BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 131 - 140 of 7237 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...724

Forum » Thread

Re: portlandhikers.org
My standard weather forecast tool is http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-121.81668&lat=44.12394 You can pan around and select the weather report for any spot, including somewhere a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Three Sisters Loop in August
July 29, 9:58pm

Re: MYOG silnylon day pack
Nice looking day pack My sleeping bag stuff bag is sort of like that - shoulder straps on one side, turn inside out for stuff sack. Except mine is more minimalist - seldomly used as day pack. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG silnylon day pack
July 29, 9:22pm

Re: Re: Example
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/some-named-in-senates-cia-torture-report-denied-chance-to-read-it/ The Senate is about to release a report about CIA torture. Torture isn't effective either - ...

In Chaff » My party has lost its soul...
July 29, 3:59pm

Re: Example
I agree - terrorist watchlist will never work It's like Israel can't get peace by "demilitarizing" Gaza, they have to reach peace agreement where Palastinians can have an indep...

July 29, 2:49pm

Re: My party has lost its soul...
I agree, fascinating article I disagree with the conclusion that we have to "break up with Obama". I must be one of those liberals that have a hard time admitting Obama's "no...

July 29, 2:31pm

Re: eVent warranty just one year?
I made 2.5 layer eVent jacket. Delaminated after 1.5 years or so. Next time I'll put a lining on shoulders and hood. I think body oils from sweat is what does it.

In GEAR » eVent warranty just one year?
July 29, 8:08am

Re: Re: NYT: legalize marijuana
I bet it would reduce crime in Central/South America Fewer people escaping the violence and coming to U.S. That would be a smarter way to control illegal immigration than having troops statio...

In Chaff » NYT: legalize marijuana
July 29, 8:02am

Re: Seriously? Why do these "regulators" take so long?
There's a thread in the Sierra Bear Blog about how the solution is to cull out the humans : )

In GEAR » Ursack closer to being allowed in Yosemite?
July 28, 4:38pm

Re: Re: Fabric
where'de you get the argon sil 1.1 oz/yd2?

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon Silnylon Pyramid Tarp - Hex
July 28, 10:43am

Re: Re: Drool
Of course different tents for different people/situations, but I stake one side of the door and open the other so there's only 1/4 of the tent floor exposed to rain If it's raining, I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon Silnylon Pyramid Tarp - Hex
July 28, 8:58am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.