54 inch...

In GEAR » New Feathered Friends Quilt
November 09, 8:30am

Re: Covered top vent for Betamid
maybe top vent doesn't have enough cross section area. Need something like an entire door to provide good ventilation.

In Make Your Own Gear » Covered top vent for Betamid
November 08, 4:44pm

Re: Sewing timelapse
Nice video. I would never put a star decoration on something - too much extra weight Are those paper grocery sacks for patterns? And good you're using carpenter square.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing timelapse
November 08, 4:42pm

Re: Primaloft gold
down will give twice the CLO per ounce the CLO per ounce of synthetics doesn't last very long, gradually compresses

In Make Your Own Gear » Primaloft gold
November 08, 4:38pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.