BPL Community Profile

Daniel Pittman (pitsy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Texas
About Me Born: Mississippi. Raised: Houston. Boy Scouts, BMX, camping. Navy: Great Lakes, Orlando, Norfolk, Guantanamo, San Diego. Hitch-hiked from S.D. to NYC. Bike shops. Moved to: Austin, then Round Rock. Made a baby with: Melissa McChristian. Favorite place: Grand Teton. Favorite animal: Black Bear.
CityRound Rock
StateTX
CountryUnited States of America
My Website URLhttps://www.facebook.com/daniel.pittman.108

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Pittman

Showing 131 - 140 of 283 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: why i wont buy a ghost whisperer
Is your name really Forest Walker, or is that just what you do?

In GEAR » why i wont buy a ghost whisperer
September 24, 12:06am

Re: Re: Re: What would you have done?
Then, if Daniel's approach falls on deaf ears, get Mom out of earshot of the husband and ask, "When will you put your foot down and make him turn around? Make sure it is while you could st...

In Philosophy & Technique » What would you have done?
September 23, 11:36pm

Re: What would you have done?
The only thing I would do differently might be this: Get Dad out of earshot of the wife and kids and ask him point-blank, "Are you lost?" "What's your Plan-B if you can'...

In Philosophy & Technique » What would you have done?
September 23, 10:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Educate me on guylines and line locks
Oh, I'm not saying I don't know how to use a gun if it comes down to it.... I am a Texan, after all. I could have a rifle in my hands in ten minutes if the shit hits the fan. But the m...

In GEAR » Educate me on guylines and line locks
September 20, 12:04am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Educate me on guylines and line locks
I know. I get a kick out of feigning 'righteous indignation' on the internet. It's really hard to hurt my feelings or 'get my goat'. My goat is damned-near ungettable.

September 19, 11:41pm

Re: SD partners
You'll have a great time in Anza Borrego in October/November. Wish I could join you, but I'm in the Austin area now. I can't point you towards any hiking partners, but if you need a l...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » San Diego area hikers
September 19, 11:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Educate me on guylines and line locks
Kat, you stop that right now. I'm an honorable man and I love my girlfriend and son. Actually, practicing knots and hitches with my girlfriend may have been a contributing factor in making ...

September 19, 11:20pm

Re: Educate me on guylines and line locks
@Jen: You're in Texas now; you gotta at least learn how to make a noose! YeeHaw! Just kidding, but seriously... if we ever manage to meet up, I'll teach you two knots and one hitch th...

September 19, 10:56pm

Re: Educate me on guylines and line locks
Um... Camo tarp from Harbor Freight, bundle of paracord from surplus store. Guylines tied permanently to MSR groundhogs. Pound stake, lead cord towards tarp grommet, Alpine butterfly about three...

September 19, 8:58pm

Re: Spoon heresy
I use an MSR titanium spoon. Long handle hits the bottom of the PB jar just fine, and can't get lost under the surface when cooking in or eating from my Titan kettle. Light enough, easy to cl...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Spoon heresy
September 19, 7:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Pittman

Daniel Pittman has posted no reviews.