Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 131 - 140 of 8985 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...899

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Using a bivy with overbag as a sleep system? Will it work?
good that Nick is posting : ) maybe an overly heavy shelter is a bandaid for an inadequate bivy about half the time, when it's not raining or there's excessive condensation, I'll ...

In GEAR » Using a bivy with overbag as a sleep system? Will it work?
June 14, 11:15am

Re: Re: Re: Reality
http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/german-investors-discouraged-by-corruption-in-russia-a-892043.html German article "Promising but Perilous: German Firms Put Off by Russian Cor...

In Chaff » Survey Points to Challenges NATO Faces Over Russia
June 14, 9:02am

Re: Re: Reality
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/939659ae-b67d-11e3-b230-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3d30cSAnO opinion piece from Financial Times - Britains biggest financial newspaper "Corruption has laid waste to ...

June 14, 8:45am

Re: Reality
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100805382 Independent source about Russia corruption - CNBC "Is Russia Too Corrupt for International Business?" June 2013 - a bit before Ukraine invasion ...

June 14, 8:16am

"Why would Russia suddenly behave this way, after years of ever increasing trade with the European Union and other countries in Europe?" In 2008 there was a global recession (you remem...

June 13, 11:50pm

Re: Re: Re: A 22 year old song for the current times
that was probably overly personal insult, sorry : ) I don't get depressed about political discussion. Issues are complicated. Interesting to see other people's point of view.

In Chaff » A 22 year old song for the current times
June 13, 10:55am

Re: A defense
You got nothing to apologize for Some Americans can not take any criticism - screw 'em I've heard Denmark is the happiest country in the world

In Chaff » A defense
June 13, 7:47am

Finally, someone else sees the obvious, the Peter/Jerry camp vs the Tom/Kat/Rog camp (just being silly here, sorry) That Frontline piece is very illuminating Putins Way transcript "...

June 13, 7:42am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Survey Points to Challenges NATO Faces Over Russia
"But the expansion of NATO regarding the Baltics wasn't a hostile takeover. The Baltic countries are now democratic nations part of NATO and EU." Putin can not let that happen in U...

June 12, 9:04am

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Problem with Our Media
"If you think about the tremendous, tremendous sacrifices so many, many Americans made to preserve the Union back in 1860's -- why would you expect any less from the equally proud and patr...

June 12, 8:54am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.