BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 131 - 140 of 7604 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...761

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Office Politics. Retarded monkeys (devolution)
although sometimes, when you hire someone to do something, they decide that's not the best way to do it and do something else instead, but that's not useful Dilbert is applicable for man...

In Chaff » Office Politics
October 07, 9:56am

Re: Critters
I've only heard them. Too wiley to get picture. Nice Bob!

In Post-Trip Reports » Critters
October 06, 6:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Luci
I cut the plastic reflector off to save a little weight. Also, it didn't really add any functionality that was useful to me. I left on the plastic that made it waterproof.

In GEAR » Inflatable/collapsible solar carged light
October 06, 9:56am

Re: Re: Re: Duomid or Solomid
No need to apologize Your English is much better than my Arabic You are successfully communicating

In GEAR » Duomid or Solomid
October 06, 8:10am

plural of gear
BTW the rain gets on your gear, not your gears on the other hand, if you had a bunch of bicycle parts, including these round metal pieces with teeth, you'de have some gears U.S. English i...

In GEAR » Duomid or Solomid
October 06, 7:44am

Re: Re
down parka would be good a jacket outside of it to give wind protection? if the bag wasn't warm enough at night maybe you could wear the down parka inside? Probably be over warm but you ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Layering questions for winter hiking at altitudes above 9,500ft
October 05, 11:28pm

ahhh... you said minimum temp is 0 to 12 - so assume 0? 0 degree bag may be good to 0 wearing a base layer. A base layer is going to provide very little warmth regardless of what type, so it...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Layering questions for winter hiking at altitudes above 9,500ft
October 05, 11:09pm

Yeah, not totally accurate. I usually allow it'll be 10 degrees colder. Sometimes you get inversions where it actually gets warmer with altitude, so the 3.5 or 5 degree per 1000 foot is jus...

October 05, 10:39pm

Re: Layering questions for winter hiking at altitudes above 9,500ft
Use NOAA point forecast http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Portland&state=OR&site=PQR&textField1=45.447&textField2=-122.767 You can scroll aroundon the map at righ...

October 05, 9:32pm

Re: Re: Re: supplex
same as Roger - make my own supplex shirt - fairly durable but I don't do crazy bushwacking I wouldn't consider it a windshirt, just a shirt, or maybe that's all a windshirt is : ) ...

In GEAR » durable bushwacking windshirt
October 05, 7:58am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.