Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan C (radio_guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Alaska
About Me Ryan C has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListZion Traverse 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan C

Showing 131 - 140 of 514 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...52

Forum » Thread

Summerlite?
Surprised no one has mentioned the WM Summerlite at 19oz. Personally I think the baffled construction and full length zipper are worth the extra few ounces over a Highlite. It is my go-to bag for a...

In GEAR » 30~35F superlight sleeping bag options
December 19, 7:14pm

Re: Re wm
"If the down can move, the baffles are underfilled." The baffles on my WM bags don't seem too underfilled but they are continually baffled to move the down from the bottom undersid...

In GEAR » CT, WM sleeping bag dilemma
December 17, 10:30am

Re: What is your winter weight?
I have come to the conclusion that I can skimp on warm weather trips and live but don't care how much I have to carry in winter to stay alive and have fun. With the way things are going, my bas...

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter weight?
December 13, 2:15pm

Re: What do you wear?
(Brand names omitted to halt GearBuyer) Desert: LS convertible light-colored Synthetic Shirt Convertible pants Cotton or synthetic boxer briefs UL Rain Jacket or Windshirt if needed Light f...

In GEAR » What do you wear?
December 06, 11:17pm

Thermawrap
Thermawrap jacket user here. Great for mild conditions above 45 degrees IMO. I too find it about equivalent to a 100wt fleece + windshirt for half the weight and bulk. It is not warm enough as a st...

In GEAR » beta wanted: mont-bell ultralight thermawrap vest?
December 01, 9:55pm

Pots and iPhones....
Thanks for the suggestions. I will look further into external battery options for the iPhone 4. I have used large portable solar panels in the past to run field equipment. High efficiency small pan...

In Gear Lists » Preleminary PCT/JMT Gear List
November 30, 7:41pm

Amateur Radio
Since I cannot go on my dayhike exercises now due to all the trigger happy hunters around here, I pass some of the time by playing with my Amateur "Ham" Radio equipment (FCC licensed, it ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The doldrums
November 29, 12:06am

Thanks!
The advice and experience shared on this thread has been excellent. If anything, it helps to confirm my choices and though process for particular aspects. Thank you! Pack: The Circuit is now in ...

In Gear Lists » Preleminary PCT/JMT Gear List
November 28, 12:53am

Re: Backpacker mag $3.99 a year, up to 3 years
I have never ordered from discount magazine providers. Discount Mags seems legit from what I can tell. Has anyone had any problems with them? I would not want to get on a bunch of mailing list or g...

In Gear Deals » Backpacker mag $3.99 a year, up to 3 years
November 26, 12:13pm

Nice
I would jump all over this if it were a jacket but will have to settle for a MontBell Ex Light for now... Would like to hear from those who try them though!

In GEAR » Black Rock Gear Vest
November 25, 4:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan C

Ryan C has posted no reviews.