Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 131 - 140 of 8757 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...876

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Enchanted Valley bear
There were several people camped there. They seemed to be using bear wire. Your link said no camping above Pyrites Creek which is about 3.5 miles below Enchanted Valley. That's where I cam...

In Post-Trip Reports » Enchanted Valley bear
April 24, 4:42pm

Re: Bear Attack
Doesn't seem like Fort Lewis would be prime bear habitat. Fairly civilized there.

In Chaff » Bear Attack
April 24, 2:30pm

Re: Center zip
I've been using center zip bivy for years and think it works pretty good. When you don't need it zipped up - no bugs and warm - both sides tuck out of the way nicely. Or when you're...

In Make Your Own Gear » Evolution of a MYOG bivy
April 24, 2:22pm

Re: Re: meme time part 2
Don't take the bait Ken : )

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
April 24, 11:27am

Enchanted Valley bear
I've been meaning to get up to Enchanted Valley in Olympics to see bear. Schedule and weather finally aligned. bear poop: About 0.1 mile above cabin, walked around corner and bear was ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Enchanted Valley bear
April 24, 10:13am

Re: packing stakes
ziploc plastic bag. Any dirt or water is contained. I just put them in the bag with the tent. Maybe once a year I replace the bag.

In GEAR » packing stakes
April 24, 9:27am

Re: Re: Granite Falls, WA
If you go northeast of Olympics, it's in the rain shadow and gets half as much rain. Sequim is in the center of the rain shadow. Poulsbo, Bainbridge Island, Silverdale on your map. Some peop...

In Chaff » Granite Falls, WA
April 23, 3:53pm

Re: Re: gonads
"That's sexist, inconsistent with BPL's core values, and you owe me an apology..." I apologize for, I forget, what was I supposed to apologize for...

April 16, 7:22am

Re: Re: OK fine
You have to capitalize the first letter to get by the profanity filter : ) And I'm just throwing it out there. Maybe it's mildly offensive to women to use the phrase "getting some ...

April 15, 5:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: OK fine
"Hate to admit it, but I did not know..." I think from context, Ian meant male gonads, but it's a little ambiguous. For one thing, people don't talk about female gonads in t...

April 15, 5:23pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.