Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lyan Jordan (redmonk) - BPL Guest

My Locale Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
About Me Constantly pushing the envelope on UL lifestyle. Over the last few years, I have saved a ton of weight by replacing my old gear with innovative new materials woven from hollow words, broken contracts, and empty promises.
CityBozeman
StateMT
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.promisemoredelivernothing.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lyan Jordan

Showing 131 - 140 of 971 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...98

Forum » Thread

COUPON FOR MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
Have you tried some that can be found by googling backpacking light membership coupon ? I found a couple that work ! I used this new tool released in the 90s, google, maybe you heard of it ?...

In GEAR » COUPON FOR MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL?
May 20, 9:02pm

dyeing a pack
Yes. Purple = red + blue Green = yellow + blue blue + red + yellow = brown --G.B.--

In GEAR » dyeing a pack
May 20, 8:41pm

Alcohol energy content / stove system efficiencies - methanol / ethanol / mixes
If the stove is yellow and sooty, it's lack of oxygen. If the stove is yellow and not sooty, it could be an additive , like sodium, to make it easier see a flame.

In GEAR » Alcohol energy content / stove system efficiencies - methanol / ethanol / mixes
May 20, 8:24pm

Food protection gear
I dual use my "protection". I leave my food within site with a bell on it. When the bell goes off, it's time to defend the food. In bear country I use a bearikade. --G....

In GEAR » Food protection gear
May 20, 8:13pm

COUPON FOR MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL?
I think the backpacking magazine forums are free, supported by corporate ad money and donations. Zero dollars. Backpacking forum. Problem solved, take your account somewhere free.

In GEAR » COUPON FOR MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL?
May 20, 8:04am

Backpacking and anterior pelvic tilt
Maybe try packs with hip belts that have two buckles, so the belt can be snugged at the top and bottom ?

In GEAR » Backpacking and anterior pelvic tilt
May 19, 9:12am

baffled
Shifting down doesn't give a bag a 50 degree rating change ? Really ? I would have thought with a little shaking I could use it to camp in Death Valley or on top of Whitney. I guess thos...

In GEAR » 10F EE RevX Quilt too warm in summer?
May 18, 8:00pm

JMT Food Lists
In my JMT hike, I took buffalo, chicken, lentils, beans, chuño, rice, orzo, chicken broth, tomato paste, and a spice rack. I snacked on fruit smoothies w/malto dextrin, chocolate chip cookies,...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » JMT Food Lists
May 17, 3:58pm

Which Pencil for the JMT?
I didn't know they were being made again when I suggested it. They were precious at one time, but amazon has them now for reasonable prices. $6 for the two piece sample pack, and $25 a box. ...

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
May 16, 1:40pm

Which Pencil for the JMT?
Am I the only person who has *actually* hiked the JMT ? The carpenter pencil is too loud, and needs a knife to sharpen, and uses inferior lead. The 602 writes silent, so the wildlife won&#...

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
May 15, 8:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Lyan Jordan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Absaroka
Great pack. Smallish, but fits a bearikade expedition. I used it on a JMT thru, and it carried great with 30# in it. Comfortable. Carries on the hips, not much should pressure at all. Would wo...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 16, 10:25am